Take back the terrace, OUR terrace.

Same for me: different times,kids went down the front to be able to see the game.With the present stadia this cannot happen, kids,women,glasgow punters and so on would be prevented from seeing the game.

And there is no way I am going to stand in the club deck! Obviously if people want to go backwards the enclosures and Govan front are ideal standing areas.That would be a better and less selfish campaign.

I can remember standing in the rain in open terraces. Not a good experience. I can remember standing in packed terraces in crowds of over 100,000 with hardly room to breathe and swaying etc. People fainting and having to be hand carried overhead to safety. People drinking/getting drunk and trying there best to urinate into empty beer cans and pish running down steps all over the people in front and the stink everywhere. That is all easily forgotten. There were good reasons that terraces disappeared. Safety being a big one.

I can remember standing in the rain in open terraces. Not a good experience. I can remember standing in packed terraces in crowds of over 100,000 with hardly room to breathe and swaying etc. People fainting and having to be hand carried overhead to safety. People drinking/getting drunk and trying there best to urinate into empty beer cans and pish running down steps all over the people in front and the stink everywhere. That is all easily forgotten. There were good reasons that terraces disappeared. Safety being a big one.

It must have been like a musical festival every weekend, i don't fancy that much!

Aye! There was a thread yesterday saying we'd never have an atmosphere like Besitkas create with 35,000 in their ground. I wish some of the youngsters could have been at Hampden for the '73 cup final - must have been around 35,000 in The Rangers end alone!

There ye go mate..........................................................................................

Never forget that day.............................................134,000!!!!!

1. Alcohol is banned so takes pishing into beer cans out of your equation.

2. Say a stand, or part of a stand eg front or rear, currently seats 4,000 fans. How would it become unsafe for the same number of fans to stand instead of sitting?

Seats? Fuck them.

Never forget that day.............................................134,000!!!!!

From getting on the bus, arriving at Hampden and squeezing in with tens of thousands of bears, watching the victorious display (including Jaws’ three-inch screamer which remains my favourite ever goal) to the night in The Anchor in Garelochhead - just one of the best memories of my life.

I’d love to see the front tiers in Ibrox turned over to standing for the youngsters so they could experience it. Part and parcel of how fitba should be for me!

From getting on the bus, arriving at Hampden and squeezing in with tens of thousands of bears, watching the victorious display (including Jaws' three-inch screamer which remains my favourite ever goal) to the night in The Anchor in Garelochhead - just one of the best memories of my life.

I'd love to see the front tiers in Ibrox turned over to standing for the youngsters so they could experience it. Part and parcel of how fitba should be for me!

Other than big Tam's toe poke, my lasting memory of the game is my hand being blue due tae clingin ontae ma Da's hand for 90 minutes!

A wiz shiting maself the whole game - I'd never been in such a large crowd before.

1. Alcohol is banned so takes pishing into beer cans out of your equation.

2. Say a stand, or part of a stand eg front or rear, currently seats 4,000 fans. How would it become unsafe for the same number of fans to stand instead of sitting?

Seats? Fuck them.

Yes, well I know alcohol is banned but that is what did happen in the past. Seats - I like them - much more comfortable for us older guys and you get a better view. Much better for women and children too - better view. If you want to stand for 90 minutes + that's fine by me. I prefer the present arrangement. You are well entitled to your opinion and me likewise. Safety was a big issue by the way as there were instances of terracing barriers collapsing and the Ibrox Disaster was a big part of seated stadiums coming about. When you got the really big standing crowds of 100,000 and more safety was a huge issue as people fainted in amongst the crowd and the crush getting out of the stadium could also be a problem especially for the young and old alike.

Nevertheless I accept you would like to have a terracing in lieu of seats and as mentioned earlier that's ok by me. It is a different atmosphere that I will admit.

Yes, well I know alcohol is banned but that is what did happen in the past. Seats - I like them - much more comfortable for us older guys and you get a better view. Much better for women and children too - better view. If you want to stand for 90 minutes + that's fine by me. I prefer the present arrangement. You are well entitled to your opinion and me likewise. Safety was a big issue by the way as there were instances of terracing barriers collapsing and the Ibrox Disaster was a big part of seated stadiums coming about. When you got the really big standing crowds of 100,000 and more safety was a huge issue as people fainted in amongst the crowd and the crush getting out of the stadium could also be a problem especially for the young and old alike.

Nevertheless I accept you would like to have a terracing in lieu of seats and as mentioned earlier that's ok by me. It is a different atmosphere that I will admit.

I do appreciate what you're saying but I fail to see how there could be any problems with parts of grounds being terraced and a limit on numbers.

Plenty room to accommodate both.

The cup final worked a treat, destroyed the scum on the volume scale and the best atmosphere we've produced in ages. I don't think it can work as easily at ibrox though, as stated.

I think a petition should be organised and signed by all those who would like a Bundesliga style standing section to be created. Give Whyte something to chew on early into his stewardship. :)

Thats the way foward not sure it would even be considered but worth a try. (tu)

I do appreciate what you're saying but I fail to see how there could be any problems with parts of grounds being terraced and a limit on numbers.

Plenty room to accommodate both.

Part of the ground maybe ok.

Add the facebook page and get it spread http://www.facebook.com/pages/Take-Back-Our-Terrace/105646099521175#!/pages/Take-Back-Our-Terrace/105646099521175

Aswell as getting the text doing the rounds "Final derby game of the Season, The Rangers support stands. Show these fenian bastards that we wont be mastered, pass this on to all good Bluenoses."