Would you mess with him ?

PaulRFC1

r8zdau.jpg

Wid ye fuck :D

Question for the older bears, just how good was the big man ?

Hear alot of stories about him from my Grandad.

I,ve got an old Rangers book written by a really well known journalist at that time called William Allan. He starts one of the chapters describing how Tiger Shaw had to come off the park in a game at Parkhead after suffering a really bad head gash, blood pouring from the wound and he was pleading with Bill Struth to get back on as there were no subs in those days. Mr Struth told him he wouldn,t be needed as the ten men on the park would give the extra effort to make up for his absence. Final score Celtic 0 Rangers 4. True story.

I,ve got an old Rangers book written by a really well known journalist at that time called William Allan. He starts one of the chapters describing how Tiger Shaw had to come off the park in a game at Parkhead after suffering a really bad head gash, blood pouring from the wound and he was pleading with Bill Struth to get back on as there were no subs in those days. Mr Struth told him he wouldn,t be needed as the ten men on the park would give the extra effort to make up for his absence. Final score Celtic 0 Rangers 4. True story.

He gives of that sort of impression.

Seemed like he was a proper captain, that story is something else tho.

You wouldn't see any players nowadays pleading to go back on the pitch with a really bad gash and blood pouring from them.

You wouldn't see any players nowadays pleading to go back on the pitch with a really bad gash and blood pouring from them.

Exactly mate, believe me I have thought more than once about sending this passage from that book to Ibrox before must win games, especially when its games against them. I might just do it before this next game at Ibrox, love it to be put permanently in the dressing room as a reminder about what this clubs traditions and expectations are.

Exactly mate, believe me I have thought more than once about sending this passage from that book to Ibrox before must win games, especially when its games against them. I might just do it before this next game at Ibrox, love it to be put permanently in the dressing room as a reminder about what this clubs traditions and expectations are.

Good idea mate.

I doubt they would do it tho.

Mess with Jock "Tiger" Shaw? I done it heaps of times when I was a wee fella and I've still got the boot marks oan my arse tae prove it. :lol:

As I said on another thread,big Jock had steeley eyes that made you think you had done something wrong, then he'd flash that smile of his and you would think..."Phew!" He lived virtually all his life in the same wee village that my Mother's family live.

One of the greatest men I've ever had the privilege of knowing. :praise: :praise: :praise: :praise:

r8zdau.jpg

Wid ye fuck :D

Question for the older bears, just how good was the big man ?

Hear alot of stories about him from my Grandad.

My uncle Jimmy was apparently good mates with Jock's brother, Davie, and Jimmy reckoned that Jock was the best in the business.

Now if this came from a Rangers supporter, you would expect that...But my Uncle Jimmy was (and still is) a Celtic supporter...and was no mean footballer himself,and to this very day he still maintains that Jock "Tiger" Shaw was the best in the land.

My uncle Jimmy was apparently good mates with Jock's brother, Davie, and Jimmy reckoned that Jock was the best in the business.

Now if this came from a Rangers supporter, you would expect that...But my Uncle Jimmy was (and still is) a Celtic supporter...and was no mean footballer himself,and to this very day he still maintains that Jock "Tiger" Shaw was the best in the land.

I go to the games with his Nephew Jim he is a copper in Dundee

Did Tiger Shaw still work in some capacity at Ibrox in 1970/75 ??

Tiger was our groundsman for a while in later years, so there was a possibility that he was still doing it around that time.

Tiger was our groundsman for a while in later years, so there was a possibility that he was still doing it around that time.

Thanks, I'm sure it was him who let me in when he was opening the gate at half-time during a pre-season friendly against a second division German team.

Colin Stein :praise: was playing and had a good game,the rest were pish. :wanker:

Thanks, I'm sure it was him who let me in when he was opening the gate at half-time during a pre-season friendly against a second division German team.

Colin Stein :praise: was playing and had a good game,the rest were pish. :wanker:

Well mate! you can at least say you got one of the greatest players in Rangers history to open the gates of Ibrox for you. (tu)

Well mate! you can at least say you got one of the greatest players in Rangers history to open the gates of Ibrox for you. (tu)

Wish now I had my camera with me or even asked him for his autograph. :angry:

Can you imagine Boughy grazing his forehead?

Be back on that playing to Algeria in no time!

Wish now I had my camera with me or even asked him for his autograph. :angry:

Well you don't think of these things at the time. I remember playing in a Schools cup game against Bellshill Academy in the pissing rain,and after the game finished,this guy with a bunnet on came up to me and said..."Son! That's the best right back performance I've ever saw from a wee laddie!"

I almost fainted when I saw it was none other than Captain Cutlass himself, Bobby Shearer. I was so flabbergasted that the great man said that to me, I blubbered out..."Thanks Mr Cutlass!" doh

I didn't have the nerve to tell him I was actually supposed to be playing right winger. :lol:

Well you don't think of these things at the time. I remember playing in a Schools cup game against Bellshill Academy in the pissing rain,and after the game finished,this guy with a bunnet on came up to me and said..."Son! That's the best right back performance I've ever saw from a wee laddie!"

I almost fainted when I saw it was none other than Captain Cutlass himself, Bobby Shearer. I was so flabbergasted that the great man said that to me, I blubbered out..."Thanks Mr Cutlass!" doh

I didn't have the nerve to tell him I was actually supposed to be playing right winger. :lol:

:lol: