UEFA to hammer Rangers

Jelle1880

That is an utterly ridiculous comment.

Why, because sectarian singing has caused Rangers sanctions they can ill-afford, meanwhile the fans who caused it, and defending it?

Ridiculous...maybe not the word i'd choose.

Why, because sectarian singing has caused Rangers sanctions they can ill-afford, meanwhile the fans who caused it, and defending it?

The people that sing the songs aren't fans?

So you don't like people judging you for not singing but all you've done on this thread is judge others?

Casey's probably been to more games in Europe than you've seen at Ibrox.

If you want to start judging folks the you will get the same back.

If the governing body of any competition continually deliver warnings to stop certain singing, then i for one will be listening to them.

If its for the good of our club, then that will do me :sherlock:

Half the bloody songs being sung would be fine if one or two words were changed, why is this so difficult.

If "we stand our ground" as some suggest, then are you happy for us to kiss bye bye to any European football..............

You keep using the term sectarian, do you know what songs have been complained about? In what way are they sectarian?

I'd say it's ignoring all the warnings despite what it may do to the club we all claim to love.

IMO the taigs and their enablers have turned this into such a blatantly one sided affair, that I do not, in my wildest dreams, think it will stop at these songs.

Where would you like to see the line be drawn ?

If anyone has any doubt about their relentlessness, then look how easy they have swatted aside the refs and the SFA. They never even worked up a sweat.

You keep using the term sectarian, do you know what songs have been complained about? In what way are they sectarian?

Covered this before, and i'm 99% certain what song it was.

History? How far back do you want to go. How about 1872? A group of boys starting a football club for nothing more than the love of the game.

I wonder what they'd make of all this.

Nothing gives you the right to say someone should be supporting another club.

yes it does. History gives me the right to say it. Part of my history of supporting Rangers is singing these songs. Part of my Grandas history was also singing these songs and he had been watching Rangers in the 20s. I wont let anyone tell me that its wrong to sing these songs because in the last few years someone with a deep hatred of Rangers decided this would be the best form of attack. its got nothing to do with songs being offensive. its got everything to do with a hatred towards Rangers and nothing more. If you dont like something you stay away from it. its only common sense.

IMO the taigs and their enablers have turned this into such a blatantly one sided affair, that I do not, in my wildest dreams, think it will stop at these songs.

If anyone has any doubt about their relentlessness, then look how easy they have swatted aside the refs and the SFA. They never even worked up a sweat.

This is the crux of the argument.

Post more often.

So you don't like people judging you for not singing but all you've done on this thread is judge others?

Casey's probably missed more games in Europe than you've seen at Ibrox.

I think he means that if those people know that singing a certain song can get the club in the shit, yet continue to sing it - they are not the fan they proclaim to be.

If it is proven that some fans have sang the billy boys when the club have asked them not to, then I agree with him. However, I am not jumping onto this one just yet as I am starting to smell a rat. I do not condone sectarian singing and never will but I begin to wonder why it takes weeks to decide whether sogs were sang or not - especially when the delegate reported nothing.

Casey's probably been to more games in Europe than you've seen at Ibrox.

Define "sing songs" ? - Those who sing blue sea of Ibrox, or TBB?

Why shouldn't i judge those who admit to (or defend) singing songs which have implications on the club i love?

I've missed maybe 2 games at Ibrox in the last 8 years, and for very good reason, and i goto as many away games as i can, with the commitments in my life, i'd say i do all i can to support my team, it's a shame others choose to ruin the option of giving that "support"

yes it does. History gives me the right to say it. Part of my history of supporting Rangers is singing these songs. Part of my Grandas history was also singing these songs and he had been watching Rangers in the 20s. I wont let anyone tell me that its wrong to sing these songs because in the last few years someone with a deep hatred of Rangers decided this would be the best form of attack. its got nothing to do with songs being offensive. its got everything to do with a hatred towards Rangers and nothing more. If you dont like something you stay away from it. its only common sense.

Disliking it or not - the love of Rangers surely over-rides this. Apparently this is not the case for some people.......

Course they are - but the fact remains that this is hurting the club.

If you want to cut the nose off to spite the face then carry on. At least we will know who to blame.

I think he means that if those people know that singing a certain song can get the club in the shit, yet continue to sing it - they are not the fan they proclaim to be.

If it is proven that some fans have sang the billy boys when the club have asked them not to, then I agree with him. However, I am not jumping onto this one just yet as I am starting to smell a rat. I do not condone sectarian singing and never will but I begin to wonder why it takes weeks to decide whether sogs were sang or not - especially when the delegate reported nothing.

At least you are balanced (tu)

I know you don't agree with the songs but my point is this is a witchhunt against us.

Bow down and we shall be shafted as long as we play in Europe.

I am not even going to attempt and read my way through this thread because I know exactly how it will have panned out.

Are we getting fined and banned then? Or is it a load of shite?

I doubt we will ever stop singing our songs, why should we? They are our songs. I don't give a shit what other clubs sing and I hate using that as a defence. We should be defending our right to sing our songs, not saying OK we know they are bad but other people sing bad songs too.

History allowed me the right to compete in the three legged race at school, as did it my Dad, his Dad and so on. My son was denied this as someone deemed it a health risk - but I never seen my son strapping his leg to another lads and running in a school race at Primary, just because he should and could!

Things and opinions move on - it's called evolution. As much as you might be old skool, you need to try to keep up, and just because other clubs don't, does not make it right for our club not to.

So, what's happening then? I've been away from all news etc all day.

Are we getting banned from 3 away euro games or 3 euro games home and away?

Are the home fans getting banned if it is an away euro game for us?

If so, we can sneak into home end?

I certainly won't be missing any euro away jaunts for these Uefa cunts. Only time I get away fae ma mrs!

Define "sing songs" ? - Those who sing blue sea of Ibrox, or TBB?

Why shouldn't i judge those who admit to (or defend) singing songs which have implications on the club i love?

I've missed maybe 2 games at Ibrox in the last 8 years, and for very good reason, and i goto as many away games as i can, with the commitments in my life, i'd say i do all i can to support my team, it's a shame others choose to ruin the option of giving that "support"

Rangers may take away your right to support the club by not standing up for themseles.

These aren't songs that have appeared in the last five years ,they have been here a long long time.

You tell people they aren't fans because they won't surrender their traditions?

Rangers should be backing the support here.

I hope they do.

No you actually side swerved ignored it earlier, in conversation with me.

1 song? Thats what has caused this? :rolleyes:

Go back and read. I made it (quite clearly).

"Super Rangers" was the song.

(tu)

I am not even going to attempt and read my way through this thread because I know exactly how it will have panned out.

Are we getting fined and banned then? Or is it a load of shite?

I doubt we will ever stop singing our songs, why should we? They are our songs. I don't give a shit what other clubs sing and I hate using that as a defence. We should be defending our right to sing our songs, not saying OK we know they are bad but other people sing bad songs too.

Nothing so far mate and agree with what you said although I'm pissed off other people get away with it.