Maybe some people forget this...

I don't agree with singing stuff like Blue Sea Of Ibrox, Every Other Saturday, that we all dream of a team of Davie Weir songs (because they make me cringe and don't create an intimidating enviroment for opponenets) ...or even Build My Gallows as it's about a loyalist getting hung by the IRA.

You don't see me on here or at games moaning at people to stop singing them, do you?

A small element of our support are such shite bags and hypocrites, they are as bad as taigs.

blue sea of ibrox and the rest dont have the mhedia all over them every time there sang,and they dont hurt the club mate.

i can see both sides of the coin here,it's a mhedia witch hunt,if it wasn't the songs we sing it would be something else,that's for sure

our support will always be split on this subject i think,at a time we need everyone on board.

the lyrics of a song or two should be put to one side and we should be sticking together as a support,not arguing amongst ourselves.

we should be asking why are we being singled out time after time,

whether we agree with the songs or not is totally irrelevant imo.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Much as I agreed with some of your opening post, you cannae really be telling the guy we’re all free to do as we want, but he has no place to argue against it.

If we’re all free to do as we want then you have to make room for the fuds, too.

BP9 is a sure-fire fud, but it’s his right to cast fuddery.

Can't disagree with you mate.

He has his platform.

It's also my right, in turn, to call him out over his fuddery ;)

blue sea of ibrox and the rest dont have the mhedia all over them every time there sang,and they dont hurt the club mate.

i can see both sides of the coin here,it's a mhedia witch hunt,if it wasn't the songs we sing it would be something else,that's for sure

our support will always be split on this subject i think,at a time we need everyone on board.

the lyrics of a song or two should be put to one side and we should be sticking together as a support,not arguing amongst ourselves.

we should be asking why are we being singled out time after time,

whether we agree with the songs or not is totally irrelevant imo.

It is relevant. If we all stuck together (fans and club employees alike) then we wouldn't have this problem.

In fact, I use the term "problem" loosely.

We haven't been found guilty of fuck-all yet. If the UEFA official report is anything to go by - we have a clean bill of health.

My point is, some pricks (including our own support) show their true colours when we haven't been found guilty of anything. They call the rhags the rhags when it suits them over some bull shit story or interview, yet bow to their every word the minute they release a scaremonger story by Traynor about us getting banned for 3 games and a 100 grand fine.

These people aren't Rangers fans to me. They are selfish cunts akin to tarriers.

It is relevant. If we all stuck together (fans and club employees alike) then we wouldn't have this problem.

In fact, I use the term "problem" loosely.

We haven't been found guilty of fuck-all yet. If the UEFA official report is anything to go by - we have a clean bill of health.

My point is, some pricks (including our own support) show their true colours when we haven't been found guilty of anything. They call the rhags the rhags when it suits them over some bull shit story or interview, yet bow to their every word the minute they release a scaremonger story by Traynor about us getting banned for 3 games and a 100 grand fine.

These people aren't Rangers fans to me. They are selfish cunts akin to tarriers.

my point was about us,the fans and how we should be sticking together,whether it's about the songs or not.

thats why i said the songs are irrelevant,

Maybe some people forget this..

The Rangers started for the love of association football. There were no religious or political ties to the club, or any club for that matter, until Hibernian, and eventually Celtic, even then it was all friendly. Religious ties to Rangers didnt appear until the early third of the 20th century. That should be rememberered when it's battered around on forums how 'Protestanism' is part of the clubs "traditions". I disagree, it is part of the clubs history, yes, Celtic could conclude that Catholicism is part of their tradition considering how they started, but not us.

I fail to see why we need to sing about Celtic/Fenians/The Pope etc when we aren't playing them, I certainly don't, I'm not going to go as far saying people shouldnt sing about what they want, but from my point of view, watching and supporting Rangers is about the football, about Rangers being the best club in the league, which means wanting to beat every team in the league, not just 'getting it up Celtic'. Of course, there is nothing like beating Celtic, but there is also nothing like winning a League Cup with nine men, scoing a penalty in a moment of sheer jubilation to reach a European final, or an overhead kick against Hibernian to win a cup.

I have no qualms with anyone being religious, Protestant or loyalist as well as supporting Rangers. I love the fact that we fly Union flags, and since the early days of the the club, we have had links to royalty, but I myself am not religious, so as much as I dislike the Catholic Church, all it's wrong doings and utter shite it spouts, in my opinion, all religioins are the same, I have no interest. What concerns me is when religious ties start to takeover and become more important than what all of this is really about, the football, The Rangers. When you read fans saying "Fuck them, I'll sing what I want" - I dont want to argue over what's sectarian and what's not, but if we start getting fined, and eventually banned from having support at certain matches, you have to wonder when enough is enough, suddenly the secondary ties that some consider 'traditions' of the club, will start hindering us. Would it be fair on other fellow supporters that despite being told to stop singing songs, some peserveer and suddenly no one is allowed to go to a certain match, singer or not.

To be honest, they are songs, and on the most part, are banter between two clubs. How many of those singing it at Ibrox actually take it seriously is open to question, I for one have previously sang the songs, for fun, joining in, but at no point do I actually hate a catholic, for 90 minutes I dislike Celtic and their fans, but I am friends with Old Firm fans on either side of the fence at work, and whilst most will banter around, none of them take this 'sectarian' rubbish seriously. Rivalry is healthy, obsession is not.

As far as the IRA is concerned, any song against them is welcome, they are scum, and anyone who seriously aligns themselves with them is idiotic.

I support The Rangers for their love of the football game, the passion, respect and dignity shown by the club, its players and support, for the never say die attitude, and determined attitude toward winning. Others support Rangers for other reasons, let's not forget that.. Lets not start attacking each other, saying how a fellow bear is no better than a 'taig' because they support the club for a different reason, or in a different way. At the end of the day, we all love the Rangers, no matter the reason.. Maybe some people forget this[\b]..

The Rangers started for the love of association football. There were no religious or political ties to the club, or any club for that matter, until Hibernian, and eventually Celtic, even then it was all friendly. Religious ties to Rangers didnt appear until the early third of the 20th century. That should be rememberered when it's battered around on forums how 'Protestanism' is part of the clubs "traditions". I disagree, it is part of the clubs history, yes, Celtic could conclude that Catholicism is part of their tradition considering how they started, but not us.

I fail to see why we need to sing about Celtic/Fenians/The Pope etc when we aren't playing them, I certainly don't, I'm not going to go as far saying people shouldnt sing about what they want, but from my point of view, watching and supporting Rangers is about the football, about Rangers being the best club in the league, which means wanting to beat every team in the league, not just 'getting it up Celtic'. Of course, there is nothing like beating Celtic, but there is also nothing like winning a League Cup with nine men, scoing a penalty in a moment of sheer jubilation to reach a European final, or an overhead kick against Hibernian to win a cup.

I have no qualms with anyone being religious, Protestant or loyalist as well as supporting Rangers. I love the fact that we fly Union flags, and since the early days of the the club, we have had links to royalty, but I myself am not religious, so as much as I dislike the Catholic Church, all it's wrong doings and utter shite it spouts, in my opinion, all religioins are the same, I have no interest. What concerns me is when religious ties start to takeover and become more important than what all of this is really about, the football, The Rangers. When you read fans saying "Fuck them, I'll sing what I want" - I dont want to argue over what's sectarian and what's not, but if we start getting fined, and eventually banned from having support at certain matches, you have to wonder when enough is enough, suddenly the secondary ties that some consider 'traditions' of the club, will start hindering us. Would it be fair on other fellow supporters that despite being told to stop singing songs, some peserveer and suddenly no one is allowed to go to a certain match, singer or not.

To be honest, they are songs, and on the most part, are banter between two clubs. How many of those singing it at Ibrox actually take it seriously is open to question, I for one have previously sang the songs, for fun, joining in, but at no point do I actually hate a catholic, for 90 minutes I dislike Celtic and their fans, but I am friends with Old Firm fans on either side of the fence at work, and whilst most will banter around, none of them take this 'sectarian' rubbish seriously. Rivalry is healthy, obsession is not.

As far as the IRA is concerned, any song against them is welcome, they are scum, and anyone who seriously aligns themselves with them is idiotic.

I support The Rangers for their love of the football game, the passion, respect and dignity shown by the club, its players and support, for the never say die attitude, and determined attitude toward winning. Others support Rangers for other reasons, let's not forget that.. Lets not start attacking each other, saying how a fellow bear is no better than a 'taig' because they support the club for a different reason, or in a different way. At the end of the day, we all love the Rangers, no matter the reason.. Maybe some people forget this[\b]..

and that's all this thread is about (tu)

and again, without taking you out of context. I stand by everything I said saying there's a small section of our support akin to taigs when it comes to sticking the boot into our own support.

I have no problem others supporting the team how they see fit, but when someone tries to tell me I'm hurting the club when I'm doing nothing wrong - then they are no worse than the fenian bastards that jam the hotlines moaning about our songs.

See everything that's happened recently ...

The pizza delivery killing at the barracks.

ǝpɐbıɹq uǝǝɹb ǝɥʇ's sickening anti-Poppy protests etc.

The policeman murdered and the guy from Renton getting arrested and guns seized.

Stoke's Dad's pub getting raided with guns and ammo seized.

All this stuff has made national and international news and has received (rightly) universal condemnation.

These same songs that we are getting a bad press over recently is only ever and has only ever been about condemning this sort of sick, vile, section of society.

You can condemn them via newspapers, radio, TV, debate etc ... but the minute the Rangers fans sing an anti Republican/IRA/Provo song ... surprise surprise. We are the bad guys.

This is why even the braindead in our support that side with our enemies on this rather than their fellow Rangers fans needs to take their fucking heads out their arses and realise it's a totally different rule for us compared to the rest of society.

I could have put this in one of the other relevant threads, but decided not to incase it got buried after a few replies.

Some people need to waken up and grow a set.

well said (tu) have a rep

I agree mate. We both agree, in fact (tu)

also,when i said the songs are hurting the club,i didn't mean you or any other person singing them are hurting the club (tu)

it's a disgrace we're even discussing this to be honest.

it's a nanny state we live in.

edit: actually now that i read that again,that sounds stupid :lol:

the songs obviously do hurt the club,what i meant thought is

they shouldn't.

What have the IRA got to do with Rangers? Maybe if people would support the team, the staff and the club we wouldn't be getting hounded by UEFA.

The founding fathers didn't set up Rangers because they wanted to get the message over about Protestantism. They wanted to play football.

Religion has no place at a football ground...

We have muslim supporters, we have atheist supporters and I even bet there are bloody jedi supporters but you don't hear them shouting their mouths off regarding the pope and catholics. Most of the people singing these songs claim to be Protestant.. yet I am fairly sure that most of them don't go to church and nor do they follow a truly Protestant way off life. We have as many "plastic northern irish" as they have "plastic paddy's"

And this argument about how we should keep singing this crap because they are doing it... well thats a crock of crap as well. Two wrong's don't make a right.

How about this for radical thinking... Maybe if we cut out the crap... Maybe they would be the only ones left to be hounded by UEFA..

Pretty simple thinking.. Could it work... probably not. We have too many small minded people in our support who feel it is their god given right to sing anything they want.. even if it means that the club gets fined and made to play behind closed doors..

Heres my take on it.. Grow up.. Get with the program.. It's 2011 and times have changed. It doesn't matter what the colour of a persons skin is and it matters even less what religion they are. If you can't deal with the change.. Go and support someone else because you don't deserve to be allowed to support Rangers.

Rangers are the best club in the world and we have the best supporters in the world. It's time that we took back the terraces from the radical minority

Power to the people!!

What have the IRA got to do with Rangers? Maybe if people would support the team, the staff and the club we wouldn't be getting hounded by UEFA.

The founding fathers didn't set up Rangers because they wanted to get the message over about Protestantism. They wanted to play football.

We have muslim supporters, we have atheist supporters and I even bet there are bloody jedi supporters but you don't hear them shouting their mouths off regarding the pope and catholics. Most of the people singing these songs claim to be Protestant.. yet I am fairly sure that most of them don't go to church and nor do they follow a truly Protestant way off life. We have as many "plastic northern irish" as they have "plastic paddy's"

And this argument about how we should keep singing this crap because they are doing it... well thats a crock of crap as well. Two wrong's don't make a right.

How about this for radical thinking... Maybe if we cut out the crap... Maybe they would be the only ones left to be hounded by UEFA..

Pretty simple thinking.. Could it work... probably not. We have too many small minded people in our support who feel it is their god given right to sing anything they want.. even if it means that the club gets fined and made to play behind closed doors..

Heres my take on it.. Grow up.. Get with the program.. It's 2011 and times have changed. It doesn't matter what the colour of a persons skin is and it matters even less what religion they are. If you can't deal with the change.. Go and support someone else because you don't deserve to be allowed to support Rangers.

Rangers are the best club in the world and we have the best supporters in the world. It's time that we took back the terraces from the radical minority

Power to the people!!

:lol: What has IRA/provos got to do with religion?

Your defo a troll on the wind up. If your not then I'd have you on suicide watch tonight.

What have they got to do with Rangers is the question you should be asking..

Plenty. There are strong ties between the club and Ulster and all that has gone on there. If you want to shut yourself off from the world around you, feel free, but others won't.

As I've said before, our enemies fall into the trap of believing that supporting Celtic is a religion in itself.

I sing against Celtic and the cretinous groups their support back, I don't sing against Catholics.

Yip , got a slap from a bird i was trying to pull after finding out she was a fenian cow , givng me orange bastard this and H** that , as soon as i called her a fenian cow , she and her pal were trying to get me kicked out the pub etc .

I explained the above to the barman . he agreed kicked them out the pub and on i drank ( this was in Aberdeen as well)

Let's ban players from crossing themselves then

It makes us equal though,fair's fair.

Not going to happen and you know it.

Pretty simple thinking.. Could it work... probably not. We have too many small minded people in our support who feel it is their god given right to sing anything they want.. even if it means that the club gets fined and made to play behind closed doors.. .

Small minded people like yourself that bend over at the first sign of confrontation

Here's my take on it,if you don't like the songs being sung you go and support someone else.

What's the weather like up there on your pedestal?

Power to the people!!

Plenty. There are strong ties between the club and Ulster and all that has gone on there. If you want to shut yourself off from the world around you, feel free, but others won't.

What ties do Rangers have to Ulster?

The support is where the ties are.. not the club.

Power to the people!!

Well i might be going slightly off topic here but can you define (PLASTIC NORTHERN IRISH) for me or am i missing something here as the plastic paddies here quite likley have never been far less lived in the republic but northern ireland is british so can you please explain plastic Northern irish <cr>

So your quite happy that the club is being dragged down to their level? Thats a good thing is it?

Dragged down nothing.

It's the same songs that have always been there but an orchestrated attack on our club because folk want to act offended.

Once again,it's words to a song.

For what it's worth they can sing what they like as well,I'm not offended by any of their shite.