Rangers have opened contract talks with out of contract players.

PaulRFC1

Smith says Rangers have opened contract talks with every player who is out of contract this year and next year.

He says the preparation has been done but the action will be done when they find out which way the club is going.

Good to know we have opened contract talks with Bougherra and Davis, we must keep them.

just cause we have started talking to them doesnt mean much, for all we know they have been offered wage reductions :(

We always seem to be 'preparing' or 'making plans' but never actually fucking doing anything.

We always seem to be 'preparing' or 'making plans' but never actually fucking doing anything.

To be fair, we can hardly offer them a deal at the moment until it is decided whether Whyte is buying or not. No player would sign a deal knowing that a better deal might be on the table if/when we are bought over.

Thats what Walter said.

He said the preparation is done and we are waiting to see which direction the club is going in before they start the action part.

So basically its all been prepared and we have opened talks but we wont offer anything until we find out if Whyte is buying us.

Where is smith saying this?

Is it on the official site?

Or Are u basically posting the whole NOTW this morning?

If so i wouldn't trust what they write, I wouldn't even buy the phaper

Plz Post something to back up what u say

Learn what?

How to force players to sign contracts they don't want?

FFS!

You and/or anyone else cannot defend in any way, shape or form the way our club handles contract negotiations. We are fucking clueless at them and more often than not always end up losing money.

Its not about forcing them mate, its about handling any given situation better. We are probably the only club on the planet who would be willing and able to lose a league record top goal scorer for absolutely nothing.

Martin Bain has proved time and time again he is not upto this job.

(tu)

Where is smith saying this?

Is it on the official site?

Or Are u basically posting the whole NOTW this morning?

If so i wouldn't trust what they write, I wouldn't even buy the phaper

Plz Post something to back up what u say

I would but I cant get the quotes of the internet(I think)

Im just telling you Walter Smiths actual quotes.

It wasn't "inside sources" or some bullshit.

At this moment in time we can't tie players down on the same wage they are on. It will not be allowed unless they take pay cuts. If Whyte takes over we could probably offer them better and longer deals.

Can you post some quotes to this effect please?

The Miller case was different, he was over 30, one of our highest earners, in the middle of our worst financial period.

We should be doing this far earlier. Have we not learned anything from the Boyd and Miller situations? Tie players down or sell them.

We would do it earlier but we have no money :( we probably wouldn't be able to cope with boughy and davis' wage demands with no takeover, they both no they could easily go to the premier league

Offering Arthur Numan £5000 a week, then signing Paolo Vanoli on at least double that was particularly galling

Absolutely sickening. That is the way Bain has been handling our affairs. I cant imagine Diouf, Weiss, Jelavic and Beattie will be on the £14k we offered Miller! By all accounts Bain also promised Caniggia a new deal if we wont he title, we won the title and offered him nothing.

You know what I mean :lol: they'd be wanting 20k or more IMO and we can't give them that at this moment and time

We simply dont know what they want, neither have been playing like £20k a week players anyway this season. We just have to wait and see what the club can come up with mate.

On this seasons form i wouldnt mind both moving on for the right price, if they are allowed to run down their contracts again, after knocking back £5m for Bougherra last year, im sure fans wont be happy.

Win or lose the league, with or without a takeover McCoist will have "some" money. Im sure of it, otherwise why bring in Bomber and Neil. Our finances are getting better year on year.

(tu)