rangersmedia articles

gunslinger

RangersMedia Articles  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Are you happy with the RangersMedia homepage opinion and news articles?

• Yes
    • No
    • Neither - please specify within the thread

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Who are you calling a cunt ?

2. Show me where that article said that.

just seen you wrote that article and realised it wasnt that one. sorry for the confusion considering you wrote it.

someone wrote an article about FARE saying that they hope we get punished. ill try locate it.

Guest therabbitt

that would be fair enough if noone agreed with me.

I added a wee poll to see what everyone thinks bud. I could only see a couple of people in here agreeing with you that they weren't happy with what we do.

There is a chance of course that a vote may be skewed by our lurking enemies, but it's worth a go.

Neither.

I am more or less happy with it, but more restraint should be shown with timing - specifically 'Commons has signed' comes to mind, and anything to do with the takeover or speculation should be labeled so.

Guest therabbitt

Neither.

I am more or less happy with it, but more restraint should be shown with timing - specifically 'Commons has signed' comes to mind, and anything to do with the takeover or speculation should be labeled so.

I did kind of stick my neck on the line on that one and you're right, it turned out to be wrong. I'll freely admit that, no qualms.

Not that it matters, but when I released that story, the papers (who already had headlines penned) and also the club believed it was all but done. I can't prove that either way, so I'll happily take the flack for getting it wrong. I'm only guilty of publishing/sharing something I heard from several independent sources that I wholeheartedly trust.

Other than that though, I can't think of many other occasions when I wished Id done anything differently.

but what about fantasy and conjecture?

I think such articles should appear more as blogs or an 'editorial view'. I know what you mean.

We get enough ill found articles in the tabloids.

Articles from here will appear in newsnow and sensationalist stories are infuriating.

I did kind of stick my neck on the line on that one and you're right, it turned out to be wrong. I'll freely admit that, no qualms.

Not that it matters, but when I released that story, the papers (who already had headlines penned) and also the club believed it was all but done. I can't prove that either way, so I'll happily take the flack for getting it wrong. I'm only guilty of publishing/sharing something I heard from several independent sources that I wholeheartedly trust.

Other than that though, I can't think of many other occasions when I wished Id done anything differently.

'Commons on the verge of signing' would have been the correct headline then...?

I've got some advice for the guys who dont like the articles or headlines on this site that guys spend hours of there spare time writing.

Fuck off and post somewhere else ya non entities, what's keeping you here ?

Have a nice Easter.....

agree with this (tu)

why anyone would complain about an article that they can choose not to read is beyond me :lol:

Since this thread has attracted the more coherent on the board...

Censorship is wrong, said an earlier poster and it's hard to argue with that. But I think there is going to have to be a point, and very soon the way legal things are going, where RM has to remove posts which go against the somewhat pointless 'rules' sticky. It looks like it will be that or prosecution under whatever law is introduced or exists atm.

And since the bad mannered and ignorant posts on here reflect dreadfully on Rangers and RM, I'd be happy to see that. This board is a chance - an amazing chance - to provide an alternative from the drivel media we have to endure, but we can't expect it to be taken seriously unless there are rules of good manners which are enforced. Censorship or not, I think it has to happen. Otherwise any good work is drowned under a sea of what is charmingly described as 'inbred knuggledragging'.

Everything you wrote there goes against the whole concept of Rangers media.

agree with this (tu)

why anyone would complain about an article that they can choose not to read is beyond me :lol:

So you've never complained about any articles, in your life, ever?

1. Who are you calling a cunt ?

2. Show me where that article said that.

Don't think he was talking about you m8, I remember that article and I'm pretty sure there was someone in it spouting a lot of pish. He got it both barrels from all angles and hasn't been seen since.

dont think ive ever complained,

quite possibly ive argued against a fair whack, but would never say that they should be halted

especially on a messageboard like this (tu)

I don't believe that.

Guest Andypendek

Everything you wrote there goes against the whole concept of Rangers media.

<shrug>

Fair enough. Wait for the law or the tims to make the rules you have to live by, instead of implementing ones you are comfortable with yourself.

<shrug>

Fair enough. Wait for the law or the tims to make the rules you have to live by, instead of implementing ones you are comfortable with yourself.

As far as I'm aware, this site comes through Canada, so the police cant really do anything about it. Even if they could, they don't have the resources to deal with it. I'm happy with this site the way it is.

unless the article is claiming it as fact, then it is just someones opinion, therefore whats to complain about

as ive said i have argued like fuck about many MANY articles, posts, blogs etc, but thats whats happens when people post as their opinion

'Commons has signed' was posted as fact - not Rab's fault it was incorrect, we've all made mistakes and I'm not blaming him but the point was, it was not factual.

I also wouldn't split hairs over 'complaining' about articles and 'argued like fuck' about them, but that's your call.