NAT type

Watson94

My NAT type is strict just now and I can join any games on GTA, anyone know how to change my NAT type to open ?

What Router do you have?

dont bother putting your xbox/ps3 into the DMZ or port forward it as it rarely works, and definately doesn't work if you have another console on the network.

Best thing to do is go onto your console and get your IP Address, Subnet Mask(255.255.255.0) and Default gateway. Once you have them. Setup your connection manually and enter those details into the boxes. And then when it asks you for DNS Servers, use these ones.

156.154.70.1 - Primary

156.154.71.1 - Secondary

login to your router through browser using your default gateway password. Try and find your MTU settings and change them from 1500(Default) to 1365, try and find the tick box with uPnP enabled and untick it and then open up the port 3074 by going to port forwarding. Call it Xbox and then start port 3074 and then end port is 3074 it will also ask for something like UDP or TCP, there should be an option for both, use that. Then it will ask for an IP address, this will be the IP address of your xbox which you have written down already.

set this up and then do a test on your network.

Let me know how you get on, if you can find out the manufacturer I will be able to help more if the above doesn't work.

dont bother putting your xbox/ps3 into the DMZ or port forward it as it rarely works, and definately doesn't work if you have another console on the network.

Best thing to do is go onto your console and get your IP Address, Subnet Mask(255.255.255.0) and Default gateway. Once you have them. Setup your connection manually and enter those details into the boxes. And then when it asks you for DNS Servers, use these ones.

156.154.70.1 - Primary

156.154.71.1 - Secondary

login to your router through browser using your default gateway password. Try and find your MTU settings and change them from 1500(Default) to 1365, try and find the tick box with uPnP enabled and untick it and then open up the port 3074 by going to port forwarding. Call it Xbox and then start port 3074 and then end port is 3074 it will also ask for something like UDP or TCP, there should be an option for both, use that. Then it will ask for an IP address, this will be the IP address of your xbox which you have written down already.

set this up and then do a test on your network.

Let me know how you get on, if you can find out the manufacturer I will be able to help more if the above doesn't work.

Thanks a lot matey (tu) !!