The beat of a different drum ?

spangles

Reports of Healy, Beattie and others continuing their Ibrox tenure makes me ask, what if any are the target areas for new signings,where will the "warchest" front loaded or otherwise be spent.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol:

Please can we make Spangles head of PR at Ibrox, let the world see there are no pots and no piss

Well there is £1 that we know of officially, allegedly, someone giving it a wave from a fallen tower...roll on 06/06/2011/2012/2013/2014 etc. etc. etc. ;)

I digress, will we have new signings is more to the point. :sherlock:

By Andrew Dickson

CRAIG WHYTE says he and Ally McCoist are on the same wavelength as they plot a new future for Rangers next season.

The club's owner and forthcoming manager have spoken on a number of occasions since the takeover of the Light Blues was completed on May 6.

Craig WhyteAfter seeing Sasa Papac sign a new deal, McCoist is keen to retain the likes of David Weir, David Healy and Andrew Little, all of whom are reaching the end of their contracts too.

He also wants to bring in new faces to add much-needed depth to the pool he is inheriting - and Whyte has reiterated his desire to grant him his wish.

The 39-year-old said: "Ally has said himself he has a hard act to follow but we have spoken and he is confident he can achieve great things next season.

"We've talked a few times now and we are making plans for next season. He has some targets in mind and as I've said before, I support him in what he wants to do.

"Next season is hopefully going to be great and we are looking to keep as much of the team together as we possibly can.

"We're going to be getting a few new signings in as well so I think it's going to be very exciting."

When he looks back at his first week in power at Ibrox, Whyte will surely always reflect on it with a wry smile.

Just nine days after he bought Sir David Murray's majority shareholding in the club, he saw the team romp to a stunning championship win with a 5-1 final-day win at Following 4-0 and 2-0 victories against Hearts and Dundee United, the occasion was one Whyte certainly savoured.

He added: "The whole day was absolutely amazing. To score three goals in the first six minutes was brilliant and we basically won the league in that period.

"I was very nervous going into the match and I was worried about it going down to the final few minutes.

"Fortunately the team was very good and to get the game finished as quickly as they did was great. It was a fantastic afternoon.

"What Walter Smith has achieved has been phenomenal and winning the league and getting three in a row gave him a great send off. He will be remembered as a legend."

seems he wants to tie them down to contracts to keep some sort of numbers in the squad whilst adding more new faces. Maybe Ally and that are part of the conspiracy to kid on he has money, but we tried to sign players but just missed out eh spangles?

I was under the impression that all dues had been settled and we had ample transfer funds, I now read on other sites like gersnet, that no one has a clue what the money situation is, because we haven't been told anything. Still hoping for a couple of big signings though.

He proved to the takeover committee he had the funds to pay the debt, that is a fact. So he's proved to have more than £1.

What nobody has professed to see proof of is the further £25m for players. But if you honestly think he would promise this knowing he had not a penny of it then all I can say is I'd hate to be that depressive and paranoid.

Spangles you've claimed on many occasions to have some inside info on this matter which for legal reasons you don't wish to divulge - I'm fine with that but until you feel you can divulge then please stop making threads like this and just STFU.

I was under the impression that all dues had been settled and we had ample transfer funds, I now read on other sites like gersnet, that no one has a clue what the money situation is, because we haven't been told anything. Still hoping for a couple of big signings though.

I wouldn't worry about it. I can't remember any club ever coming out at the start of a season saying "We've got X to spend" and I certainly can't think of any club publicly evidencing their transfer wherewithal. I'm not entirely sure what people are expecting. I'd much rather we played our cards close to our chests and went about our transfer business quietly and effectively.

I also think it makes perfect sense to try and tie down existing players before dipping our toe in the transfer market. We need to know roughly how big our squad is going to be so that Ally can prioritise his signings.

He proved to the takeover committee he had the funds to pay the debt, that is a fact. So he's proved to have more than £1.

What nobody has professed to see proof of is the further £25m for players. But if you honestly think he would promise this knowing he had not a penny of it then all I can say is I'd hate to be that depressive and paranoid.

Spangles you've claimed on many occasions to have some inside info on this matter which for legal reasons you don't wish to divulge - I'm fine with that but until you feel you can divulge then please stop making threads like this and just STFU.

Rep'd :sherlock:

Reports of Healy, Beattie and others continuing their Ibrox tenure makes me ask, what if any are the target areas for new signings,where will the "warchest" front loaded or otherwise be spent.

CW is spending his "warchest" on a brand new pot

CW is spending his "warchest" on a brand new pot

Talk the talk, now walk the walk.............''' The 40-year-old businessman has already brokered a £28m deal with Murray International Holdings and Lloyds Banking Group - plus made a commitment of £25m investment in the playing squad over five years, much of that front-loaded so manager-in-waiting Ally McCoist can immediately invest in new players for next season.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1378709/Craig-Whyte-says-Rangers-board-gambling-clubs-future.html#ixzz1MiPhiyaY

Talk the talk, now walk the walk.............''' The 40-year-old businessman has already brokered a £28m deal with Murray International Holdings and Lloyds Banking Group - plus made a commitment of £25m investment in the playing squad over five years, much of that front-loaded so manager-in-waiting Ally McCoist can immediately invest in new players for next season.

Read more: http://www.dailymail...l#ixzz1MiPhiyaY

The transfer window isnt open ffs. The manager is away on a charity outing and tbh he deserves a wee break before getting tore in. Most leauges aint even finished yet either.

Read more: http://www.dailymail...l#ixzz1MiPhiyaY

Here's Ally's 1st signings.

Spangles should be contented now.

potmen.jpg

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1378709/Craig-Whyte-says-Rangers-board-gambling-clubs-future.html#ixzz1MiPhiyaY

Our season has finished 3 days, the transfer window aint open yet, Give the guy a break FFS our manager aint even in this country did you know that? :rolleyes:

CW disnae have a pot.............................................:craphead:

Well he does actually. Spangles has confirmed he has a pot with a pound in it. Anything else bigger than that he doesnt. :happy: