***The Suggestions Thread***

GHarvey

Faye would be a terrific addition in my opinion. He was a colossus at the heart of Stoke's defence the season before last.

Big, strong, quick and a leader. Great suggestion (tu)

that is fair game, kenny millers the biggest scum bag in the world

Yes, that's right. He's a bigger scumbag than Gaddafi, worse than every paedophile priest, far worse than rapists and murderers. I'm surprised he's been spared jail thus far.

If i was earning £17,000 a week and was offered £50,000 a week in a foreign country that my wife and kids didn't want to move to, i wouldn't even contemplate going

Footballers are normal blokes, 99% of whom will lively totally normal lives once they retire. Why do they need to be multi-millionaires as opposed to simply millionaires?

Did his wife and kids not want to move? Regardless, £33k pw is £1.716m per year. If you'd turn that down for playing for a team you've never supported I'd say you're a fool.

I was offered a £2K annual increase on my current salary 2 months ago.

It would mean missing the football, or most of it, and not being able to play bowls for the County in summer.

I'm still where I was 2 months ago - more tae life than money I'm afraid.........................as Mhiller has found out (and his mate Boyd as well).

Because yer rich disnae give ye the right tae become richer - some folks just don't appreciate how lucky they actually are - especially modern day footballers.

£2k annual increase hardly compares to £33k per week increase, mate. If your current employer had offered you a wage cut of £5k per week, would you still be with them?

Did his wife and kids not want to move? Regardless, £33k pw is £1.716m per year. If you'd turn that down for playing for a team you've never supported I'd say you're a fool.

It's not as if he needed the extra money to live on. It'll sit in a bank account until the day he dies.

Multi millionnaire when he was in England before he went to Celtic.

To take home £1m per year, he needs to earn over £39,000 per week. That's just to take home £1m, he'll have an expensive lifestyle to take off that.

What do you base this on?

So the question is does he really need more than £16k a week? I'm sure he can be senisble enough and won't piss away all his money.

No, but if someone is daft enough to offer him it, he would be pretty silly not to think about it, i would guess most folk would take it.

(tu)

To take home £1m per year, he needs to earn over £39,000 per week. That's just to take home £1m, he'll have an expensive lifestyle to take off that.

Couples earning a combined £30,000 a year cope with a mortgage and bringing up kids

I think a guy 'only' earning £500,000 after tax shouldn't find it too difficult

"FC Groningen could agree a transfer fee of €3.5 million. Experts from Sweden expect Granqvist with Kim Kallstrom (Olympique Lyon), whose transfer is to be close to completion, could be presented together. The 26-year-old has played in 39 competitive matches for FC Groningen this season, where he scored twelve goals, and an assist. He converted six penalties and is a ball and head-tackling defender, but has deficiencies in his speed."

We had been linked with this player but it doesn't look we'll get him now. €3.5 million doesn't seem that much to ask for a big CB who is so comfortable on the ball. The amount of goals he gets for a CB is unreal.

His first 8 years as a professional footballer.

2 years at Hibs on low wages.

1 year at Rangers on average wages.

5 years at Wolves on good money, most probably very good money in the Premiership with them.

£20k a week gets you £1m per year, not £39k.

Then his bonus's, endorsements, sponsorship deals, personal financial/business deals/decisions, im pretty confident by the time he went to Seltic he would have been loaded, easily a millionnaire. By the time he left Seltic and went to Derby im guessing he would have been set up for life. Possibly earning £1m a year for the last 5 years too?

His first 8 years as a professional footballer.

2 years at Hibs on low wages.

1 year at Rangers on average wages.

5 years at Wolves on good money, most probably very good money in the Premiership with them.

£20k a week gets you £1m per year, not £39k.

Then his bonus's, endorsements, sponsorship deals, personal financial/business deals/decisions, im pretty confident by the time he went to Seltic he would have been loaded, easily a millionnaire. By the time he left Seltic and went to Derby im guessing he would have been set up for life. Possibly earning £1m a year for the last 5 years too?

Does he not pay tax? :unsure: