Worst Rangers signing in the last ten years!

coyley91

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats harsh, nothing was what it seemed when he joined and had to manage with chicken feed instead of the £40m warchest from the JJB sale that "mysteriously" never went into rebuilding the team. Top European coaches will think twice bout joining us after the treatment he got in just 6 months

Well he got offered more money & didn't use it. He blew it no one else.

What a lot of shite.

Tore Andre Flo did not represent value for money but he is by no means the worst signing we have ever made. He had a 2:1 game : goal ratio over the two seasons we had him.

We have signed A LOT worse than him no doubt.

Maniero, Capucho, Ostenstad are 3 who immediatly jump out but I could name many many more.

£12 million on a glorified Billy Dodds/Kris Boyd/Andrius Velicka who only scored goals against diddy teams

The worst signings are the ones who cost a shitload and didn't improve us. Flo, Ball, Kanchelskis, Konterman were much worse signings than freebie punts on the likes of Maniero, Emerson, and Ostenstad

If the question was 'who is the worst player to play for Rangers in the last 10 years?' i obviously wouldn't say Flo. But for me he is the worst signing. It's fucking criminal that we spent £12 million on Flo, then 6 months later signed a better player for 1/4 of the fee (Arveladze)

People have a tendency to name players we signed on free transfers and paid a pittance to

Our worst signing of the last 11 years is Tore Andre Flo by a country mile

Narrowing it to 10 years, Michael Ball

explain yourself

explain yourself

I did, about 5 inches above your post

Worst signing does not mean Worst player

Worst players were the likes of Emerson, Mladenovic, Bernard, Ostenstad

Worst signings were the likes of Flo, Ball, Konterman, and Kanchelskis

You sign a player on a free transfer and he flops, so what? You sign a player for £6 million plus and he flops, oh dear.

£12 million on a glorified Billy Dodds/Kris Boyd/Andrius Velicka who only scored goals against diddy teams

The worst signings are the ones who cost a shitload and didn't improve us. Flo, Ball, Kanchelskis, Konterman were much worse signings than freebie punts on the likes of Maniero, Emerson, and Ostenstad

If the question was 'who is the worst player to play for Rangers in the last 10 years?' i obviously wouldn't say Flo. But for me he is the worst signing. It's fucking criminal that we spent £12 million on Flo, then 6 months later signed a better player for 1/4 of the fee (Arveladze)

ok you did explain yourself.

his first goal was against celtic diddy team

months earlier he scored home and away against Barca in cl quarter final

he was sold for 8 mill its not his fault Rangers paid that amount of money but we got something back.

hardly a waste.

Surprised nobody has mentioned this one..........

.....from 1998 to 2001 (so he was at Ibrox in the last decade) costing £2.2M and NEVER playing a game........... Daniel Prodan!!

I would hazard to guess his ages would not have been chicken feed either!!

My list of dodgy signings are below.

1. Nuno Capucho

2. Marcus Gayle

3. Egil Ostenstad

4. Tore Andre Flo

5. James Beattie

6. Lionel Letizi

7. Sebo

8. Emerson

9. Thomas Buffel

10. Jesper Christiansen

Capucho was a major dissapointment, considering how good he was at Porto I was so looking forward to seeing him play for us, talk about a fucking let down!.

Agree with most of that list, as I do with most of the posts but its unfair to have a go at Thomas Buffel. Thought he was an excellent signing.

He was brought in by Big 'Eck as a playmaker and his best role was playing off the strikers. His goals helped us win the league in 2004/05 and while not being a physical player he brought some much needed guile to our attack.

Wish he had been played more by Walter but his contract stated if he went beyond a certain number of appearances then Feyenoord wanted about 1/2 million more.

Pity, liked him alot.

PLG aside Walter has made many duff signings but the extravagance of Advocaat was what brought us into such debt problems in the first place. 'Eck had to pick up the pieces.

As i'm extremely bored

Worst signing XI:

Christiansen

Adamczuk Webster Prodan Ball

Konterman Mladenovic Nerlinger

Flo Sebo Beattie

Worst player XI:

Letizi

Adamczuk Svensson Malcolm Bernard

Capucho Faye Emerson Gayle

Sebo Ostenstad

Thats harsh, nothing was what it seemed when he joined and had to manage with chicken feed instead of the £40m warchest from the JJB sale that "mysteriously" never went into rebuilding the team. Top European coaches will think twice bout joining us after the treatment he got in just 6 months

Whilst I agree with you to an extent, he had an air of arrogance and laziness about him. He bought three players from the same club two of whom were awful. He didn't take his time to understand the Scottish league and its players, he had an attitude of 'I have done it in France this will be a walk in the park' he completely under estimated the quality in Scotland.

Granted when he joined I thought we had secured one of the worlds top managers, but to be honest I don't think he is, he is pish! What has he done in his career since Rangers and even before? most of that Lyon team were already in the youth set up when he arrived. So I am sorry I don't think it is harsh, because as a Rangers fan he did nothing for me and spent an awful lot on a load of crap.

We have signed some trumpets down the years.

Bert Konterman

Marcus Gayle

Michael Ball

Kevin Muscat

Nuno Capucho

Paolo Vanoli

Emerson

Egil Ostenstad

Dragan Mladenovic

Ian Murray

Francis Jeffers

Olivier Bernard

Filipo Maniero

Libor Sionko

Karl Svensson

Lionel Letizi

Filip Sebo

Andy Webster

Alan Gow

Amdy Faye

Andrius Velicka

Jerome Rothen

James Beattie

To name a few.

Fuck me, that's some list of shite!!!

I thought Murray was ok as a squad player, who could fill a few positions during injuries