The defence for next season.

Anyone think it will change a bit? Its the key element to winning the league in the SPL imo and a foundation to build on when going on to win games. I think its important we don't change too much in that area and actually try to improve on it from last season which was good but not great.

It has to improve, that's a certainty.

Replace Weir, bring in another 2 centre-backs too - especially if Bougherra is leaving - and bring in someone to push Whittaker/Papac for their place.

Collectively, the team has to be defensively sound for next season.

Ally's first season will either be disastrous or fantastic. That's the way I see it.

a bit? if weir bougherra goes, its gona change more than a bit! we need 3 cb's at club, minimum! cause i dont like the idea of mcculloch or whittaker filling in for a long period to cover injuries

a bit? if weir bougherra goes, its gona change more than a bit! we need 3 cb's at club, minimum! cause i dont like the idea of mcculloch or whittaker filling in for a long period to cover injuries

Agreed (tu)

We should buy the beat young Scottish defender out there. That, apparently, means he is good enough for Rangers and we should want him at Rangers :)

I see what you are trying to do here ;)

However we had the best young Scottish defender out there and he looked like he was going to command a place in our team for years to come.

However we had the best young Scottish defender out there and he looked like he was going to command a place in our team for years to come.

What ever happened to Alan Lowing?? :craphead:

:P

Now he will rot away on a bench down south (td)

Both Bougherra and especially Weir have to go.

I don't get posts like this

Why does Weir "have to go"? We kept something like 12 clean sheets in our last 16 SPL games, and he was playing out of his skin in the final 2 months of the season

I don't get posts like this

Why does Weir "have to go"? We kept something like 12 clean sheets in our last 16 SPL games, and he was playing out of his skin in the final 2 months of the season

I'd imagine the clean sheets would mostly have something to do with McGregor being between the sticks.

Weir was average at best until January and then from January to March was absolutely terrible and everyone wanted him out, now because he's been solid for the last 2 months everyone forgets how bad he actually was and decide's it would be good to keep him on, we should be looking for younger players who have got the legs to do it for a whole season and not just the last 2 months.