Europa League Qualifying draw could be a further bash to Scotland's co-efficient

After the Europa League qualifying round 1&2 draw was made today it saw Dundee United paired with quite possibly the toughest draw they could have been given. Considering they were seeded in the first place, to be drawn against a team who finished 2nd in the Polish league and above a team who beat Man City in the Europa League last season you can't help but feel a bit sorry for Tannadice men. I will be pleasantly suprised if United make it through as it will most importantly boost Scotland's co-efficient, but it will be a tough ask.

I was kinda optimistic about Dundee's chances in this...

And then i remembered they have lost half of their team to the bosman rule. :(

Think Johnny Russel is the only bright spark they'll have left for this game.

Same mate, everyone's gone. They've brought in Willo Flood but he's had some bad injury's at Middlesborough so probably won't be the same player he was when he left them in the first place.

At least Thomas Rogne isn't the most gollum-looking bastard in the SPL now.

I would have been surprised if they got through no matter which team they got in the draw, apart from Aberdeen 2-2 against Bayern Munich I don't think I've seen a decent result from any non old firm Scottish team in Europe

Time period?

Cause i'd say Dundee Utd beating Barcelona four times, Hibs smashing Napoli 5-0 and Aberdeen beating Hamburg and Real Madrid were pretty decent results.

In my lifetime that I have personally seen, I did write that in my first post but I went to change something and must have deleted it out doh

I would have been surprised if they got through no matter which team they got in the draw, apart from Aberdeen 2-2 against Bayern Munich I don't think I've seen a decent result from any non old firm Scottish team in Europe

Motherwell beat some Scandinavian pish last season in round 2 and 3, only to get knocked out by some other Scandinavians'. So if United had got a similar draw then i could have seen them getting past teams of that quality. But your right, good results in the last 5/6 years for non-old firm teams have been few and far between.

I'm past caring

Every yr I hope someone does well but our clubs have got so bad there's more chance of being pumped out in the first round every time

Your right, due to so many poor results from teams like Dunfermline getting knocked out by Hacken was it? When a draw is made no matter who it's against, good or bad you do feel it's more likely to see a shock than a comfortable win.