Apartheid Schools Brought Up On Live: Sectarian Legislation Debate

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My link

Tory MSP John Lamont has allegedly said allowing catholic schools is the state sponsoring of lifelong sectarian attitudes.

I am watching it now.

He is right (tu)

This is as stupid as what they did in the USA with separate schools for whites.

David McLetchie MSP making strong representations against the support of the IRA in today's Parliament debate.

Scottish Conservatives also to offer amendment to new Bill to clarify support for the IRA is illegal as well as requesting delay in Bill progress.

David McLetchie MSP making strong representations against the support of the IRA in today's Parliament debate.

Scottish Conservatives also to offer amendment to new Bill to clarify support for the IRA is illegal as well as requesting delay in Bill progress.

Good show.

Lets their be no where for those cowardly IRA loving bastards to hide.

And watch the PR teams go in to overdrive calling those who raised this important issue bigots.

Where is the proof they ask?

Where is the proof they don't.

And why in 2011 in an all inclusive Scotland do we still have a seperate education system for one faith and one faith only?

WTF. I'm a left winger but the conservatives seems to be the only people wanting to deal with the root problems - what is Cunningham talking about?

Obviously trying to actually deal with it is too "reckless". I didn't hear her respond to McLetchie (I might have missed that bit) - shame.

They will deflect and ignore ALL Calls to debate Faith Schools.

Salmond and McConnell before him bow to Rome first and Scotland second.

From a financial point of view and in light of todays drastic cost cutting there can be no justification on keeping a two tier education system. That in my view is the angle of attack and not on religious grounds.

Ask the Executive to justify the huge financial costs in building and maintaining new RC schools and desiging shared campuses that pander to the RC's.

The cost of seperate teachers for one school system only and why their Church doesn't contribute towards the Education of their own little bigots.