Bad Luck England

A freakish late equaliser scored by Canada goalkeeper Quillan Roberts from inside his own half denied England Under-17s the win that would have sealed their progress to the knockout stages of the World Cup in Mexico.

A freakish late equaliser scored by Canada goalkeeper Quillan Roberts from inside his own half denied England Under-17s the win that would have sealed their progress to the knockout stages of the World Cup in Mexico.

No country divides me in sporting endeavour more than England. I have this instinct to support all UK teams and usually do, but then the commentary begins and as England (invariably) stumble, I can't help but laugh at the indignation and simple disbelief of the commentators.

For example - if the goal described above had been scored by England? We all know it would have been a wonder goal by the new Shilton who could also (easily) be the new Beckham.

Tragic, really.

No country divides me in sporting endeavour more than England. I have this instinct to support all UK teams and usually do, but then the commentary begins and as England (invariably) stumble, I can't help but laugh at the indignation and simple disbelief of the commentators.

For example - if the goal described above had been scored by England? We all know it would have been a wonder goal by the new Shilton who could also (easily) be the new Beckham.

Tragic, really.

Rep for talking sense. (tu)