Latest News

gunslinger

Darrell King

24 Jun 2011

ALLY McCOIST arrived back in Scotland and got down to business today – with the capture of Carlos Cuellar his main priority.

The Rangers manager returned from holiday ahead of pre-season training with his players, who report back to Murray Park on Monday.

McCoist immediately headed into a meeting with Rangers’ new director of football Gordon Smith, and owner Craig Whyte, for an update on where Rangers are in terms of their signing targets.

And the mission to bring back Cuellar from Aston Villa – which has always been his main aim in the early days of the summer market – will now be stepped up with the news the Spanish defender is well ahead of schedule as he recovers from keyhole knee surgery.

Villa have rejected Gers’ initial offer of just under £2m for former star Cuellar, who is into the final year of his deal, but McCoist has been very encouraged by Cuellar’s desire to come back to Scotland and hopes a deal can be struck at around £2.5m in the next few days.

Cuellar revealed: “It has been a month since the surgery and my recovery is going very well. I am gaining strength and will be training again in a couple of weeks.”

Whyte said of the pursuit of the Spaniard: “We’ve got an offer in for Carlos and we’ll see what happens. I think there’s a deal to be done with Villa.”

McCoist also wants to bring back Kyle Bartley from Arsenal to strengthen the central defensive area, but has found it difficult to get an answer from Arsene Wenger.

He will continue to pursue that avenue next week, but there is no interest in Ghana defender John Mensah, or Israeli stopper Rami Gershon.

Rangers were also locked in talks with free agent Neil Danns today, and remain hopeful they can strike a deal with the midfielder who has just left Crystal Palace.

But they may have to move quickly if they want to sign David Goodwillie from Dundee United after Cardiff City made a move for the striker last night.

Rangers have had a £1.25m bid rejected for the triple Young Player of the Year, and Cardiff are believed to be willing to match United’s £2m valuation.

There have been no new moves made to Hearts for Lee Wallace.

It would be great if we could capture all the names listed here: Cuellar (CB), Wallace (LB), Bartley (CB) and Goodwillie (ST). These are all areas we could do with strengthening, and if all of our players sign new contracts then I reckon we are a CM (Danns?) and LW (Weiss?) away from a really strong team.

Ideally we would add a RB, RM and if Boogie goes a further CB for cover. Also, I'd love to see us sell Edu and replace with a new DM, but we're getting into dreamland territory here.

Can just imagine Ally hearing about cardiff being in for goodwillie

"Aye right ye are craig. I want him and i want him now.No sheepshaggers gonni take ma david. Get it done. Im going for a nap" :lol:

Can just imagine Ally hearing about cardiff being in for goodwillie

"Aye right ye are craig. I want him and i want him now.No sheepshaggers gonni take ma david. Get it done. Im going for a nap" :lol:

and when I wake up there better be some good news.

and when I wake up there better be some good news.

Ally awakes laterter tha after noon fully refreshed

Ally : "So craig is there good news :D "

Craig : "well i upped our bid to 1.4 million..."

Ally interrupts "Aw FFS dont even go any further. (Rummages around in pockets for several minutes and pulls out a crumpled piece of paper) I would like this guy as our striker. Make it happen craig because your going through these at a fukin rate of knots :( Im going for another nap. Here before you go has that Ali cunt got us a sponsorship deal with Adidas worth 5 million a year yet ?"

Craig : "Emmm no not yet alistair but hes working on it. I will get this guy for you Alistair but i just have to do a quick interview with sky , the sun , bbc and al jazeera. Sleep tight"

Wankers in my work are saying that philgobbleye is claiming courts today have granted LLoyds with 50% of our season ticket money over 4 years as security???? Tell me this is not fuckin true

for security of what??? and 50% over 4 yrs is 40million more than double what we used to owe them.

sounds like bullshit too me.

Wankers in my work are saying that philgobbleye is claiming courts today have granted LLoyds with 50% of our season ticket money over 4 years as security???? Tell me this is not fuckin true

It probably is true; he probably is claiming that.

On planet Earth however, this negligent donkey-fondler has been exposed as a shill. The smart money is on him being no more than a speculative, snake-oil salesman that the tottie-howkers continue to enrich, despite each 'exclusive' being nothing more than a turd dipped in an old women's diahorrea.

He is to journalism what 'para' is to 'Olympic'.