Transfer Window

caseyjones

Can we please have an end to all of this 'there's still 2 months left, stop panicking' pish?

Like everything else in European football it is in place for the larger nations whose top teams don't need to play qualifiers and start their leagues 4 or 5 weeks later than ours. We have a pre-season starting today due to when our season commences and, so far, our dealings in the transfer market have been naive at best. We have a skeleton squad, and while I most certainly don't want us paying over the odds for pish, some basic homework should have been done before making any public comments on targets.

Get it done, Rangers, and pronto.

Casey if there was 2 days and not 2 months left i would be panicking

I'm not in a panic. Just pissed off at the amateurish way in which we are going about our business. We have 9 competitive matches before the window shuts, including CL qualifiers, so comparing us to the English, Spanish or Italians is senseless as they will have 3 at most.

As I said in the op, September 1st is a virtual irrelevance to ourselves. Our season started today and to maximise our chances of it being a successful one, the bulk of our squad should have been in place.

Can we please have an end to all of this 'there's still 2 months left, stop panicking' pish?

Like everything else in European football it is in place for the larger nations whose top teams don't need to play qualifiers and start their leagues 4 or 5 weeks later than ours. We have a pre-season starting today due to when our season commences and, so far, our dealings in the transfer market have been naive at best. We have a skeleton squad, and while I most certainly don't want us paying over the odds for pish, some basic homework should have been done before making any public comments on targets.

Get it done, Rangers, and pronto.

Season starts 23rd of July, we have to play champions league Qualifiers, so theres not plenty of time.

This reminds me of Kaunas. people were saying don't panic, and look what happened.

If you look at all the other SPL clubs most have a few signings made already. We only have 26 days till the season starts and they will need time to get to grips with the rest of the team etc.

Its really not a good situation IMO

I'm not in a panic. Just pissed off at the amateurish way in which we are going about our business. We have 9 competitive matches before the window shuts, including CL qualifiers, so comparing us to the English, Spanish or Italians is senseless as they will have 3 at most.

As I said in the op, September 1st is a virtual irrelevance to ourselves. Our season started today and to maximise our chances of it being a successful one, the bulk of our squad should have been in place.

It is.We are looking at making 4/5 signings.Not an entire Team.

remind of the starting 11 again :

oh thats right , the same one that won us the league in the last 5 games :rolleyes:

Think some people forget we played without Weiss and Bartley for a large part of the season

Those self same players had plenty of shocking performances too. Have you forgotten them? Last season was not a great standard to aspire to and McCoist obviouxly thinks the same or he wouldn't be attempting to recruit players for the key positions we struggled with.

remind of the starting 11 again :

oh thats right , the same one that won us the league in the last 5 games :rolleyes:

Think some people forget we played without Weiss and Bartley for a large part of the season

And you think such a small squad can take us through a whole season again :rolleyes:

And you think such a small squad can take us through a whole season again :rolleyes:

Who said that ? the panic merchants are going on about the qualifiers , yes very important but still 6 WEEKS away not days ... we have a title winning squad bar Weiss (missing from feb anyway) and Bartley (played 7 games) healy (waste of money tbh ) its not exactly a disaster is it ? plenty of time to work people into the squad , ideally yes the would join in a pre season tour but not exactly a must if we sign no one our first game we can expect

Mcgregor

Whittaker

Weir

Boogie

Papac

Naismith

Davis

Mcculloch/Edu

Wylde

Lafferty

Jelavic

bartley is weiss diouf are away bougy wants away and fuk knows were whitts will be its more than a few additions we need

They weren't all first team players?

We have a core team of champions who the title last year.

The team doesn't have to gel and settle in,a few players need to get used to their new surroundings and teamates.

Whyte said 6,they won't all be straight into the first team IMO.

Who said that ? the panic merchants are going on about the qualifiers , yes very important but still 6 WEEKS away not days ... we have a title winning squad bar Weiss (missing from feb anyway) and Bartley (played 7 games) healy (waste of money tbh ) its not exactly a disaster is it ? plenty of time to work people into the squad , ideally yes the would join in a pre season tour but not exactly a must if we sign no one our first game we can expect

Mcgregor

Whittaker

Weir

Boogie

Papac

Naismith

Davis

Mcculloch/Edu

Wylde

Lafferty

Jelavic

Our first CL qualifier is four weeks away, not six. If you're going to get all indignant and call people panic merchants at least know the facts.

Our first CL qualifier is four weeks away, not six. If you're going to get all indignant and call people panic merchants at least know the facts.

I apologise its 6 weeks till the season starts :doh: my bad at least the good thing is thats ALL you could pull from my post which leaves me feeling vindicated :)

Have a nice day :)

I hate our dealings in the transfer window. We never seem to do things easy.

We need at least 6 players and so far we are nowhere near getting players in. Add into that the pre season tour of Germany and there is 7-10 days were we are unlikely to sign anyone.

As each day passes with us missing out on targets then the more you have to wonder what is going on.

The bulk of our new signings then if you want to nit-pick.

Its not nit picking.Its responding to your panic.And how do you know it is the bulk of our new signings.All McCoist has said is that we have a list of Players we would like of which some are more a priority than others.Hemed,Danns etc may well have been close to the bottom of these priorities and became newsworthy because they were on a free.Where we have to pay a transfer fee we are still in the hunt.I think everyone knows we need to build up the squad but we are nowhere near the panic stage.Our first priority is to tie up the Players we have and bring in some quality to the squad.If we sign Cuellar and Goodwillie in the next 2 weeks I bet you change your tune.

I apologise its 6 weeks till the season starts :doh: my bad at least the good thing is thats ALL you could pull from my post which leaves me feeling vindicated :)

Have a nice day :)

It's less than four weeks until the season starts. doh

Those self same players had plenty of shocking performances too. Have you forgotten them? Last season was not a great standard to aspire to and McCoist obviouxly thinks the same or he wouldn't be attempting to recruit players for the key positions we struggled with.

didn't we have the best defence and the best strikeforce last season ? not so sure about the defence but positive about the strikeforce , he was looking to add depth to positions but that by no means alludes that Ally thinks this , maybe just maybe signing a Bosman to add the depth in the middle and Wallace with only 12 months of his contract left , put out a feeler , let Lee know we are interested and 6 months later we sign him for fuck all , rather than just watch and hope that he doesnt accept a new deal at Hearts ...

Cuellar is different as Boogie has stated time and again that he would leave if an offer arrived , guess what none yet and he has come out saying looks like he is staying ... but still this move would replace boogie so again i fail to see key positions and Ally panicking like the fans are