Durrant On His Role Next Year, What To Call Coisty & Coisty In The Stand?

Boab

Both McCoist and Durrant are still settling into their new roles at the club they love.

McCoist is still coming to terms with the business side of things, soaking up every aspect of being the boss of such a huge club.

Durrant is simply coming to terms with the idea of calling his best mate 'boss'.

He smiled: "It's been okay.

"I usually call him 'Super' or 'McCoist', but you have to give him the respect he is due.

"He'll be called 'Boss'. He'll maybe be called 'Gaffer' now and then, but there was only really one 'Gaffer' and that was Walter Smith.

"It's a question of respect. You can't walk about in front of the players calling him 'Super' or 'Ally'.

"He is the manager of Glasgow Rangers and he gets the respect and that title demands I'll be pitchside now. I won't be doing as much travelling, watching opposition teams and players.

"The scouting and recruitment side of it will go to Neil Murray and John Brown now, along with Gordon Smith as director of football. They will collaborate on that side of things.

"If we are successful in Europe, I will still go and see the teams we are playing against. But on a match-to-match basis with the first team, I'll be in the technical area now.

"Due to the numbers last year, I was in the stand beside the gaffer.

"Ally, Kenny McDowall and Jim Stewart were in the dugout.

"You actually get a far better picture of the game in the stand sometimes. The nightmare last year was getting them to answer the phone in the dugout.

"Ally says he is going to spend more time up in the stand now. But he says this and says that. I think he'll end up spending most of the time trackside with the rest of us."

Read more: http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/3668273/Coisty-will-NOT-do-a-le-Guen.html#ixzz1QkLvTzYe

Quotes mentioned in another thread but not really talked about due to partially crap thread title, folk happy wae Coisty being in the stand?

I'd always prefer the manager to be pitchside, but the players will trust McDowell and Durrant there aswell. So if Ally wants to go to the stand to get a better look at the game, that's fine by me.