Weir To Stay On..

Iakona

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Weir's signing suggests to me that the Cuellar deal is dead in the water. His agent did state last week that wages could be a stumbling block.

I hope not,if Cuellar wants to come back that bad I would hope he would take a cut to get back to winning medals.

We really need younger guys though,Bartley would be great to get in,he still has a long way to go but would do a great job in there beside Cuellar or Weir.

Hopefully we have our eyes on ones for the future as well as this season.

Considering the gulf in quality of both old firm goalies too, what was the shut out comparison between both clubs like? Surely with SDoW and the Uk's number one in our back 5 we would have more shut outs and the least amount of goals conceded over a season too.

Any stats statos?

Celtic's defence last season was a lot better than it was given credit for. Wilson had a better season than Whittaker and Majstorovic was generally solid despite falling apart completely at Inverness

Incidentally, clean sheet wise; Celtic 23, Rangers 18

Kerkar 1 year deal

Healy 1 year deal

Weir 1 year deal

Pathetic

What happened to the Takeover/ no Takeover List

Absolutely Awful from the Club.

?

Why not keep our already thin squad and add to it instead of getting rid of squad players to bring in other squad player.

Its not fucking FM, we need a squad and Healy is good cover and so is Weir.

Its not absolutely awful at all apart from maybe Kerkar because he played about 5 mins.

The club are going in the right direction, Papac, Weir and Healy are all over 30 and have been offered 1 year deals and thats a good route to go down.

What I have seen so far has impressed me, we are trying to keep our squad and add to it and we are showing that we are not going to pay over the odds and we are actually trying to negotiate instead of diving in and wasting cash.

I have absolutely no idea how giving these players a 1 year deal is awful.

Get a grip.

Celtic's defence last season was a lot better than it was given credit for. Wilson had a better season than Whittaker and Majstorovic was generally solid despite falling apart completely at Inverness

Incidentally, clean sheet wise; Celtic 23, Rangers 18

(tu)

I dont think Sasa, Weir, Boughy and Whitts will get any better together. We need to improve imo, big time.

I am getting really concerned now with the season fast approaching.

At times last year it looked as though this current crop of players where on their last legs and now we have even less players I am really getting worried by the lack of new faces.

I actually make it a 25 man squad at present?

McGregor

Alexander

Whittaker

Cole

Bougherra

McMillan

Weir

Broadfoot

Perry

Papac

McCulloch

Hutton

Davis

Bendiksen

Edu

Ness

Wylde

Kerkar

Naismith

Fleck

Jelavic

Beattie

Lafferty

Healy

Little

Out of those can see Beattie going on a free, and Bougherra hopping it at the first opportunity. Also wouldn't be suprised with a big bid coming in for Shagger, & Edu moving on for a small profit. On the Whittaker situation who knows? Cuellar, Bartley, Wallace & Cammy Bell in.