With The Transfer Window Officialy Opening Tomorrow

Dennis

I'm hopeful that we will have 5 players at least in place before we play Hearts...If we don't then Ally and Craig have failed to take us forward especially after our main rival(beggars,Hearts and Aberdeen) have boosted their squads and will continue to before the season starts.

If we have the money lets spend it on quality now and stop messing about.

i would piss myself laughing if in the first day of the transfer window we signed about 5 players that weve managed to keep hidden from the media would shut a shit load of panic merchants on here up ! :lol:

Here's hoping!

Let me say at the outset that I have no difficulty with Ally resigning Weir, Healy and Kerkar - even if the latter two have made little or no contribution to the 'cause'. My real concern rests with our apparant inability to sign any NEW faces.

Before someone accuses me of spreading panic and hysteria, I should say that those days are far behind me - at 57 I'm quite philosophic about these things. If we sign someone, I'll be happy, if not I'll remain concerned!

All indications are that Ceullar will remain at Villa; Wilson may be used by Liverpool as a 'makeweight' in other transfer dealings and Bartley's position vis a vis Rangers is 'fluid' because of the uncertainty at Arsenal.

Our bids for Goodwillie & Wallace(neither of whom I rate particularly highly, although I acknowledge that many of you do)are not finding favour, and the assault charge against Goodwillie should be the end of that one. Now, I think, is a good time to withdraw both offers and look elsewhere.

Let's also bring the Whitaker saga to an end and punt the guy to Bursaspor as soon as possible. It's really becoming embarrassing - please take the money and RUN!

It may be that we have other 'irons in the fire' that we are all unaware of and, if so, I trust we will pursue them 'quietly' and (as far as possible) in private.

However, I am not persauded that will be the case. Indeed, it strikes me that we have 'outed' our targets at a very early stage, particularly if you consider the Hemed, Danns and Conway cases. It would seem that we are unable to keep these matters in confidence.

I believe there is an argument for meeting the Villa valuation of 3 million for Cuellar to ensure that we capture him, particularly as he is considered by Ally et al to be THE 'marquee' target for the Club and, particularly in light of the proximity of the Champions League qualifers.

No, we shouldn't panic, but I would like to see a little more determination and urgency.

Let's not lose sight of the fact that the CL Group Stage is imperative for us financially - regardless of the recent takeover. It would be good to have added some quality and strength before the CL qualifier on 26/27 July. 3 1/2 weeks during which anything could happen - but I would rather it was sooner rather than later!

No, we shouldn't panic, but I would like to see a little more determination and urgency.

Let's not lose sight of the fact that the CL Group Stage is imperative for us financially.

Exactly, financially imperative games coming at the end of July = we should be doing everything urgently to make sure we are prepared, yet we are super relaxed about it.

If nothing is done in the next 1-2 weeks, then we should be panicking.