Stevie Smith

nvager

I know he's been injured but I believe next season will see him develop into a Scottish Internationalist. Having Broadfoot around who can also play LB will push his game to the next level. I hope Hutton continues to improve too as he can also get to that level, but needs some competition.

I know he's been injured but I believe next season will see him develop into a Scottish Internationalist. Having Broadfoot around who can also play LB will push his game to the next level. I hope Hutton continues to improve too as he can also get to that level, but needs some competition.

This post makes me realise how shit our team is :pipeguy:

Guest therabbitt

100% agree, Scotland have nae left backs, if Steven Crainey can get a game for Scotland!!

Smiffy will be a feature for club and country for a long time to come. A class act....

Here here,

Its good that Big Eck will know him first hand also but the same could be said about this knowledge of Hutton - come on Stevie!

eh? <cr> :mellow: :angry2:

I concur. I nearly cried when I realised Broadfoot is being described as 'competition'.

God help us.

:craphead:

I concur. I nearly cried when I realised Broadfoot is being described as 'competition'.

God help us.

I keep hoping I'll wake up and find that Broadfoot hasn't really signed and it was all a horrible nightmare. :scared:

I can see Walter moving for 2 full backs. A RB(cover and competition for Hutton) and a LB. S. Smith is a good young player but seems very injury prone.

Can Broadfoot play at LB?

david murphy looks good but then so does lewis stevenson, i think murphy is looking at going back to england but im sure if we declared interest in him he wouldnt say no, dont think i could see it happening though with smith/broadfoot/murray/papac all there but murphy can be left mid aswell

Guest therabbitt
I think moving Smiffy up to left wing and bringing in a more defensively solid fullback is worth a shout.

Yeah totally agree, one of my first posts on this site was to say Smith could play at left mid

Smith at left mid

Yes, maybe Broadfoot at left back and smith at left mid would work?

Has it really come to this. Broadfoot as a first choice Rangers left back.

Oh my God :(

If I remember correctly Smith was on the verge of being called up to the Scotland squad when Walter was in charge before he got an injury.

As for Broadfoot, don't know if he'll be competition for Smith or used beside him in defence, but I think he'll initially be a squad player for cover and then see how he develops. As for you lot already slagging him of, remember every player has to start somewhere. He knows the league and he can't be that bad a player if he was named captain for St Mirren.

Look at Ally McCoist, when he started out with St Johnstone he scored 22 goals in 57 appearances but only scored 8 for Sunderland in 56 appearances before he came to the Gers, where he went on to score 251 goal in 418 appearances. (and yes I know Broadfoot isn't a striker)

WE must give Broadfoot and Gow a chance. They may or may not make it but BOTH are left sided players that we badly need.

Smith will flourish this coming season I am sure.

I CAN see him and Hutton in Scotland jerseys soon.

I think the main issue here should wether we will see the same Smith in a Rangers shirt next season.

I hope we do but if this injury does affect him badly it wouldn't be the first time we ahve had a talented youngster who has faded in medicority after a run of injuries.

As Muff said I like Murphy at Hibs too, a lot more so then the massively over rated Whittaker. However i am reluctant to talk about him as I don't want to link us with another of their players.

Smith, was called up to Walter Smiths last squad (i think, certainly one of his last ones) only to have to pull out due to him picking up the injury he is currently recovering from.

As for people slagging Broadfoot off before he even gets here, I'll be honest the only game I've seen him play was recently against Gers which he didn't exactly impress me that much, but the one person I do trust in this whole debate is the only persons opinion that matters and thats Walter Smith. IF he thinks Broadfoot is or will be good enough for Rangers then hes fine by me. It's not like we are dealing with a manager that is prone to making huge mistakes in the transfer market, infact I think Walter is one of the better managers I've seen in identifying players, especially ones from UK.