Concern Now Creeping In

markybear

I was one of the posters who quickly dismissed fellow RM'ers fears about the lack of real transfer activity. When I say 'real' I obviously mean players who have actually signed on the dotted line. We have plenty of speculation/bids and actual contract offers/extensions but no 'real' signings. Yes little and Healy have extended but they won't be 1st team regulars by any means. Another week has passed, we are officially now into July. Our title defense starts in 22DAYS! Or 15 working days if u prefer. So no new signings and not one extension to be seen amongst greegsy,whitts,weir,Davis,bougie (tbhf bougie prob won't anyway).

For me concern is creeping in but I am trying to stay positive. IMO We need to sign at least 4 players b4 the

hearts game and another 2 b4 the window actually closes. I'm all for being prudent with cash but sometimes offering a wee bit more will get u what u want/need.

Ps £1mill for Lee Wallace. What a waste if cash, Papac is staying put and Wylde can cover if he's injured.

Penny for ur thoughts

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would be apprehensive going to Parkhead, Pittodrie and Tynecastle with Wylde at left back. Another year of SDoW in defence is bad enough without sticking a winger in our defence too.

Plenty time for transfers, no need to panic or worry, all will be ok. Or so we are told.

I have slight concerns but will leave the real worrying till the start of the season if signings have been non-forthcoming in quantity.

I've never been a believer of the 'bedding in' thing as so many managers quote...there's countless examples of that being nonsense. If you're good enough, you're good enough.

As for Wallace, he looked outstanding the season before last.

I tend to think he is worth £1 million.

The British transfer window may have been open for a month, but the European transfer window only opened today.

I know the public nature of our transfer dealings concerning domestic players and bosmans will lead most people to believe that the press will be a third party in most of our negotiations, but not all negotiations need be done in the public eye and we should bear in mind that most European clubs will be hesitant to enter negotiations over their players until they're able to bring in replacements. As of today, they can do that.

I expect the next week or so will see us linked with a couple of players from the lesser European leagues, at least one seriously, and as far as I'm concerned the transfer window starts now.

It would have been nice to see us bring in a couple of bosmans, or the likes of Goodwillie by this point, but really the majority of deals are done once the transfer window is open Europe-wide.

I'm a bit anxious to see new faces, but I'm not concerned just yet.

why the panic when we have a squad that can still compete for these early games if they are prepared for it, people need to try and let time take its course, i know it can be a little frustrating but to be fair all i see is folks fearing the worst. maybe im just to laid back with all of this and the takeover took all the feelings i have, news doesnt seem to excite me or vice versa anymore regarding us, and i would say some of the fans have driven me that way too, all in the know when there is a takeover and the likes but not now eh.

The British transfer window may have been open for a month, but the European transfer window only opened today.

I know the public nature of our transfer dealings concerning domestic players and bosmans will lead most people to believe that the press will be a third party in most of our negotiations, but not all negotiations need be done in the public eye and we should bear in mind that most European clubs will be hesitant to enter negotiations over their players until they're able to bring in replacements. As of today, they can do that.

I expect the next week or so will see us linked with a couple of players from the lesser European leagues, at least one seriously, and as far as I'm concerned the transfer window starts now.

It would have been nice to see us bring in a couple of bosmans, or the likes of Goodwillie by this point, but really the majority of deals are done once the transfer window is open Europe-wide.

I'm a bit anxious to see new faces, but I'm not concerned just yet.

(tu) the voice of reason.

McGregor

Whittaker Bougherra Weir Papac

Naismith Davis McCulloch Wylde

Jelavic Lafferty

Subs: Alexander, Broadfoot, Edu, Healy, Beattie, Ness, Hutton

That could be our squad for the opening game of the season as things stand.

McGregor

Whittaker Bougherra Weir Papac

Naismith Davis McCulloch Wylde

Jelavic Lafferty

Subs: Alexander, Broadfoot, Edu, Healy, Beattie, Ness, Hutton

That could be our squad for the opening game of the season as things stand.

And why the worry then?

If you have this, give it a watch, may calm people down a bit (tu)

http://www.rangerstv.tv/

'Several offers out there, talking to several players behind the scenes and we are very confident of having new players in very soon'.

No-one knows what is going on behind the scenes!

While it would be nice to have some new signings on board already it is not the be all and end all, so long as we spend wisely and not waste what funds we have then we can perhaps afford an extra player or two than if we just paid the asking price.I am happy for us to haggle on prices so long as it does not cost us any key transfer targets.