Has Weir Officially Signed A New Deal Yet?

papaguy51

Rangers skipper Davie Weir agrees new deal to stay at Ibrox for another year

Jun 29 2011 Exclusive by Keith Jackson

SKIPPER David Weir last night agreed a new one-year contract to stay on at Rangers.

The 41-year-old, left, thrashed out his future during talks with boss Ally McCoist at Murray Park.

And Gers have been handed another massive boost with Nikica Jelavic revealing he won't quit the club this summer.

New Gers owner Craig Whyte and McCoist have endured a frustrating time in the transfer market so far this summer after missing out on top targets such as Tomer Hemed, Neil Danns and Craig Conway.

However, £4million Croatian striker Jelavic has eased fears about his position by insisting he'll lead the Ibrox attack next term.

Jelavic said: "There is no rush for me to go anywhere as I am only 25.

"Next season the least I want is to repeat the success of last term. There is plenty for me in Glasgow and I am very happy.

"It was super the way I was accepted by the club, as well as fans, and I will stay at least one more year."

That's the last I read about it.

Really hope not!

(tu) Weir will get raped for pace this year and really must go. He can cope against the shite teams in the spl but when he comes up against good player. He is left for dust.

I like david Weir, But he has to be replaced by a younger faster defender. Good head on his shoulders, pity his body cant keep up with his head.

If he hasn't he really needs to consider if he can manage another season. I don't want the big man leaving without the fondest of memories. I thought he should have left with Walter it would have been fitting. We cannot play Weir and Broadfoot at centre back at all this season its not going to work.