With Regards To Who We Sign

DamienM855

I don't post on here much as everyone seems to just argue and bitch but my 2p on the whole affair.

If you take the best possible spl team from last year:

McGregor

Izaguirre

Bougherra

Weir

Whittaker

Conway

Davis

Kayal

Naismith

Jelavic

Goodwillie

Not many people could argue too much with that, we have signed 3 of these players on long term contracts, where interested in Conway and look likely to sign Goodwillie.

I really don't understand why people are unhappy with how this window has gone.

We have bought one of the top young left backs in Scotland, a 40 times capped Romanian giant CB as replacement for the ageing Weir, a Spanish utility player who for my money looked like he had decent touch, control and passing, a young American international who seems like he has good potential.

Then we are interested in Goodwillie who by anyone's standards is the best young striker in Scotland, have bid on a LM who is nominated for Dutch player of the year and Cuellar who we all know is head and shoulders above the rest of the CB's in the SPL.

That's not to mention the millions spent on stadium improvements.

Personally I am extremely happy with how the window has gone and the performance of our chairman and manager. A home draw against Hearts isn't great but I think the positives since Whyte takeover outweigh the negative.

Pull on that blue shirt and step onto the pitch for The Rangers and support is always there from me.

I'm proud to say that I even managed to cheer Billy Urquhart.

Well your a bigger man than i am .

He was probably the least gifted footballer i've seen at Ibrox..i never gave him a hard time but he was torture.

Many of us question the calibre of player we are recruiting, but that doesn't mean that we support the team any less enthusiastically!

Fact is, for some years now we have been signing players who wouldn't have got within a mile of Ibrox in the 'good old days'. We have several examples of this is our current team without even commenting on our new signings.

I think the vast majority of Rangers fans will always rally round the team....but that doesn't mean we can't voice our disquiet.

Well your a bigger man than i am .

He was probably the least gifted footballer i've seen at Ibrox..i never gave him a hard time but he was torture.

Billy was the least talented player I have seen in blue - and I'm not trying to suggest I was a fan or anything, but, you know, when he scored :D

He was finishing just as I started - never seen the man play. Surely not a worse player than Urquhart?

Has always been a standing joke...I went to the primary school across from Ibrox and we always used to get the playrs to sign our autograph books. One day Max Murray said, son I am fed up signing this and Ralph Brand said to him you should be grateful the boy wants your autograph, as he has never seen you play or if he had, he would not be asking for it. lol stuck with me. Every day used to see all the players coming over from the Albion then heading up for the bus

into town. Used to see Billy Ritchie on the bus going to school and walk him down the Copland Rd. Ahhhhhhh! the memories.

I always support the players for the 90 minutes, no matter how limited their ability is.

After the game, I'll feel free as a paying customer, to voice my opinion on any of them.

FFS I even support Whittaker for 90 minutes every week - it canny get much worse than that!

Putting too much pressure on players can be detrimental to their performance. Look at Charlie Adam, took pelters off ibrox crowd. Goes to Blackpool, pressure off, 2 years later he's a 10m player and at Liverpool.

We seem to have the mentality were still a top Euro side when the harsh reality is we play in the SPL, don't have the finances and need to adjust our expectations and support what we have. Edu for example, takes it tight but no question he gives 100%, what more can he do? Cheer the lad on and get his confidence back!