Simply Not Good Enough

Dear lord that was the worst feeling coming back from a game for many many seasons, to think we could effectively be out of europe before july finishes, that must be one for the books :angry:

Ive never seen a central midfield pairing that make so little blocks and tackles on the opponents midfielders, mcculloch is a yard short of the game, no amount of effort for the team will cover that, i honestly cannot remember mcculloch successfully tackling an opponent tonight

edu has all the attributes for a centre mid, his positional play is fucking woeful though, but at least he has the speed and agility to get back into position, still not good enough, tonight how many times did their midfielders get to run 20 yards at least without a blue shirt anywhere near them, the only time i seen edu and mcculloch closer to our goal than their opposite numbers was when we had the ball :anguish:

steven whittaker will never be a right back, if whittaker was to ever play against rangers, even ortiz or lafferty would look like an awesome left mid

davis must be removed from corners and free kicks, he simply cannot judge them, they are either too soft or too hard, one out of every 7 into the proper area is not good enough

also, why is it that every single player that plays for the club must have to look worse than they are by getting shunted to left mid, on the bench tonight we had TWO naturally left footed players, yet we bring on a right footed midfielder to play then :anguish: seriously what are the fucking management team thinking about when that sub was made

healy is simply a waste of wages if we will not bring him on when its clearly obvious that naismith and jelavic were having a stinker,

and what the fuck do we train at, tonight they had 4 corners, the first two resulted in free headers when we outnumbered them in the box 11-7, and why do we leave no one up front when we concede a corner, we cleared two corners in the second half and the ball came right back into the box because we dont have anyone up the park to actually get the clearance

the only 2 plus points from tonight were that wallace looked very decent, never seen a boy shout for the ball so much yet have to wait about 30 seconds to actually get the ball

and another good point is that we simply cannot play any worse, forget naismiths two chances in the second half, tonight that was absolute garbage

I can, but I won't mention that era.

Let's hope it doesn't go down that route.

It has all the ingredients so far.

I've already got such a bad feeling about this season and it does not bode well.

One thing I'm certain of though is that things would improve majorly if McCulloch and Edu were out of the midfield completely and Davis was allowed to partner a new strong central-midfielder that would allow him to play at his best.

Dear lord that was the worst feeling coming back from a game for many many seasons, to think we could effectively be out of europe before july finishes, that must be one for the books :angry:

Ive never seen a central midfield pairing that make so little blocks and tackles on the opponents midfielders, mcculloch is a yard short of the game, no amount of effort for the team will cover that, i honestly cannot remember mcculloch successfully tackling an opponent tonight

edu has all the attributes for a centre mid, his positional play is fucking woeful though, but at least he has the speed and agility to get back into position, still not good enough, tonight how many times did their midfielders get to run 20 yards at least without a blue shirt anywhere near them, the only time i seen edu and mcculloch closer to our goal than their opposite numbers was when we had the ball :anguish:

steven whittaker will never be a right back, if whittaker was to ever play against rangers, even ortiz or lafferty would look like an awesome left mid

davis must be removed from corners and free kicks, he simply cannot judge them, they are either too soft or too hard, one out of every 7 into the proper area is not good enough

also, why is it that every single player that plays for the club must have to look worse than they are by getting shunted to left mid, on the bench tonight we had TWO naturally left footed players, yet we bring on a right footed midfielder to play then :anguish: seriously what are the fucking management team thinking about when that sub was made

healy is simply a waste of wages if we will not bring him on when its clearly obvious that naismith and jelavic were having a stinker,

and what the fuck do we train at, tonight they had 4 corners, the first two resulted in free headers when we outnumbered them in the box 11-7, and why do we leave no one up front when we concede a corner, we cleared two corners in the second half and the ball came right back into the box because we dont have anyone up the park to actually get the clearance

the only 2 plus points from tonight were that wallace looked very decent, never seen a boy shout for the ball so much yet have to wait about 30 seconds to actually get the ball

and another good point is that we simply cannot play any worse, forget naismiths two chances in the second half, tonight that was absolute garbage

Also to add the fact we couldn't change the game in the second half Ally was clueless hate to say it, the players are not giving there all there seems problems behind the scenes. And Allys interview after the game dosn't fill me with confidence.

It has all the ingredients so far.

I've already got such a bad feeling about this season and it does not bode well.

One thing I'm certain of though is that things would improve majorly if McCulloch and Edu were out of the midfield completely and Davis was allowed to partner a new strong central-midfielder that would allow him to play at his best.

Without a doubt, but McCulloch has as much presence in the dressing room as McCoist.

New era...

what frightens me the most is the complete lack of understanding with the formation and tactics

we started with

a converted centre half at left back

a natural left back at left mid

a centre forward as a defensive mid

a centre mid as a right mid when we had the ball

a striker as a right mid when we didnt have the ball

(we played 4-4-2 when we had the ball, and 4-5-1 without it)

so that is to an extent 5 people out of 11 that are out of position, half yer fucking team, and its through the managers choice and nothing else

not on your own have the same feelings myself,and what depresses me more is the knowledge that we have a manager who thinks there is nothing wrong with his tactics and team selections proved by his comments after the match tonight.

Also to add the fact we couldn't change the game in the second half Ally was clueless hate to say it, the players are not giving there all there seems problems behind the scenes. And Allys interview after the game dosn't fill me with confidence.

talking about confidence it was obvious that whittaker had none in the second half and it was beyond belief he hugged the touchline not wanting the ball and straight in front of the manager he still never made the change, we needed width and pace something we are sadly lacking with no weiss or miller........

talking about confidence it was obvious that whittaker had none in the second half and it was beyond belief he hugged the touchline not wanting the ball and straight in front of the manager he still never made the change, we needed width and pace something we are sadly lacking with no weiss or miller........

i tell you one thing, at least we know mcculloch is whittakers best mate in the team

the amount of balls played to whittaker from 50 yards away when the whole team was over the other side of the pitch building a move was unbelievable, about 4 or 5 times whittaker received a cross ball from mcculloch, and has absolutely no one to aim for except back to bougherra because everyone had worked across to the left

I think most of us said we didn't think Ally was ready for this job long before he was asked to take the helm.

I'm not going to give up on him yet but lets not underestimate how serious the ramifications are if we don't turn this around in the second leg.

I think we can turn it around but we really need a creative midfielder as well as central defenders and Goodwillie to partner Jela,we cannot persist with Edu and McCulloch in midfield together,it's like asking Laurel and Hardy to fling stones into the water from a boat.

Set pieces have been a problem for the past 3-4 years now.

Said this many times but we haven't had a good corner taker since Ricksen.

You're being very generous there,and we haven't been able to defend them for fucknose how long.

It genuinely looks like we don't practice set pieces,defending or attacking.