Walter away to watch Arsenal v Man City

papaguy51

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd have Hleb, he has something about him that I like watching.

Probably that £10m price tag above his head... :craphead:

I know he's out OUR price range, but I don't think he's anywhere near £10million!

I think they payed about £12m did they no ?

I would suspect it to be from:

Lahman, Isaksson,Beasley or Vassell

tbh honest I would take any of them

I suggested Isaksson a while back as a replacement for klos. He had a really good world cup and has only played half a dozen times for man city so they might be willing to sell. Hes still only 25 and has over 40 international caps so would be ideal. Didnt arsenal pay £10m including add ons for hleb??? Maybe not £10m up front but i think the deal was worth that in total.

Neither can Prso, Sebo or Novo.

Point taken :lol:

Even though he doesn't score much he is a pacey bastard and has good movement and we lack that pretty badly. Of all our regular forwards (I include our wingers in that) only Novo has any real movement or pace and I think Ferguson and....dare I say it after the discussion about him today.... Hemdani (I read that he could pass te ball through the eye of a needle when we first signed him) would have a field day picking out balls to match his runs.

I know he's out OUR price range, but I don't think he's anywhere near £10million!

Think its clauses that if all are met could mean a free of £10mil.

Neither can Prso, Sebo or Novo.

Point taken :lol:

Even though he doesn't score much he is a pacey bastard and has good movement and we lack that pretty badly. Of all our regular forwards (I include our wingers in that) only Novo has any real movement or pace and I think Ferguson and....dare I say it after the discussion about him today.... Hemdani (I read that he could pass te ball through the eye of a needle when we first signed him) would have a field day picking out balls to match his runs.

I don't know, it would be a big risk.

Helb is pure class. Easily worth more than ten mill.

Helb is pure class. Easily worth more than ten mill.

For some reason, I can remember him playing for Belarus against Scotland. He played this through pass between two on-rushing defenders and its accuracy was jaw dropping. I love watching him.

Lehmann? Yes please. :o Highly doubt it though.
2028: GOAL Arsenal 1-1 Manchester City

Arsenal are punished after a poor clearance by Lehmann and Michael Johnson puts the ball through to DaMarcus Beasley who tucks the ball neatly inside the far post for an equaliser against the run of play.

:lol:

Lehmann? Yes please. :o Highly doubt it though.
2028: GOAL Arsenal 1-1 Manchester City

Arsenal are punished after a poor clearance by Lehmann and Michael Johnson puts the ball through to DaMarcus Beasley who tucks the ball neatly inside the far post for an equaliser against the run of play.

I would take Beasley though. Good natural left winger

Rumour that he is watching Jihai Sun and Distin.

Distin would be an absolute yes. I wonder about how many other teams are seriously considering movng for him too though? We can't afford to get into a wage race with a Premiership team!

Jihai Sun would be a no, not on the basis of his playing ability but on the basis that I remember not to long ago he came out and said his family don't like living in Briatin.

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=4...d=43&cpid=8

Saying that he is a hell of a versatile and we need that especially if we are going to have asmallish squad next year.

Arsenal (from): Lehmann, Eboue, Toure, Gallas, Clichy, Hleb, Fabregas, Gilberto, Rosicky, Ljungberg, Adebayor, Almunia, Diaby, Baptista, Senderos, Aliadiere, Denilson, Djourou.

Man City (from): Isaksson, Weaver, Onuoha, Trabelsi, Sun, Dunne, Distin, Ball, Jordan, Sinclair, Ireland, Barton, Hamann, Johnson, Dabo, Beasley, Vassell, Mpenza, Corradi, Samaras.

Here are the teams. Out of that lot I would sign:

Fabregas, Ljungberg, Distin, Samaras.

I'd take Eboue, Toure, Gallas, Clichy, Hleb, Fabergas, Gilberto, Rosicky, Ljunberg, Diaby, Baptista, Senderos, Alialdiere, Denilson, Djorou, saksson, Onuoha, Distin, Barton, Beasley and Mpenza.

Is Distin not wanting around £45-50k a week to stay at Man City??? We could never afford that and to be honest I wouldnt realyy want to pay someone that much.