G.E.C.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Tweet from Spiers:

"I think the criticism is completely unjustified. I have delivered." Craig Whyte, Rangers chairman, speaking to me in The Times tomorrow.

I agree with Whyte to an extent. He's done a lot of good stuff; a few signings, stadium improvements & extended contracts but there's room for improvement, especially in the transfer negotiation department.

I agree with Whyte to an extent. He's done a lot of good stuff; a few signings, stadium improvements & extended contracts but there's room for improvement, especially in the transfer negotiation department.

I sort of understand where he is coming from, but he must realise that a newly painted stadium won't win us any league titles. If we can secure more signings before the end of August, then I would imagine that the majority of the mistrust about Whyte will evaporate.

I sort of understand where he is coming from, but he must realise that a newly painted stadium won't win us any league titles. If we can secure more signings before the end of August, then I would imagine that the majority of the mistrust about Whyte will evaporate.

That kind of stuff still needs to be taken care of though. Our last regime couldn't do it.

The main criticism of Whyte I have is not having the foresight to see that a repeat of the Kaunas fiasco may happen if we didn't add to our squad quickly enough.

That kind of stuff still needs to be taken care of though. Our last regime couldn't do it.

The main criticism of Whyte I have is not having the foresight to see that a repeat of the Kaunas fiasco may happen if we didn't add to our squad quickly enough.

I quite agree, but he must have realised that if we did up the stadium for £3million and only spent the same amount on new transfers then the fans would not be happy, and would immediately be on his back questioning him and his resources.

The stupid thing about the Kaunas scenario was that we heard several times from the club that we would be ready in time, and that such a problem would never arise. I genuinely think that the management thought that they had enough to see themselves into the next round of the Champions League at least.