To Lennon: And To Some Of Our Own Supporters On Here

weedurranty

I fear we will never again have a manager who has universal backing.

By all accounts from talking to older fans I gather it's a myth that any manager has ever had universal backing, at any club.

A typical case of people referring to 'the good old days' even when they weren't that good!

I can see where you're coming from with the OP but............................................as a Rangers fan, I think I've earned the right to be critical of some of our players and performances.

However, lennon hasn't earned that right, and we shouldn't be put in the same bracket as him.

I said before Sunday that Ally's team selection, and subsequent result, would go a long way to deciding his future at Ibrox. I'm happy he proved to us all that he does indeed have a future at the club. Now I'm saying the same for Thursday. Will he select the players who did a tremendous job for us yesterday, or will he bring back the likes of Whittaker, McCulloch and Edu?

Let's wait and see, but I'm not too confident the young lads will be jumping for joy when the team sheet is produced for Thursday.

i hope Ally proves all wrong, but somehow I doubt it. You dont need to be Einstien to be able to see why our team play terrible football at times and championship winning football at others.

It's called having a opinion and it's something that keeps our club ticking over. If everybody just sat back and continued to let things like the Malmo and first leg against Maribor go, then we wouldn't be as successful as a club as we are.

You don't win 54 league titles and have a winning mentality without some criticism coming your way. Football is a emotional game, but if you think the fans get sad cause you get proved wrong, then that's just plain silly.

As you say, every fan should have the right to criticise or praise the club as and when they desrve it. I think the sentiments in the OP are probably a response to those who are unable to find anything positive to say about Rangers even when things are going well. There are a fair number of posters on this site, for instance, who are very, very quiet when things are going well but can't post fast enough when things go tits up.

Venting our anger on a forum is much healthier than booing our team in the stadium and shouldn't be discouraged if balanced by celebrating our successes.

I just hate over-reaction in either direction. Polls about sacking McCoist after 4 games? Fucking nonsense. Timplosion after Sunday? Nonsense (that'll be on Thursday :crabflute: ).

Let’s look at the facts. Criticising a club that has won three titles in a row against your own is a dangerous route to go down. Criticism of a manager who passionately believes in what he is doing and has proven time and time again he has the mettle to see a job through is an act of folly. Criticism of a group of existing players, old and young, who were part of a championship winning team is stupid. Criticism of a group of new signings without understanding what they might offer in the SPL is just plain ignorance.

Today I was just going to comment on the game, on the performances of the young players from our Murray Park academy which appears in the past 12 months to be proving fruitful in the development of home grown players. And today I was going to just comments on the performance of the much maligned Lafferty who was written off too early and the growing confidence of our new captain Steven Davis, who is looking like the league’s best midfielder with every passing game.

Or I was just going to say that the legend that is McCoist managed to get a spirit into our work rate yesterday which was the mark of a team which is up for the challenge to defend it’s title and with 13 players missing from the squad for various reasons will demonstrate that maybe the overall squad at Ibrox isn’t as bad as some people liked to indicate.

However, let’s put all of that to one side for just one minute and ask a simple question ; When you have nothing to contribute on the game except bile towards the club which has dominated your own club in the SPL for the past 3 seasons and ultimately come on here to slag off that club that has taken the past 3 titles against your own, how do you feel today after the day of football that yesterday brought us?

This is exact message was on a comments section of the daily record after a report on Ally McCoist. Was it you that posted it there too??

This is exact message was on a comments section of the daily record after a report on Ally McCoist. Was it you that posted it there too??

It says in the sub-title that he had just read it. I think a lot of people on this thread missed that part.

By all accounts from talking to older fans I gather it's a myth that any manager has ever had universal backing, at any club.

A typical case of people referring to 'the good old days' even when they weren't that good!

You're posts are often good reading which makes me feel bad about having nicked your username (practically). I was going to change it to Sassy_Papac a few months back but since we've signed Wallace I'll need to dream up something else. I wonder if admins can transfer your posts and reps?

Very pleased with being on top where we belong but hold on with the everything perfect in the garden. Criticism is allowed and it is also healthy.

Malmo

No f*king way can you forget two nights of total shite. Blame our players. Blame Ally. Blame Whittaker and Boughie. Blame the SFA for our season starting early but we should have taken those guys easy. Not good enough.

Maribor

We are Rangers. I can accept a 1-0 lead. I can even take a 1-1 away goal. But losing 2 to Maribor is not good enough. Hopefully we can show the real Rangers at Ibrox.

Lennon needs to sort his own team out, fu*k em, but don't tell Bears, who pay for this club, that they have no right to complain or question things.

Ally has played some kids, maybe because he had to. Wait and see if we stick with merit or go with the less impressive team he started the season with. Happy with the defensive options. We have almost nothing if Jelavic takes a hit.

I hope he has but, he was forced to play the youngsters etc because of injuries suspensions and players not getting visas. I am certain he will go back to picking McCulloch & Edu and probably Broadfoot at RB if whittaker isn't back.

hope he doesnt do that

You're posts are often good reading which makes me feel bad about having nicked your username (practically). I was going to change it to Sassy_Papac a few months back but since we've signed Wallace I'll need to dream up something else. I wonder if admins can transfer your posts and reps?

You have made me think I was going mad a few times, thinking I was seeing threads by me that I knew I never posted. :sherlock: