Is Mccoist The Man Whyte Wants In Charge?

TBagalag

I can't help but get the feeling Mr Whyte wants his own man in the dug out. Due to the fact that McCoist was a popular choice amongst fans and his role had been decided before the takeover, Whyte has felt pressured into keeping him. I don't feel Ally has been backed as fully as he should have been financially and has been left scrambling round the bargain basement to pad out an already depleted squad. It really wouldnt surprise me if Ally is gone before Christmas. I hope this isn't the case as he has to be given time to evolve the team and himself. Unfortunately I don't think he will get the time he needs.

Problem of course in football is if you buy the wrong players you don't only have to pay them to arrive if they are bad enough you probably also have to give them a sweetner to leave.

If Whyte isn't completely sold on McCoist he won't let him buy expensive players for that reason

I can't help but get the feeling Mr Whyte wants his own man in the dug out. Due to the fact that McCoist was a popular choice amongst fans and his role had been decided before the takeover, Whyte has felt pressured into keeping him. I don't feel Ally has been backed as fully as he should have been financially and has been left scrambling round the bargain basement to pad out an already depleted squad. It really wouldnt surprise me if Ally is gone before Christmas. I hope this isn't the case as he has to be given time to evolve the team and himself. Unfortunately I don't think he will get the time he needs.

Bargain basement in what way? Every player we have signed is a full international. <cr> He will get the time alright but i dont think he will succeed.

Does Ally have the experience as a MANAGER (required? and actually KNOW enough about tactics? Don't let what is happening at the tims fool us at the moment. Unless we improve and get some proper form going, we are going to end up not being top. It only takes a poor performance and we are in a bad situation in the league.

Bargain basement in what way? Every player we have signed is a full international. <cr> He will get the time alright but i dont think he will succeed.

Just cause they have caps, doesn't make them good enough for Rangers. You can't tell me when the takeover happened these are the sort of players you thought we would be signing. Throughout the window we have apparently been bidding for real quality only to back out and sign a much cheaper and less talented option. I would say only Wallace is the exception.

Just cause they have caps, doesn't make them good enough for Rangers. You can't tell me when the takeover happened these are the sort of players you thought we would be signing. Throughout the window we have apparently been bidding for real quality only to back out and sign a much cheaper and less talented option. I would say only Wallace is the exception.

We dont have many players good enough for Rangers, This is our level for now. I agree though, yes i expected somethign else, a few big money buys, but i do not blame the club for not spending after our Euro exit, i dont want to see the same mistakes Murray made.

We dont have many players good enough for Rangers, This is our level for now. I agree though, yes i expected somethign else, a few big money buys, but i do not blame the club for not spending after our Euro exit, i dont want to see the same mistakes Murray made.

I agree that Murray style spending is not the way forward, I however thought we would have two or three quality signings to see us through the qualifiers, going out means we are even more unattractive to potential signings should money be available. Can't see it now though.

Does Ally have the experience as a MANAGER (required? and actually KNOW enough about tactics? Don't let what is happening at the tims fool us at the moment. Unless we improve and get some proper form going, we are going to end up not being top. It only takes a poor performance and we are in a bad situation in the league.

I have always had this nagging doubt that if Whyte had started with a completely blank sheet of paper he wouldn't have written the name of Ally McCoist on it. I just think he would have wanted someone with a track record he could be judged on.

I think it also has to be said that we have only just emerged from a financial black hole and it's just about possible we could start moving back towards it is we buy the wrong players

I agree that Murray style spending is not the way forward, I however thought we would have two or three quality signings to see us through the qualifiers, going out means we are even more unattractive to potential signings should money be available. Can't see it now though.

We didnt need new players to get past the 2 teams we lost to. They were both dreadful and both results shameful nights in our clubs history.

I'm not 100% sure.

But I severely doubt he'd want Ally to fail because he wants a different manager.

Time will eventually tell.

I actually think he is very much in 2 minds. He obviously wants Ally to succeed but he probably also wants to hedge his bets and see how good his judgement is in the transfer market before he gives him a lot of money ... truth is it would probably be reckless to give someone who has never bought any players before the whole budget to spend right away

We didnt need new players to get past the 2 teams we lost to. They were both dreadful and both results shameful nights in our clubs history.

I was meaning prior to the draws we got, which were very favourable. Your dead right though, it is shameful.

I've said this a few times on here, it was a kind of given that Coisty would be manager whatever happened with or without a take over, I personally think Whyte would have preferred to bring his own man in to manage the club which is why I think if we start to struggle in the league Ally will get bagged, I'm still 100% behind Coisty and think he will get it right