Would This Make You Happy?

thebooler

OK. There's a few on here today saying Edu played OK last night, and others saying he was shite. Personally, I never seen anything to suggest he was OK. I just don't think he should be anywhere near the team.

So........................................who would be happy to see this:

Ortiz in the middle with Davis, and Naismith on the right hand side of the midfield. Wylde on the left. McMillan as our regular RB instead of Whittaker. Goian and Bocanegra as our CH pairing, and Wallace keeping the LB position. Bartley when he's fit could slot in at either Midfield or CB when required.

Jelavic up front with a new, quality strike partner. Lafferty coming off the bench when a change is needed, or things are not working out for us.

That means no Edu, no McCulloch, no Broadffot, and no Whittaker.

Would you be happier with this?

OK. There's a few on here today saying Edu played OK last night, and others saying he was shite. Personally, I never seen anything to suggest he was OK. I just don't think he should be anywhere near the team.

Ortiz in the middle with Davis, and Naismith on the right hand side of the midfield. Wylde on the left. McMillan as our regular RB instead of Whittaker. Goian and Bocanegra as our CH pairing, and Wallace keeping the LB position. Bartley when he's fit could slot in at either Midfield or CB when required.

Jelavic up front with a new, quality strike partner. Lafferty coming off the bench when a change is needed, or things are not working out for us.

Edu should never be allowed to wear a Rangers shirt again, McCulloch's finished, Broadfoot's a trier by he's not Rangers material and Whittaker is not and has never been a right back. So, in answer to your question - Yes!

I had been saying last season when Naismith played in the centre a couple of times how good he was, the main aspect was his intelligence to track back when Davis went forward and we need this, I really hope Bedoya can slot in and maybe have Naismith, Davis and Wylde, Bedoya.

I have a bit more time for Lafferty than most of my mates, the reason being in the run in last season he was great but he was only great due to our free flowing attack them at will nature we deployed in the run in, when play is held up Lafferty fails, I would agree on this issue we need someone else to partner Jelavic. So I agree is nothing more than an impact player.

Bocanegra I am still unsure about, right now I would say Perry and Goian is the strongest combo we have, with Bartley fit it would most likely be Bartley/Goian tbh.

ortiz shouldnt be anywhere near the team either pal just because he`s spanish doesn`t make him good mcgregor,mcmillian,perry,goin,wallace,davis,ness,hutton,bedoya,naisy,jela we need more scottish boys we need our identity back youth is the only way forward!uk.gif

We also have Bedoya for Sunday and McKay in a couple of weeks time to add to the squad. I hope they will improve our midfield.

don`t see what ortiz brings to the party ? would try bedoya instead but not having seen him i don`t know but cant be worse can he ????

In theory yes, but Ortiz is terrible get him out and Ness in.

But the concern is that the cm would get bullied all the time, we need a tackler in there to win the ball back, there would be no-one, and indeed there is no one in the current squad who can do that. We need to buy a decent defensive mid. Even give hutton a shot in there.

Facck totally forgot about Mckey, ack that is tricky now, McKay performed great for Aus in a sitting LM role. ack fuck knows, this is too much thinking for a Friday night when I am stocked up with Innis & Gunn and bourbon.

Everything about Ortiz would suggest he should be playing in the middle of midfield... apart from the fact he's never played there (Or has he?)

He played there regularly for Almeria, and they reckoned he was too tough for Spanish football! That's why he was recommended to us as a decent prospect for the rough and tumble of SPL football.

In theory yes, but Ortiz is terrible get him out and Ness in.

But the concern is that the cm would get bullied all the time, we need a tackler in there to win the ball back, there would be no-one, and indeed there is no one in the current squad who can do that. We need to buy a decent defensive mid. Even give hutton a shot in there.

This is the ONLY reason I left Ness out mate. Ness is a class act, and I really hope he steers clear of injuries and gets a deserved run in the team.

He played there regularly for Almeria, and they reckoned he was too tough for Spanish football! That's why he was recommended to us as a decent prospect for the rough and tumble of SPL football.

Needs to stop fannying out of tackles then if that's the case. Too many times he's been reluctant to hammer right through a challenge. (maybe a mentality thing then from his days in Spain??)

How about drop Ortiz and Edu and play Naismith, Davis, Mckay, Wylde/Bedoya in midfield?

As I said earlier, I forgot all about Bedoya for the midfield. If he's as good as they say he is, he'll be in. Possibly intercahnging with Wylde (as you've suggested) depending on the opposition/system Ally employs.

Don't know where McKay would fit in, or Ness for that matter though.

Have we now got too many midfielders and not enough strikers? Is this Ally's plan? Breaking from midfield in numbers?

I'm yet to see what Ortiz is going to offer, I hope he shows me soon but I just can't see it yet. I'd be tempted to go with the team you suggest, but with either Ness or Bartley in the other CM role.

OK. Ortiz is dropped, Ness or Bedoya are now in the starting line up.

So we have.......................McGregor, McMillan, Bocanegra, Goian, Wallace, Naisy, Davis, Ness, Bedoya, Jelavic, and a quality strike partner for Jelavic?

Now we have on the bench.....................Papac, Whittaker, Lafferty, Bartley, Wylde, Perry, Alexander..........................................

That team would rip apart any team in the SPL, and they'd do pretty good in Europe as well.

Now for a Manager...........................................................................:sherlock:

Edu is a confidence player and he hasn't got any, he has not improved and probably has got worse. Needs dropped and tbh I would probably sell him.

Ortiz, another lacking confidence, no good on the left and didn't take his chance in his preferred position, shows glimpses of being a player. Needs dropped.

Naismith Davis Ness Wylde is my choice for midfield

McMillan Goian Bartley Wallace for defence, Bocanegra hasn't convinced me, only 2 games in but I think he is another Beattie, Perry would be my 3rd choice for CB.

Need another striker, absolutely no question of that.

I would be ecstatic if I thought that I would never see McCulloch or Broadfoot again, Edu is marginally better and Whittaker will be staying and playing.

The number of passengers in our squad is worrying, we are paying good money to players who won't contribute a great deal if anything at all. McCulloch, Broadfoot, Beattie, Healy, Kerkar, Little, Weir, throw in Edu and Ortiz and that is some amount of money to be spending on fringe players. Anybody like to take a guess what we are paying this lot a week?