Manager Situation

corkinator

9 games into the job n cunts want him out, imo its a fucking disgrace. every1 knew smith was leaving a small squad behind that was full of players who are not good enuff for the gers(that smith managed to get to win ugly).

its a rebuilding job that needs/is being done/started. he needs time and money to sort it out both of which he is unlikely to see.

ffs pep gaurdiola couldny make us into a decent team with the budget/squad mccoist was left.

imo if he manages to win us the spl then he will have done a fine job in his rookie year.

Ally has my backing but he needs to stop being a clone of Walter and do his own thing.

This is the way I see it.

The early start to the season has caught the club out. The Pre-season schedule was a farce and in the wrong order.

We should have beaten Malmo and made up for the dreadful first leg. We had the chances but two ridiculous sending offs didn't help the cause.

The players deployed in both competitions should have been more than able to see off the opposition. The fact they weren't is alarming and the buck, for me, stops at the players rather than the manager.

We are just a poor side. We cannot play fluent and confident football. Even if we had beaten Malmo, who can guarantee we'd have beaten Zagreb or whoever we had played?

The players on the park are to blame. The indiscipline, the lack of talent and will to get forward. The lack of vital players form.

People calling for McCoist's head have to get a grip. It wouldn't help anything. 5 games, 4 wins, 1 draw, 0 defeats, 10 goals scored, 1 conceded, 13 points on the table, top of the league. Where's the domestic problems?

Under the new regmime, perhaps the Euro quals came a bit too early for everyone.

As I said in my last post aimed at the Ally haters: I have faith in Ally, whether you do or not.

10 months from now, I'll be very surprised if we are not celebrating 4 in a row.

Ally has my backing but he needs to stop being a clone of Walter and do his own thing.

This (tu) although after being assistant to Smith for 3 years we should've been expecting it tbh. He knows no other way of football management except what he learned from Smith.

The quicker the fans realise that ally is here to stay and that well prob not get any other players in the better! If that's the team and management we have then all we can do now is follow follow till the bitter end! The rangers way with no surrender!! I will never give up on this team, too many unfortunately would!

dont buy the sendings off cost us champions league myself may have been a factor

but it is obvious we lack firepower or we would have done maribor no sendings off there

in the league we have met one half decent side so far and struggled there aswell

next few weeks and games will be a harder test

We have to get behind the manager and the team, the big question which will be answered once the transfer window is closed on Wednesday is has Craig Whyte and the board provided the management team with the proper tools to do a proper job?, or have we still being working on a shoe string budget, which has resulted in our disappointing european results.

With the amount of chances we had in the games against Malmo and Maribor if we had that bit of quality we would be looking forward to european nights at worst in the europa league, thats why I think McCoist is having to work on a shoe string budget, and shop in M&S rather than Harrods.

mccoist is buying in the pound shop not m&s

Anyone that wants to get rid of McCoist should ask themselves why they don't go and support Man Utd or City.

Who would be our manager if it wasn't McCoist ? Forget anyone at a half decent club because our enticing offer would be a squad of 14 and a budget of 1.5M (bougherra and Adam wouldn't have factored in at that point).

Walter says he can do the job - that's good enough for me.

I see the critisism of Europe but Malmo were half way through their season - we would have ran over the top of them if it were January. We actually should have went through but Whittaker and Bougherra fucked it.

Mirbor - depleted and makeshift squad for the first leg, a little better for the second and once again should have went through, we failed to take our chances.

I wouldn't say that's the manager at fault - ok so some of his tactics you could say are questionable, but what other Rangers manager has worked with a budget this low?

Give the man a break and get behind him!

That same squad won us the league last season, surely it must have been good enough to eliminate the fuckin Malmo and Maribor? And the point of Malmo being half way their season is just a poor effort to make an excuse imo. We knew that the new season starts earlier this year, especially the european qualifiers. But yet we didnt do enough to strenghten our squad in time, and then the friendlies started, we were awful at Germany, McCoist was keep telling the fans to be patient about the new signings, and yet tried to get into the CL with Edu-Jig partnership, which will NEVER work and we all know it.

If you look at our european games one by one, you can see some unfortunate circumstances that helped us fail, red cards, missed chances, etc. But overall we were just simply not good enough. And McCoist and the players must share the blame for that. Mostly its him to be blamed imo, because he knew there was something wrong and yet he didnt do a single thing to change it. Ortiz-Jig-Edu-Davis? Why? Just to help us realise that Ortiz is useless on the left side, and our best creative central midfielder is put wide right(not going to talk again about Edu-Jig)? We messed up with our tactics, we messed up with our starting 11 in almost every single european game, we werent confident enough, we lacked attacking options, once again - overall we were poor. And we lost couple of milions cause of that. I can accept if the manager does make a mistake that cost us, but when the truth is right in front of your nose, you have to open your eyes and see it. Well, he finally saw it, but its too late, at least for our european campaign. In SPL we are playing better, but yesterday we were outplayed by a shitty Aberdeen team, which is still not good enough imo, despite the 3 points.

And, finally, every single Rangers fan has the right to worry, moan or cheer for his club if he feels he has to. Its a free forum, as far as i know, and everyone got their opinion on everything. Thats why, for me, to say that if you doubt McCoist you need to follow United or City, is just stupid. I hope McCoist will improve as a manager, he has my backing(for now), but the european fail was a huge one and wont be forgotten easily, at least until he won us 4IAR.

(1) Malmo being half way through their season isn't a poor excuse it's a fact - If we were half way through our season and playing a team which was just starting theirs - I'd bet we'd do better against them.

Yes we didn't strengthen in time - how is that Ally's fault exactly? he had a list the length of your leg, the board never financed or signed them in time.

The team was good enough last season? - Have a look at our team without the blue-tinted specs, now look at the bench. (2) I'm sorry but if you reckon that squad should be a force in Europe you're on the gear. Ok so Walter got the odd result out them, but he also got us several hidings throughout his career as our manager - (3) did you call for his head then too? you probably did and just can't remember or admit it. Every Rangers Manager has struggled in Europe - I seem to remember the Rangers Globe Trotters being 3-0 down at home to Shelbourne at half time, comming out and winning 5-3, while great to watch the fight back it was not what you expect to happen in a miss-matched game. I'm not going to go through the embarrassing defeats but the point is - squad depth wise this team has no plan B on the bench, so with injuries and suspensions you're going to struggle and we did. 4 European games, 2 we should have gubbed them, the team failed to take their chances, that's not ally's fault while he can share a little of the blame.

The idea (4) you want a club legend to be sacked at this stage is a scandel considering the board knew we needed to strangthened and lip-sync'd as much with "we'll spend more than £5M in the first year etc" YET never done it.

(5) Really you are the kind of person that thinks like Vlad Romanov "We should win everygame against everyone no matter what" - not in the real world, changes in manager, small squads, new players rushed in, ALL effect performance and this team is going up through the gears, but come the end of the season when we win the League will you still be calling for his head as manager? because of the first month of his season?.......infact you probably will be because you reckon Mourinho and a spending spree is there somewhere.

You might think i'm being harsh to you but really what will it take for you and some others to see (6) this is the punishment for wastfull spending of the past?

If/When Ally gets his team up and running and it all starts looking good and settled - he's a potential manager for years, like smith was. This is an opportunity in the myre to get something great.

Alternatively we could bring in who? ...... (7) give me a list of managers that would take the job with this budget- what have they achieved? how long would you give them? 1 game because they are experienced?

All well and good to have an opinion - i don't mind that but when that opinion is an LSD reality it doesn't hold.

Ally has my full backing because he knew he'd get this kind of bullshit stepping into Walters shoes - I respect the legend even more than i did before for that reason.

Mon the Gers, I.A.W.T

(1) Could have, would have, should have... Easy, huh? You are actually missing the point. Our biggest problem was that we werent good enough, not because Malmo were in a better condition cause they are in the middle of the swedish season. Because we had to punish that team, even in its best days Malmo is still far from Rangers class. We lacked creativity, passion, pace, discipline and our tactics were woeful, so we got eliminated, not once, but twice in a month by two shitty teams.

(2) A force in Europe? Since when beating teams like Malmo and Maribor makes you a force in Europe? I was just expecting from us, as the stronger team, to beat without much problems. Im sure you expected the same too.

(3) Yes, i did called for Walters head a few times, and i stand by what i said back then, because i had my reasons. Of course, he did won us 3IAR, and for that i am grateful as any other Rangers fan.

(4) No, i dont want McCoist to be sacked, im just pointing the fact that his start as a manager was far from good. Yes, good start in the SPL, but the european disaster against such small teams cannot be ignored. Lets face the facts - 9 games played overall, 4 won, 3 draws, 2 losses. On Europe - 4 games, 2 draws, 2 losses. Against the likes of Malmo and Maribor. You tell me if that looks good enough to you. Because i know it doesnt look good enough to me.

(5) Am i? :lol: Smart, really. I dont expect us to win the CL, but to qualify for it, which, in fact, was a must, considering the teams that we played against.

(6) I agree with you here (tu)

(7) I've seen some folk said few weeks ago saying that we cant find a striker for 2m or less that is better than Lafferty. Now you are talking kinda same thing - we cant find a better and experienced manager than McCoist. Which is obviously, far from the truth. But, as i said, I DONT want him sacked, and i dont want a new manager. Im just not convinced that Ally is the future for this club, because he needs to try to be a manager on his own, not to copy Walter Smiths tactics. But time will tell if im right or wrong. Hopefully the 2nd.

Didna't Wattie loase 2 out his first 3 league games in charge and didn't we get pumped out of Europe early doors his first full season.

we're top of the league and in my opinion the players haven't done themselves justice

Let down in Europe very badly by Whittaker and Bougherra against Malmo and Edu,Broadfoot and Bocanegra against Maribor.

Let down by Whyte in terms of who Ally wanted at the club and let down by some supporters on his fuckin back before the end of the transfer window.

There are plenty of people i would blame before Ally.

We have to get behind the manager and the team, the big question which will be answered once the transfer window is closed on Wednesday is has Craig Whyte and the board provided the management team with the proper tools to do a proper job?, or have we still being working on a shoe string budget, which has resulted in our disappointing european results.

With the amount of chances we had in the games against Malmo and Maribor if we had that bit of quality we would be looking forward to european nights at worst in the europa league, thats why I think McCoist is having to work on a shoe string budget, and shop in M&S rather than Harrods.

i dont think mccoist is "shopping in M&S" either mate, more like aldi or lidls

It makes me laugh when I hear the words that state McCoist does not have enough experience.

Our nine in a row years were mostly mastered by Walter Smith, a person who was not an International player but was influential enough to be brought back to Dundee Utd when he retired from playing in 1978, due to injury. He became a United coach and went on to coach the National U19 and U21 sides, but never made it as an assistant until Souness offered him the role at Rangers, in 1986.

Compare that with Ally, who started his coaching years in 2004 with the National first team and followed Walter to Rangers in 2007, as his assistant. From then, McCoist has been learning from a man we all consider to be a legend for Rangers and it was made clear in 2008 that he was being trained for the managers seat, when Smith would eventually leave.

On top of that comparison, we have Graeme Souness, who most fans raved about when he became our player manager. He had no experience whatsoever, yet was welcomed with open arms. He was berated by many Bears when he opted to leave for Liverpool, simply because he was seen as the flagship manager of a new era at Rangers, after his successful time as manager.

So, here is the comparison:

Walter Smith:

Coach - 8 years spreading one team and two youth National teams

Assistant Manager - 5 years

National Caps - 0

Ally McCoist:

Coach - 3 years as National coach

Assistant Manager - 4 years

National Caps - 61

Graeme Souness:

Coach - 0 years

Assistant Manager - 0 years