Manager Situation

corkinator

Right Ok! I have stated I, like lot of bears did NOT want McCoist near the managers job due to his lack of experience. I do not care that he is an out and out club legend that is beyond reproach!

He made a total arse of europe but is doing pretty well in the league which is our only real competion now.

Basically what I am trying to say is whether we, or the players, like it or not he's here for the foreseable future and he NEEDS the support of every single fan connected with the club.

FFS give the fella a bit of time. He may be winning ugly at the moment but it's better than losing Ugly.

Just sit and think about that last statment.

You know what lets get behind the guy and give him a chance, The reason we are the worlds no 1 club is because we as a whole do not accept 2nd, never have done, never will do. It's correct to question certain aspects of his management but at the end of the day HE is the manager, lets make his job , as a manager, a bit easier by supporting him as supporters.

I agree. We have been utterly disappointing in Europe this season, but we are top of the league just now, have conceded only one goal and scored a few too. The league is our bread and butter, and it is important that we get behind the manager. Any issues we might have just now will be sorted out in time, and I have faith in McCoist to deliver 4 in a row.

McCoist will never have the backing of all our support.

They might deny it, but there is a section of our support who can't wait for the day he leaves so they can give it the "I told you so" treatment.

I realise that mate but were not like the carpark loyal, I cannot remember another Rangers manager to divide the support so soon in his tenure.

We have to get behind the manager and the team, the big question which will be answered once the transfer window is closed on Wednesday is has Craig Whyte and the board provided the management team with the proper tools to do a proper job?, or have we still being working on a shoe string budget, which has resulted in our disappointing european results.

With the amount of chances we had in the games against Malmo and Maribor if we had that bit of quality we would be looking forward to european nights at worst in the europa league, thats why I think McCoist is having to work on a shoe string budget, and shop in M&S rather than Harrods.

They might deny it, but there is a section of our support who can't wait for the day he leaves so they can give it the "I told you so" treatment.

Unlike you to have that kind of view DBBTB.

Personally I think it's a load of shite, anyone wanting something to go wrong to prove themselves correct isn't actually a fan surely.

I think that's a bit unfair most of us want what's best for the club. We have been in financial dire straights recently so it would have made more sense to appoint an experienced man.

I also have to say as well that at least initially he was controversial as a player as well

I think that's a bit unfair most of us want what's best for the club. We have been in financial dire straights recently so it would have made more sense to appoint an experienced man.

I also have to say as well that at least initially he was controversial as a player as well

I've read enough posts on here to suggest otherwise.

Without naming names I think it's safe to say that some posters on here are almost hoping McCoist fails.

Absolute craziness to suggest that some fans want our team to fail, to prove some kind of point.

Everybody wants our team to succeed, that's the reason why some of aren't happy.

I've read and seen enough on here since his appointment to suggest otherwise and there are a few other posters who I am sure are thinking the same.

It's not something I've made up in my head to be controverisal or start an arguement.

Remember a few years ago the amount of 'Walter Smith must go' threads on here. Sir Walter delivered 3 in a row, and this is after a significant element of our support wanted him out the door.

Super is just in the door, and we have had a fair few new faces brought into the squad to replace the fair few we lost, and so you would expect a period of transition while new lads bed in and the squad as a whole get used to the new regime.

As Sir Walter proved you are ultimately judged not by weeks and months but by seasons.

Right Ok! I have stated I, like lot of bears did NOT want McCoist near the managers job due to his lack of experience. I do not care that he is an out and out club legend that is beyond reproach!

He made a total arse of europe but is doing pretty well in the league which is our only real competion now.

Basically what I am trying to say is whether we, or the players, like it or not he's here for the foreseable future and he NEEDS the support of every single fan connected with the club.

FFS give the fella a bit of time. He may be winning ugly at the moment but it's better than losing Ugly.

Just sit and think about that last statment.

You know what lets get behind the guy and give him a chance, The reason we are the worlds no 1 club is because we as a whole do not accept 2nd, never have done, never will do. It's correct to question certain aspects of his management but at the end of the day HE is the manager, lets make his job , as a manager, a bit easier by supporting him as supporters.

Agree 100%

Ally wasnt many peoples first choice but give the guy a chance,he wasnt mine but even though we are out of europe i will gve him at least a season,he deserves that no matter what so people say

The guy was, still is my hero will never forget the goals he scored in the number 9 shirt but i think the job could be to big for him, hope im wrong,Ally bleeds Rangers the club is his life like many of us we just couldnt do without the club and watching them win,its what makes us happy going to work on a Monday morning.

But who thought the same when mr Souness came, he had never been a manager before but came to manage the club he supported as a boy(the same as Ally) from what i can mind he never made the best start sent off on his debut and we lost but we came back and won the league.

Even Walter had a tough start to managing the Gers we had to win our last game after getting pumped off Motherwell the week before and it was one of the most nerve racking days as a Gers suppoter.

So what we all should do is get behind SUPE ALLY and give himthe support he needs for as long as he is the manager i for one will do that even thuogh some wont :21::uk:

McCoist has the tools for the job he just hasn't got a clue how to use them, He has cost the club millions we can't afford to lose with the euro exits.....It shows you how shite the SPL really is when were sitting top...

Outwith the spl we have won 2 friendlies got beaten in 4 friendlies and then the embarrassing disaster which was europe, its fucking shocking if i was Whyte I'd keep my money until McCoist proves his managerial worth.

I've read and seen enough on here since his appointment to suggest otherwise and there are a few other posters who I am sure are thinking the same.

It's not something I've made up in my head to be controverisal or start an arguement.

No you have formed a strong opinion and it's a pretty damning one. From some posts on a messageboard. Football is a emotional game, part of the reason why we all love the game. Due to the ups and downs.

But...No Rangers fan wants our team to fail at any time.

No you have formed a strong opinion and it's a pretty damning one. From some posts on a messageboard. Football is a emotional game, part of the reason why we all love the game. Due to the ups and downs.

But...No Rangers fan wants our team to fail at any time.

Certain people have been on his back since day one and it's always the same people on here time after time after time giving it the same old shit about how he should never have got the job, how he'll be out on his arse by Christmas, how he's well out of his depth and how he's completly clueless.

I'm not saying people want our club to fail. I'm saying some aren't willing to give McCoist a fair chance to be a success.

I stand by that opinion and I will argue that point with you all night if you want (although I'm about to log off) :P

Certain people have been on his back since day one and it's always the same people on here time after time after time giving it the same old shit about how he should never have got the job, how he'll be out on his arse by Christmas, how he's well out of his depth and how he's completly clueless.

I'm not saying people want our club to fail. I'm saying some aren't willing to give McCoist a fair chance to be a success.

I stand by that opinion and I will argue that point with you all night if you want (although I'm about to log off) :P

I also stand by my point, we'll need to agree to disagree on this :cheers:

You can have a strong opinion either way on footballing matters. But nobody wants anybody connected with our club to fail, especially our Manager. Cause it effects everybody, especially us fans.

I think its a lot to do with the fear of the unknown with Ally by that I mean most would have liked to have seen Ally prove himself with another team and if he was a success then coming home to Ibrox having cut his teeth elsewhere. We all known if we dont win the league then the tarriers will and there-in lays the problem, we just cant bare to be second best to them, unfortuntely its going to happen from time to time.

Personally I hope McCoist succeeds because that will mean Rangers are winning things, at the end of the day Ally is one of us and anyone who wants him to fail should go and follow the mhanky mob over the east end as they are no friend of Rangers.

9 games into the job n cunts want him out, imo its a fucking disgrace. every1 knew smith was leaving a small squad behind that was full of players who are not good enuff for the gers(that smith managed to get to win ugly).

its a rebuilding job that needs/is being done/started. he needs time and money to sort it out both of which he is unlikely to see.

ffs pep gaurdiola couldny make us into a decent team with the budget/squad mccoist was left.

imo if he manages to win us the spl then he will have done a fine job in his rookie year.