When Ally Used To Work As A Tv Pundit.

I used to listen to his half time analysis, and he'd be talking about some team having to do this and do that, and think he had a good understanding of the game and what was needed for a team to go forward in a match.

After working with Walter for 5 years, I shudder to think what he is now telling our players at half time. He is either telling them a pile of keech, or they don't have a clue what he is talking about.

Ally either needs to improve his communication to the players, or rethink his philosophy of how we should be playing...because his punditry made more sense than the dross that his players seem to think he wants.

The difference is 9/10 teams he was analysing were better than us, had larger budgets than us and werent Scottish.

I shudder to think where we would be if any of the resident tactical geniuses on this forum were in charge of our club. Certainly not in the 3-in-a-row, top of the league position we're in just now.

I shudder to think where we would be if any of the resident tactical geniuses on this forum were in charge of our club. Certainly not in the 3-in-a-row, top of the league position we're in just now.

I don't know how to break this to you, but we've been pumped out of Europe by 2 teams we shouldn't see in our road, and are playing like the players don't know what a football is.

What dose that have to do with analysing a match?

What I meant was that Ally may well envisage his teams playing a certain way but is hindered by the fact that they are pretty bad footballers and cant. Add into the fact that at Rangers you MUST win I can understand why he is playing the safe and cautious way until he can bring in a few more of his own players.

I don't know how to break this to you, but we've been pumped out of Europe by 2 teams we shouldn't see in our road, and are playing like the players don't know what a football is.

I know. We've played that way for 3 years though. It's not going to change for the foreseeable future.

What I meant was that Ally may well envisage his teams playing a certain way but is hindered by the fact that they are pretty bad footballers and cant. Add into the fact that at Rangers you MUST win I can understand why he is playing the safe and cautious way until he can bring in a few more of his own players.

I know. We've played that way for 3 years though. It's not going to change for the foreseeable future.

That's all very well, as long as you can tell me how St Mirren can pass the tarriers off the park, and the Sheep can pass us into oblivion in the second half of our game.

You can point to the fact that both teams I mentioned got beaten, but it doesn't take away from the fact these two teams, who have FAR inferior players to Rangers, can pass a football like a real team...

...unlike us.

I think one of the reasons he worked well as a number 2 to Walter was that they were very different people but Walters natural caution seems to have spiked his positiveness. So probably his best chance of success is if he can get back in touch with that because it does rub off on players

That's all very well, as long as you can tell me how St Mirren can pass the tarriers off the park, and the Sheep can pass us into oblivion in the second half of our game.

You can point to the fact that both teams I mentioned got beaten, but it doesn't take away from the fact these two teams, who have FAR inferior players to Rangers, can pass a football like a real team...

...unlike us.

The simple answer is we dont have any decent coaches sadly. I remember under Dick Advocaat there was a game where Colin Hendry was using the old Scottish trait of hoofing the ball up the park instead of playing to a team mate and he was bereated by the wee general and rightly so, we passed the ball in those days and were a joy to watch, but unfortunately since Walter, Ally and co came back we seem to go back to the punt it up the park and see what happens which frankly dont work, and havent workedin a long time.

It seems our manager doesnt trust the team to just pass the ball, and the coaches dont know how to teach the quick pass and move kind of football we should be playing kind of how we played against St Johnstone, we need a decent coach in our backroom staff, If we could get one of the former Dutch players in it'd be ideal.

The simple answer is we dont have any decent coaches sadly. I remember under Dick Advocaat there was a game where Colin Hendry was using the old Scottish trait of hoofing the ball up the park instead of playing to a team mate and he was bereated by the wee general and rightly so, we passed the ball in those days and were a joy to watch, but unfortunately since Walter, Ally and co came back we seem to go back to the punt it up the park and see what happens which frankly dont work, and havent workedin a long time.

It seems our manager doesnt trust the team to just pass the ball, and the coaches dont know how to teach the quick pass and move kind of football we should be playing kind of how we played against St Johnstone, we need a decent coach in our backroom staff, If we could get one of the former Dutch players in it'd be ideal.

There is some truth in this.

Our players seem to have no coaching at all, or some very bad coaching.

If the team doesn't show some sign of direction pretty soon, then I think we should be looking at their jobs. When our players don't even know who is in charge of a set piece, then we have a real problem...apart from anything else.

Our recent performances in Europe would make you think we aren't doing the simple things well enough

We played decent football under Walter in the past....but in his latter years it was 99% brute force more than technique.

It cant be the players cant pass a ball, they must have been able to at one time to get where they are.

It HAS to be the coaching philosophy at Murray Park!

I have played there, and it is exceptional. But yet we dont work on passes and we dont organise set pieces.

Just dont understand! Seems the coaches dont think our squad is good enough to show a bit of technical ability to be arsed to work on it as a team.

Does anyone ever think what could have been if PLG was given the cash Walter was given.

If what we have read is true and we were in for Juhasz,Goodwillie,Vorboek etc and had a side of Mac,Whit,Juhasz,Goian,Wallace,Verboek,Davis,Naismith,Wylde,Goodwillie,Jelavic then things would most probably be very different at this time..Ally has to take some of the blame as does the players but Mr Whyte promised us cash and quality and it hasn't happened.

If we had paid the money in July we would be in the CL still IMO..To lay the blame solely at Ally's door is wrong.

I used to listen to his half time analysis, and he'd be talking about some team having to do this and do that, and think he had a good understanding of the game and what was needed for a team to go forward in a match.

After working with Walter for 5 years, I shudder to think what he is now telling our players at half time. He is either telling them a pile of keech, or they don't have a clue what he is talking about.

Ally either needs to improve his communication to the players, or rethink his philosophy of how we should be playing...because his punditry made more sense than the dross that his players seem to think he wants.

It must be terrible learning from one of our most successful managers how daft is that he maybe should have asked advice from your pal lennon.

...unlike us.

when the pressures of passings easy. its winning and scoring goals that's hard not passing. fuck I can pass the ball 20 yards with 100% accuracy.

when the pressures of passings easy. its winning and scoring goals that's hard not passing. fuck I can pass the ball 20 yards with 100% accuracy.

We don't have many players that are comfy taking the ball when being closed down by defenders, not many who are good in tight spaces.

I do get the impression that we do little ball-work at Murray Park. If anything, the likes of Edu and McCulloch have got worse with the ball at their feet in the time they've spent here.

We don't have many players that are comfy taking the ball when being closed down by defenders, not many who are good in tight spaces.

I do get the impression that we do little ball-work at Murray Park. If anything, the likes of Edu and McCulloch have got worse with the ball at their feet in the time they've spent here.

if you told them to get the ball down and play football no matter what the consequences like st johnston st mirren etc they would do great at it.

we probably wouldnt win the league but we would easily out pass st mirren and aberdeen.

i suspect your right about the ball work.