Did The 3iar Players Throw Away Legendary Status?

And frustrating at times.

Nevertheless, the victories and titles they managed to pull out of the bag against all the odds, were some of the most crucial in the history of Rangers...and most exhilarating.

Agreed and they were 3 great titles to win with Walter doing a fantastic job.

Only Davie Weir and Allan McGregor deserve legend status out of the 3IAR team in my opinion. Davis might get there in time if he ever gets a good level consistency. He was fantastic throughout 3IAR but needs more consistency.

Don't underestimate the Walter Smith factor. He was the real legend in rebuilding us and our pride and destroying Celtic.

But as long as the players keep beating the filth ridden kiddy fiddling bastards then they are legends.

McGregor and Weir are the only two I'd consider, thus far. Maybe Davis, because sometimes we forget how much worse off our midfield is when he's not in there.

Weir's decision to stay on might lessen his Legendary status, as he should have gone out a winner.

McGregor and Weir are the only two I'd consider, thus far. Maybe Davis, because sometimes we forget how much worse off our midfield is when he's not in there.

Weir's decision to stay on might lessen his Legendary status, as he should have gone out a winner.

Whittaker, Papac, Lafferty, Naisy, are all in there among others.

Saving The Rangers from oblivion is not to be sniffed at, and neither is the rare event of getting to 3 or 4 in a row.

If you don't get legendary status at Rangers for 3 titles on the trot, soon to be 4, and saving the club from going bust, how DO you earn it?

Whittaker, Papac, Lafferty, Naisy, are all in there among others.

Now I know you're at the pisstake.

Whittaker - Eh? What exactly has he done to warrant "legendary status" during 3IAR?

Papac - The best of the PLG era.... would be closest to Shagger and Weir, but not quite "legendary"

Lafferty - Aside from 4 or 5 games at the end of the seasons, done fuck all.

Naismith - Far too inconsistent early on, ran about like a headless chicken for a couple of seasons and correct me if I'm wrong but didn't he spend much of season 1 and 2 of 3IAR injured?

Now I know you're at the pisstake.

Whittaker - Eh? What exactly has he done to warrant "legendary status" during 3IAR?

Papac - The best of the PLG era.... would be closest to Shagger and Weir, but not quite "legendary"

Lafferty - Aside from 4 or 5 games at the end of the seasons, done fuck all.

Naismith - Far too inconsistent early on, ran about like a headless chicken for a couple of seasons and correct me if I'm wrong but didn't he spend much of season 1 and 2 of 3IAR injured?

Pisstake how?

Add a few players to your list of non contributors, and we'll end up with SDoW winning 3IAR on his own.

The players mentioned were the mainstays of 3IAR. If we can't give them credit for it, then who do we give it to? Mowbray and the Lurgan bigot for being thick monkeys?

I'd rather not. I'd rather give it to the guys who played week in and week out, and overcame the odds to write themselves into Rangers folklore.