Free Transfers

semaan9

With the transfer window shut and in need of a striker we should be looking at bringing someone in on a free, just on a short term basis. Even just for cover until we can spend some money to bring someone in.

I don't know how accurate it is, it's probably all bullshit, but I was searching through transfermarkt.co.uk looking at the free agents and thought a few could probably fit in the squad or just act as back-up. A couple are surely better than the cover we have in David Healy.

First off; Zlatan Muslimovic, 30, Bosnian, Caps: 27 Goals: 11.

He played 21 games last season, over half of which was from the bench, for POAK only scoring 2 goals.

He's quite injury prone but on a short term deal shouldn't be too much of a worry.

For what it's worth his stats aren't too shabby in FM aswell.

Next up; Eddie Johnson, 27, American, Caps: 42 Goals: 12.

He hasn't scored since the 09/10 season when he netted 5 in 21 for Aris.

Another Yank couldn't hurt and maybe playing along his fellow countrymen would give him a little confidence boost.

Next; Sone Aluko, 22, Nigerian, Caps: 1.

A total of 7 goals in 82 appearances for Aberdeen.

From the few times I've seen him I thought he was pretty shit but I heard he is/was on trial with Juventus so he should be worth a shout.

Couldn't find a video. I only threw him into the mix 'cause of the Juve thing so don't pay too much attention to this one.

Lastly; Craig Fagan, 28, English.

No goals in 5 games last season and only in 2 in 26 the season before.

Can't say I've seen much of him either but he's another with decent FM stats, not like it's worth much though.

Also couldn't find a highlights vid.

They don't score much but maybe, with the exception of Aluko, that could be different in the SPL.

IMO the first two would be better options than Healy and with International teammates already at the club they'd most likely be happy to sign.

I'm quite tired and this is all probably just shit but it could be worth looking in to.

Muslimovic was on mega bucks at paok was he not ?

Doubt he would accept a wage much lower in scotland

I think he was on about 500k a year, so roughly 10k-11k weekly.

I'd like to think he'd accept a little more than half of that.

It couldn't hurt to have him for a year.

With the transfer window shut and in need of a striker we should be looking at bringing someone in on a free, just on a short term basis. Even just for cover until we can spend some money to bring someone in.

I don't know how accurate it is, it's probably all bullshit, but I was searching through transfermarkt.co.uk looking at the free agents and thought a few could probably fit in the squad or just act as back-up. A couple are surely better than the cover we have in David Healy.

First off; Zlatan Muslimovic, 30, Bosnian, Caps: 27 Goals: 11.

He played 21 games last season, over half of which was from the bench, for POAK only scoring 2 goals.

He's quite injury prone but on a short term deal shouldn't be too much of a worry.

For what it's worth his stats aren't too shabby in FM aswell.

Next up; Eddie Johnson, 27, American, Caps: 42 Goals: 12.

He hasn't scored since the 09/10 season when he netted 5 in 21 for Aris.

Another Yank couldn't hurt and maybe playing along his fellow countrymen would give him a little confidence boost.

Next; Sone Aluko, 22, Nigerian, Caps: 1.

A total of 7 goals in 82 appearances for Aberdeen.

From the few times I've seen him I thought he was pretty shit but I heard he is/was on trial with Juventus so he should be worth a shout.

Couldn't find a video. I only threw him into the mix 'cause of the Juve thing so don't pay too much attention to this one.

Lastly; Craig Fagan, 28, English.

No goals in 5 games last season and only in 2 in 26 the season before.

Can't say I've seen much of him either but he's another with decent FM stats, not like it's worth much though.

Also couldn't find a highlights vid.

They don't score much but maybe, with the exception of Aluko, that could be different in the SPL.

IMO the first two would be better options than Healy and with International teammates already at the club they'd most likely be happy to sign.

I'm quite tired and this is all probably just shit but it could be worth looking in to.

Yeah your right it is shit

Bobby Nohoper. USA. 34 Years Old.

Hasn't scored since 2000/2001 but he did score 3 in 32 that season. Been injured most of the time but might be worth a shout as he has a 20 for shooting and 18 for composure on FM!

Geoffrey Sliceshot. South Africa. 32 Years Old.

Scored 2 in 2 games at the start of 06/07 campaign in the Ugandan 2nd division. Although he lost his right leg in a motorbiking accident 3 years ago now he might be worth a shout as he is left footed anyway! Scored 20 in a season for Kansas City Wizards in my FM08.

Ntaka Bomgura. Kenya. 29 Years Old.

Although Ntaka has never played football professionally he is an oustanding runner. I'm sure we could use this pace to our advantage and get him to control a ball whilst he does it. He's never been in FM but if he was i'm sure he'd have a 20 for pace and 18/20 for acceleration! I edited Lionel Messi's name in FM10 to 'Ntaka Bomgura' and he scored 58 goals in 52 games in the first season, so could be worth a shout.

Jean Pierre Moustache. France. 31 Years Old.

Jean Pierre has been without a club since March 2008 when he died. Even though he died FM08 still has his shooting at 16 and his flair at 17. Don't know much more about him but could be worth a shot!

I admire the thought behind the post but c'mon!! We already have Healy and just got rid of Beattie. We don't need another passenger!

Hasn't scored since 2000/2001 but he did score 3 in 32 that season. Been injured most of the time but might be worth a shout as he has a 20 for shooting and 18 for composure on FM!

Scored 2 in 2 games at the start of 06/07 campaign in the Ugandan 2nd division. Although he lost his right leg in a motorbiking accident 3 years ago now he might be worth a shout as he is left footed anyway! Scored 20 in a season for Kansas City Wizards in my FM08.

Although Ntaka has never played football professionally he is an oustanding runner. I'm sure we could use this pace to our advantage and get him to control a ball whilst he does it. He's never been in FM but if he was i'm sure he'd have a 20 for pace and 18/20 for acceleration! I edited Lionel Messi's name in FM10 to 'Ntaka Bomgura' and he scored 58 goals in 52 games in the first season, so could be worth a shout.

Jean Pierre has been without a club since March 2008 when he died. Even though he died FM08 still has his shooting at 16 and his flair at 17. Don't know much more about him but could be worth a shot!

I admire the thought behind the post but c'mon!! We already have Healy and just got rid of Beattie. We don't need another passenger!

:lol::clap:

Hahahaha

Jean Pierre Moustache

:lol: :lol: i have got tears streaming down my face here. Brilliant mate

Btw seman. I think you have maybe posted that with a mouth full of the stuff :sherlock:

:lol: Ahaha. I realise how stupid the post was now that I've woken up a bit, almost to the point of embarrassment fs.

Bomgura sounds like a wonderful talent btw. :P

Laughed so much when I read this.

Belter!

One of the funniest posts I've ever read on here. :lol:(tu)

In all serioiusness I've been wondering the same, whether that now the window is shut are there any obvious free agents that might be worth a punt. Never heard of the ones in the original post but don't like the sound of any of them I'm afraid!

Now this has been suggested and shot down countless times before, and with good reason too, but considering he commands zero transfer fee I really do think McFadden would be worth the risk just now.

He's obviously had his fair share of injury problems and also been on a high wage, so I would ONLY like to see us get him in if he could prove his fitness in a medical and would accept a wage of about 12k.

He's without a club though and might well just be desparate to get back playing again so you never know.

On his day he is a game-changer, and has more ability than anyone else at the club barring maybe Davis and Jelavic. We are short up front as after Jelavic we only really have Lafferty and Naismith, who are often playing WITH Jelavic anyway, and Healy.

McFadden is 10x better than Lafferty when he's fit, it's the question mark over his fitness which would be the only concern for me. As I said though, there would be NO transfer fee involved and free agents are the only option we have now until January.

I think he'd be worth the punt.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8V-0tEM-SR0

:wink: