Claudio Reyna

Antonio85

Hiya, I'm a Sunderland fan first and foremost, wondering what did you all think of Claudio? At Sunderland he was injury prone, then got a very nasty cruciate. He did in his time at the Stadium of Light show glimpses of being a world class player. I wish we had a player of this quality now.

Is he a rangers legend or just another ex player? wonder what hes up to now? I'd say he was a class act and in hindsight the first time ever a mid table prem team could take an old firm player at his peak.

He played in one of the strongest ever Rangers teams, and never looked out of place. Scored some important goals in his time as well. If he was in our current squad, he'd be touted as "legend" material but because we were spoiled for choice back then, there would've been less emphasis on getting him in the hall of fame.

FTM

Great ball control, excellent vision, very commanding and was always showing why he was captain of the colonials.

Spoiled for choice back then but he if still played now, he'd be in the same bracket as Van Der Vaart. He could change a game sometimes.

Him and Barry together was just amazing to watch....oh how i miss it.

He thought your shite was bigger than the Rangers, you arent he goes down as another money chasing wank! Enjoy going up and down like a whores drawers!

We're not bigger in a million years. It must have been for the cash. I never knew there was bad blood on the way out? For us at the time it was a surprise to get a player from Rangers, now we'd expect to. Thats no reflection of the size of the 2 clubs, all about money and how in time its changed.

I wish we could have claudio of 2001 in our team right now in 2011.

We're not bigger in a million years. It must have been for the cash. I never knew there was bad blood on the way out? For us at the time it was a surprise to get a player from Rangers, now we'd expect to. Thats no reflection of the size of the 2 clubs, all about money and how in time its changed.

I wish we could have claudio of 2001 in our team right now in 2011.

Yup Reyna was quoted as saying at the time you guys were a bigger club. In terms of history you still aint bigger nor in terms of fan base but in everything else you are at the moment,

I dont like Sunderland but i dont like any other EPL side either. I just cant be fucked now that Wigan, Sunderland, Chelsea, Bolton, Blackburn, WBA, Aston Villa etc can attract better players than us and all because the leauge we play in

He played in one of the strongest ever Rangers teams, and never looked out of place. Scored some important goals in his time as well. If he was in our current squad, he'd be touted as "legend" material but because we were spoiled for choice back then, there would've been less emphasis on getting him in the hall of fame.

FTM

I would pretty much agree with this.

Out of curiosity, whats your opinion of Craig Gordon? (thats to the OP by the way...)

Very good player who went about his business quietly and confidently.

Chose the same team over Rangers as those other money chasing wanks, Baxter and McCoist. ;)

haha did mcoist turn down rangers for us initially? He was a flop down here, a little before my time...I'm 25. From what I've heard though he didnt get a fair crack after and a lot wasn't his fault. Baxter is known as a legend at Sunderland.

I would pretty much agree with this.

Out of curiosity, whats your opinion of Craig Gordon? (thats to the OP by the way...)

Gordon divides the Sunderland fans, many of them dislike him and don't rate him. I think he's a class goalkeeper, great technique, I'd have him first choice. So injury prone though, made of glass! I hope he gets fit, if not he'll leave on a free next summer. Only criticism is hes a little soft and quiet for a goalkeeper. Was bullied away at Stoke last season. Overall though a class goalkeeper and hope he stays.

haha did mcoist turn down rangers for us initially? He was a flop down here, a little before my time...I'm 25. From what I've heard though he didnt get a fair crack after and a lot wasn't his fault. Baxter is known as a legend at Sunderland.

Yes, McCoist turned us down twice before signing, but he was still young. Baxter did well for you but he was done when he left for Forest.