Behold...

Davey_RFC

scoring a hat-trick on the final game of the season to beat the opponents you are playing, to determine who gets into the CL and who gets into the UEFA cup is one thing

but to top it off with THAT goal was simply breathtaking, he was simply one of the greatest players in the world at that time,

Also remember how good the Barca v Valencia games used to be, especially a goal like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVRru7CGqQI

scoring a hat-trick on the final game of the season to beat the opponents you are playing, to determine who gets into the CL and who gets into the UEFA cup is one thing

but to top it off with THAT goal was simply breathtaking, he was simply one of the greatest players in the world at that time,

Also remember how good the Barca v Valencia games used to be, especially a goal like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVRru7CGqQI

And then he went to England and was shite

I was watching one of those "Most ridiculous world cup moments'" programmes last year you know them pishy ones they show clips of things and then theres a bunch of complete know it all arseholes like daniel sloss or rory magrath taking the piss out of it as if they are in any way succesful , and it showed rivaldos dive in the 2002 world cup when a turkish guy booted the ball at him an dthen some utter fucking idiot said "Rivaldo will always be remembered as the guy who dived when a ball was kicked at him at the corner flag".... No thats not what he'll be remembered by you complete fucking idiot!! These shows make me sick!

I was watching one of those "Most ridiculous world cup moments'" programmes last year you know them pishy ones they show clips of things and then theres a bunch of complete know it all arseholes like daniel sloss or rory magrath taking the piss out of it as if they are in any way succesful , and it showed rivaldos dive in the 2002 world cup when a turkish guy booted the ball at him an dthen some utter fucking idiot said "Rivaldo will always be remembered as the guy who dived when a ball was kicked at him at the corner flag".... No thats not what he'll be remembered by you complete fucking idiot!! These shows make me sick!

That shockin dive is pretty memorable tho...not far from my mind when you mention his name. It does tarnish his reputation if you ask me

That shockin dive is pretty memorable tho...not far from my mind when you mention his name. It does tarnish his reputation if you ask me

It really was horrible, what a fucking moron he was for doing it!! I like remember great playersfor the right reasons though!

He was never a much loved player anyway, for god knows what reason. I seem to remember he was quite unpopular with the Barcelona support for a variety of absurd reasons and Brazil fans resented that he supposedly played better for Barcelona than Brazil (I mean, it's not like he helped them to successive world cup finals, winning one of them, eh?). So all in all he was praised for his skills, not his likeability or professionalism.

Even at that his skills could be slightly underrated? Never really see his named mentioned as one of the best players of the recent era. Fantastic footballer and I have to agree that his dive does come to mind when his name is mentioned, whilst I don't directly think about Zidane's final match incident when his name comes up. Strange.

Yeah, it's weird that. As an all-round player in my opinion he was better than Ronaldo, and still scored a ridiculous number of goals too. His reputation seemed to drop off completely after the world cup when it didn't work out at Milan, even though he still had bags of ability.

Remember when Martin O'Neill wanted to sign him?

"Peter Harrison, Rivaldo's agent, was reported saying: "One agent has been trying to entice him to Celtic but Rivaldo is not interested in playing in Scottish football - and he thinks Rangers is a bigger club anyway."

Good man.

Actually, when I saw this threads sub-title I instantly thought of when he went down in the world cup.

While that overhead goal was a cracker, to be fair, you wont have an easier/better chance of scoring one than that.