"i've Just Written A £1m Cheque For James Beattie"

TerryButchersDoor

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

"Rangers fans call for the release of striker james beattie".

"Rangers fans fury as chairman Craig Whyte buys-off contract of James Beattie".

Make your mind up. Some people will never win.

You've pointed out two opposing headlines. Headlines which you might well have plucked out of your mind. Well done. Now what's that got to do with me? Headlines don't speak for me.

You've pointed out two opposing headlines. Headlines which you might well have plucked out of your mind. Well done. Now what's that got to do with me? Headlines don't speak for me.

I made them up. Surely you could not have wanted to keep james beattie?

All I'm sayong is on deadline day all I heard was get beattie to fuck etc and now we are about to have a 10 page thread about how craig whyte was wrong to get rid of james fucking beattie.

Could it be that having to either keep james beattie or buy-out his contract at 1 million a year is the reason we didn't sign another striker?

Either way James Beattie would collect 1 million.

We will never know. But why pay a guy off early when we are short for strikers?

He has saved money by getting shot of him now. Bonuses alone would have probably been about £500,000 not too mention his actualy wages over the year

This (tu).

But wait Craig whyte did it, therefore it's automatically the wrong thing to do, therefore he has no money, therefore we are going to sink. We are all doomed I tell you.

Things are so clear now, even though I have no past knowledge or experience I can criticise craig whyte because he has no money. I have no proof but I just know.

"that's money pissed away" was the quote. Surely he could have went on loan somewhere. 1 million seems a lot...

Given he still doesn't have a club, I'd imagine getting someone to take him on loan would have been difficult, unless we were going to pay the bulk of his wages.

With regards keeping him, if McCoist wanted him, I'm sure he'd have stayed.

Let's face it; the summer transfer window,unofficial telephone bids for players,wage negotiations,no semblance of a strategy off field and onfield point to our new regime,Russell,Smith,McCoist being completely out of their depth.Whyte,himself,now seems to be backtracking or perhaps trying to take control back from those he recently appointed.

Th Beattie pay off just follows on from the pay off to Velicka and the pay off to Webster who was a huge drain on finances,wages,medical bills and the wages we paid while he played elsewhere.

Somehow,someone needs to take control,make and follow a business plan for the club and a stable policy to develop the playing side.