Falkirk - The 2nd Worst Result In Scottish Football History?

Colonel Mustard

After Berwick Rangers, I can't think of a worst humiliation in Scottish football.

The champions of Scotland being dumped out of the League Cup by 1st division opposition is bad enough, but when it's Rangers, it's an absolute howler.

This has nothing on celtic V Arthurlie, Clyde, Ross County, or any of the rest.

It's also in another stratosphere when compared to all of the Sheep embarrassments over the year.

I hope Ally can get our act together to get over this, and the double is now our destiny for the season, but Jesus Christ, to have the second worst result in Scottish football history is something for which he has a lot of making up to do.

PS. Ally, if you're watching...I've said it before, and it's now a good time to say it again...McCulloch will cost you your job. Please open your eyes.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think he will as well, but not because he deserves to start, which is the infuriating bit about it.

Im of the opinion that he wont mate, i think ally rates edu more than mculloch, and he'll start with davis.

Can anyone tell me how bedoya or healy looked tonight? As previously posted, i had a game tonight so didnt even know the score till we came off the park.

Well, that's probably him "match fit" now.

Let's hope it's not a sunny day...I don't much like seeing him chasing those shadows.

The thing that annoys me more than anything about mcculloch, is his body language after he plays the easiest pass in football, the long, high, switch of play out wide, usually to whittaker, that does fuck all but put pressure on the recieving player. Watch him next time he does it, he swaggers across the lark like hes a young barry ferguson. Ferguson played that ball, but he was good enough to put a bit of spin on the ball, allowing the player to run onto the fuckin pass, instead of fighting to control and keep it. He offers absolutely nothing, and the fact he plays that pass thinkin its actually of any use is frightening. And dont get me started on the droppin deep to take the ball from the centre back

Im of the opinion that he wont mate, i think ally rates edu more than mculloch, and he'll start with davis.

Can anyone tell me how bedoya or healy looked tonight? As previously posted, i had a game tonight so didnt even know the score till we came off the park.

Bedoya looked OK, or he looked like he will be OK. Healy could join Beattie any time.

A team going out of a cup competition losing 3-2 to a team one division below them is the 2nd worst result in scottish football history?Cannot say I agree with that.Like everyone else I find this result dissapointing we have had Malmo,Maribor and now this.I just hope Ally and our backroom staff are learning from their mistakes.The team that was put out should have been sufficient to beat Falkirk.We now wont have as many fixtures so barring injuries and suspensions we may not need to use some of our players that bulk up the squad.Perhaps in January we will let some of the deadwood leave and bring in some fresh blood or give our own youth a chance.

After Berwick Rangers, I can't think of a worst humiliation in Scottish football.

The champions of Scotland being dumped out of the League Cup by 1st division opposition is bad enough, but when it's Rangers, it's an absolute howler.

This has nothing on celtic V Arthurlie, Clyde, Ross County, or any of the rest.

It's also in another stratosphere when compared to all of the Sheep embarrassments over the year.

I hope Ally can get our act together to get over this, and the double is now our destiny for the season, but Jesus Christ, to have the second worst result in Scottish football history is something for which he has a lot of making up to do.

You, and your bumchums should just fuck off.

You already showed that you talk shit (promising to never post again if WE won the league under Walter Smith).

:wanker:

Bedoya was average, and Healey was hardly involved.

McCoist got this wrong, and is on the end of another humiliation under his control, to go with the Malmo and Maribor humiliations.

After a couple of months, these humiliations are starting to mount up, which is worrying.

It's not like it's hard to spot where it's all going wrong...not even to those who aren't qualified to be football managers.

Anyone remeber the night richard cadette scored a double at ibrox? By fuck that was a low point for me. How'd we do that season again?

The difference between that result and this humiliation is, that in that season, Falkirk finished 5th in the Premier League, just 3 points behind the tarriers.

This season, they are in the lower divisions.

Humiliation for Rangers. 2nd worst cup exit in Scottish football, probably.

The difference between that result and this humiliation is, that in that season, Falkirk finished 5th in the Premier League, just 3 points behind the tarriers.

This season, they are in the lower divisions.

Humiliation for Rangers. 2nd worst cup exit in Scottish football, probably.

Ive maybe made the impression that i think the two results were equally bad, i didnt mean that at all, it just brought back some bad memories. Sayin falkirk finished just 3points behind celtic isnt really relevant though, that was the worst tim team ive ever had the pleasure of watching. I'll be honest though, initially i thought the "2nd worst cup exit in scotiish football history" was a bit of fishing. Im startin to think your actually being serious now, which is rediculous,