David Templeton

albertz loyal

If people watched templeton week in week out rather that just match highlights theyd not be so keen on him. Bit more tricky than Wylde but in terms of end product he's even more inconsistent.

Just said that.

Wylde is quicker and has a better end product.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Like he did in England? Oh wait he's another plodder who stands out in the spl but was shite at a higher level

So the measuring stick for a player we sign is how they did in England and not the League we play in?

It happens all the time, Adam was pish up here and was amazing down there and so was Jason Scotland.

Skacel would be a good addition.

Would say the exact same applies to Fraser Fyvie and James Dayton.

Templeton has impressed me more than those two, but as I said before he is very inconsistent and he does not regularly start for Hearts. Whilst Fyvie is only a kid but playing the odd good game for an absolute awful Aberdeen team won't make me claim he is this wonderkid who we should go out and sign.

I disagree about Fyvie but agree about Dayton. I wouldn't say Fyvie's only had the odd good game at all. He's in a terrible team but is still their best player by a country mile and even at Ibrox, caused us problems.

Would not say he caused too many problems. Templeton tearing Whittaker apart has caused us problems, Fyvie done okay passing the ball about but nothing of real notice or ripped us open. Would argue us dropping deep gave him extra time on the ball and his through passes were pretty poor at Ibrox recently.

Started about 25 games for Aberdeen in the league and in many of those games Aberdeen were beaten and failed to score. Unless you have watched many Aberdeen games and can give me examples? Which would then make my point invalid. Seems a few on here rave about Fyvie and I would be very surprised if they have watched him more than 5 times live.

Even read Aberdeen fans being split on him and stating he is made out to be better than his actual ability because the team is so poor, from my times seeing him he never really impressed me THAT highly to suggest he is going to be a top player and Rangers should sign him.

Well I would disagree. Found space between the midfield and defence and was the fulcrum of all their good moves. Which there was quite a lot of as they were the better team for a lot of the match.

Seeing as one of my best pals is an Aberdeen fan and seen at least highlights of all of their matches this season, I'd say I've seen quite a lot of him. Their best player against St Johnstone where he hit the post, did well against us, and scored a great goal against Dunfermline. For a young player coming back from a very serious injury who has also missed 2 games this season because of Scotland U19 games, I think he's done well.

I'm not trying to overrate him. I just think he's a very talented prospect who will move onto better things very soon if he stays fit.

Play was mostly in-front of our defence, as I said his final ball let him down.We gifted Vernon a chance from a long ball and the only other chance I remember was when Foster hit the bar. Aberdeen controlled the game at times but we created better chances and had about 60% possession(although that did surprise me) The boy was neat and tidy but did nothing special to get some of the praise he received.

Highlights are not a true judge of a footballers performance, it's like watching youtube especially on sportscene when it's like 3-4 minutes long. You're smart enough to understand the massive difference between 90 minutes and highlights.

The boy has potential but I don't think he stands out like some suggest, stand by my original point that people will have hardly watched him for full 90 minutes regularly, which was what the previous poster stated about David Templeton.

Actually reminds me of Fleck with the over-hyped comments that was next to the boy at a young age. Time will tell but I'll be massively surprised if the boy becomes as good as some people on Rangers Media suggest.

Each to their own mate, where is Richard Foster when you need him. :pipe:

Completely understand your points and I'm not saying he's the new Messi but I think he's a very talented young prospect.

Of course highlights won't be enough to tell you everything about the player but it is enough for me to suggest he has talent and is their best player.

I thought Fleck was brilliant when he first broke into the team. So direct, beating players for fun but he looks to have lost all confidence. A loan move would be best I think.

Would not say he caused too many problems. Templeton tearing Whittaker apart has caused us problems, Fyvie done okay passing the ball about but nothing of real notice or ripped us open. Would argue us dropping deep gave him extra time on the ball and his through passes were pretty poor at Ibrox recently.

Started about 25 games for Aberdeen in the league and in many of those games Aberdeen were beaten and failed to score. Unless you have watched many Aberdeen games and can give me examples? Which would then make my point invalid. Seems a few on here rave about Fyvie and I would be very surprised if they have watched him more than 5 times live.

Even read Aberdeen fans being split on him and stating he is made out to be better than his actual ability because the team is so poor, from my times seeing him he never really impressed me THAT highly to suggest he is going to be a top player and Rangers should sign him.

There are too many tearing Whittaker apart these days...it's becoming no big deal.

That speaks more about Whittaker's limitations than it does those who rip him a new arse every so often.

I've never been impressed with his defensive capablities.

There are too many tearing Whittaker apart these days...it's becoming no big deal.

That speaks more about Whittaker's limitations than it does those who rip him a new arse every so often.

I've never been impressed with his defensive capablities.

Exactly.

If Whittaker just kept things simple going up the wing we would open up more defences. When Bedoya got his first start, Whittaker wouldn't give him the fucking ball, even though the guy had found plenty of space.

Then fans were saying Bedoya wasn't up to much. All because Whittaker thinks he's a fucking class act with the ball at his feet.

We've all played with these guys that, once some cunt patters them up they think they're superstars, only to watch them fucking give the ball away countless times.

I would play Broadfoot every time before him. Better defender and no delusions of grandeur.