Garry O'connor Cleared Of Diving

Broxi1872

http://sport.stv.tv/football/scottish-premier/hibernian/273629-hibernian-striker-garry-oconnor-cleared-over-diving-accusation/

Garry O’Connor has been cleared of an act of simulation by the Scottish Football Association’s Judicial Panel, STV has learned.

The Hibernian striker was accused of having dived in the penalty area during his team’s 3-2 win over St Johnstone last month, with referee Steve Conroy awarding a penalty.

Hibs were offered a two-match ban for O’Connor by the Scottish FA’s Compliance Officer last Friday but instead chose to contest the decision, which was referred to a Fast Track Tribunal.

That tribunal however has upheld the referee's original decision, meaning O'Connor has been cleared of any wrongdoing.

Speaking after the match in question, St Johnstone boss McInnes was livid with the call and said it cost his team a result.

“For me O'Connor has dived and made the referee make a decision, and unfortunately the referee has made the wrong decision.

“It was clear to me at the time and having watched it again it certainly was the wrong decision.

“I told the referee how I felt but the damage was done. The second goal came too late but it should have been enough to get us a point.

“The biggest culprit for me is O'Connor because he made the referee make a decision by diving.”