Sack Levein.....

Al Jolson

10 months is certainly more than enough time to get to know players. Craig Brown did it in the same time and qualified for Euro 96 in his first campaign.

Never ignored anything, you clearly mentioned at the end of your post which I quoted that the poor start was down to lack of time, even-though he had 9 months to prepare. You're saying he needed more time at the start, then also mention he could have got the sack over the bad results. That's pretty contradictory! Surely if he needed time the results don't matter because he has to get to 'know his team'

Considering our first 4 matches were more tricky on paper going away to both Lithuania and Czech, you would expect better results in the final 4 games.

Although I fail to see this blatant improvement, two 1-0 wins against poor countries? Draw at home to a declining Czech team? Failed to make the top 2 in an easier group from what Burley had and Levein only managed an extra point.

Same, I think he will get the start of the campaign at least.

Didnt get a notification for this.

Not really a contradiction, I just stated that the mistakes he made could have got him sacked but it didnt.

A win is a win and Scotland to be fair were robbed against the Czechs at Hampdump.

He was more consistent with his squads, had a better idea of who to use and build a system around and we played better Football. Those were the signs of improvement and he needs another Campaign. Sacking Managers has got Scotland nowhere so let the guy have one more crack at it were he can truly have no excuses.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic