Sack Levein.....

Al Jolson

He's got to be given the World cup qualification to finish what he's started.

We change Managers the now, it will knock us back instead of continuing to build this younger squad for future campaigns.

But is he the right person to take us forward?

I'm not so sure.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why?

He's building a younger, stronger, and more optional squad to chose from. Yes he made mistakes this campaign. But we got some dodgy decisions as well. The Czech Rep game for instance at Hampden.

IMO... We change the now it's not going to change anything, give CL the World Cup campaign. We really have nothing to lose in that group. If we don't progress as a squad then we have a valid reason to change personal.

I have actually seen a lot of positives from the second half of the qualifying campaign. Vast improvements have been made and Levein certainly deserves another campaign. With regards to qualification for Brazil 2014, Scotland could as easy finish first in that group, as they could last.

I have actually seen a lot of positives from the second half of the qualifying campaign. Vast improvements have been made and Levein certainly deserves another campaign. With regards to qualification for Brazil 2014, Scotland could as easy finish first in that group, as they could last.

Look how quickly Wales have come along under the right manager. Compare that to us and that's what get's me.

All round I'd say we have a better squad than Wales.

He's building a younger, stronger, and more optional squad to chose from. Yes he made mistakes this campaign. But we got some dodgy decisions as well. The Czech Rep game for instance at Hampden.

IMO... We change the now it's not going to change anything, give CL the World Cup campaign. We really have nothing to lose in that group. If we don't progress as a squad then we have a valid reason to change personal.

You cant ignore the pk that the Czechs should have had in that game though mate

It shouldn't come down to "dodgy decisions", that is a group that we should have qualified for regardless of decisions that went against us. Simple as that.

This team IMO is probably one of the better Scotland teams I have seen in years and if they can't qualify from that group then there is something wrong.

He has had his chance to build his team against relatively mediocre opposition and he still couldn't do it, playing 4-6-0 against a Czech Republic team that we could have beat is embarrassing.

I wouldnt mind if Levein was sacked though agree he hasn't had long enough and of recent games has been choosing near enough our best players.

MEMO TO EVERYONE.

THE ARSEHOLE OP WANTED HIS COUNTRY TO LOSE TO SPAIN TONIGHT.

HIs posts shame himself and Rangers. He is a waste of SKIN and not worth thinking about. He has no interest in what happens to levein. His views and this is FACT.

Close the thread of this bigot and let the good bears have a serious debate

MEMO TO EVERYONE.

THE ARSEHOLE OP WANTED HIS COUNTRY TO LOSE TO SPAIN TONIGHT.

HIs posts shame himself and Rangers. He is a waste of SKIN and not worth thinking about. He has no interest in what happens to levein. His views and this is FACT.

Close the thread of this bigot and let the good bears have a serious debate

Fuck off ya weird SNP loving troll.

See I don't buy into the dodgy decisions, too many people are conveniently ignoring Adam already on a booking clearly stamping on Baros(I think it was him) which should have resulted in a penalty and a second yellow card. That completely changes the game in the Czech's favour.

My mindset is if we get a new manager in asap he can have friendly matches to go more positive which can be used in the next campaign. Levein has been the most negative manager I've seen in a long time. We should not sit back and give too much respect to the likes of Serbia, Belgium etc. They are not that good!!

Formations and performances against Lithuania/Czechs away and Liechtenstein at home are sacking material IMO. The results in qualification have not really progressed to what Burley achieved and in an easier section that we should have finished second.

Not the right man, never was and a new manager with fresh attacking ideas would be the best solution because the players at our disposal are more attack minded than Levein wishes to play.

You can't just go all gun blazing at international level, we have progressed as a squad over this campaign. they're no denying that. Yes we made some mistakes at the start of the campaign. But we change personal the now we go right back at the start and a new manager comes in, makes some changes and we are back asking the same questions.

IMO our squad of players to select is the strongest we have had for a long time, we really do have some decent players to build around. CL has to be given the World Cup campaign to finish what he's started.

Spain got far too much respect tonight...especially in that first half. Looked to me like the players were content just to stand 5/6 yards off the guy they were supposed to be marking. It was embarrassing. We let them play their tippy-tappy football. Should have man marked them tighter than we did....a bit like the 2nd half. We were too much in awe of Spain to really give ourselves a chance, and were 2 down before we really started to play.

If that was Levein's instructions for the first half ("stand off them and let them play lads, they'll burn themselves out"?) then he should go. If he's not got command of his players to tell them to get tighter and actually throw into a tackle or two, then he should go.

Personally I think he will (hopefully) learn from that game tonight & see that if you actually have a go then you can get results against the bigger teams.

You can't just go all gun blazing at international level, we have progressed as a squad over this campaign. they're no denying that. Yes we made some mistakes at the start of the campaign. But we change personal the now we go right back at the start and a new manager comes in, makes some changes and we are back asking the same questions.

IMO our squad of players to select is the strongest we have had for a long time, we really do have some decent players to build around. CL has to be given the World Cup campaign to finish what he's started.

I agree yet Levein couldnt get the better of the worst Czech side in decades, drew with a worse than mediocre Lithuania side and struggled to over come Liechstenstein.

You say he has learned from mistakes yet he is still playing Berra and Caldwell, an horrendous partnership, he still picked Crainey in the squad ahead of Lee Wallace and Charlie Mulgrew, both better and both in top form, James Forrest is still there, out his depth, Bannan is getting a game, not ready yet, Fletcher plays half fit or fully fit, off form or on form, an off form Hutton is still playing. A right footer is playing left back. I dont think he has learned at all, i think he is persisting with the same players who have let us down time and time again.

I would much rather see a new manager in.

Aside from the poor tactical and squad selection decisions this campaign, I just don't trust Levein as a football manager or as a person. He seems like an absolute weirdo to be frank.

Also agree that somebody like Smith isn't what we need (although I believe he would better than Levein). Would much rather see a young up and coming manager who would bring fresh energy and ideas to the squad.

Have we actually gone forward under Levein?

We have gained one more point than we did on our last qualifying campaign, but this is because we had an easier group. Of the 4 key games against the Czechs and Lithuania, we achieved a dire 5 points.

I'm struggling to see any real things to be happy about.

Two answer the questions above.

The reason we have so many to chose from is because of Levein giving them the chance to perform at this level. It was trial and error.

Danny Wilson, Grant Hanely, Barry Bannan, Charlie Adam as a major player. David Goodwillie, Craig Mackail-Smith, Robert Snodgrass have all emerged as valid players to emerged in the international set up.

We are in the mist of a rebuilding job, Levein has to be given the chance to see through his vision in this World Cup campaign.

Do we want to go back to McCulloch, Weir, Robson, McManus etc. Cause that what's we'd get under Gordon Strachan.

Two answer the questions above.

The reason we have so many to chose from is because of Levein giving them the chance to perform at this level. It was trial and error.

Danny Wilson, Grant Hanely, Barry Bannan, Charlie Adam as a major player. David Goodwillie, Craig Mackail-Smith, Robert Snodgrass have all emerged as valid players to emerged in the international set up.

We are in the mist of a rebuilding job, Levein has to be given the chance to see through his vision in this World Cup campaign.

Do we want to go back to McCulloch, Weir, Robson, McManus etc. Cause that what's we'd get under Gordon Strachan.

It doesnt have to be that radical a change. There is not much needing changed at all but while you ask,

yes, much rather them than Morrison, Caldwell, Bannan and Berra! Although i dont fancy Chesney as boss.

It doesnt have to be that radical a change. There is not much needing changed at all but while you ask,

yes, much rather them than Morrison, Caldwell, Bannan and Berra! Although i dont fancy Chesney as boss.

Well we will just need to agree to disagree, on the choice of players.

Levein should be sacked in my opinion, but I don't think he will be.

Levein seems like an awful guy and by all accounts, he is an awful manager.

To not get second in this qualifying group is very poor and the fact that the 3 games we won were all by 1 goal illustrates how poor we've been in this group.

Levein should be sacked in my opinion, but I don't think he will be.

Levein seems like an awful guy and by all accounts, he is an awful manager.

To not get second in this qualifying group is very poor and the fact that the 3 games we won were all by 1 goal illustrates how poor we've been in this group.

Too many friends in the mhedia im afraid, he is here to stay.