Sack Levein.....

Al Jolson

Why sack levein? what other clueless twat are they going to get in?

The only two managers that have done anything decent with Scotland is Walter smith and Alex McLeish. McLeish isn't going to leave Aston villa and go back to Scotland.

And i don't think the SFA would ask walter to come back as manager. So who else better than Craig Levein are the SFA going to get?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The only two managers that have done anything decent with Scotland is Walter smith and Alex McLeish. McLeish isn't going to leave Aston villa and go back to Scotland.

And i don't think the SFA would ask walter to come back as manager. So who else better than Craig Levein are the SFA going to get?

Strachan would definitely be better in my opinion. I think if we had him as manager we'd actually employ some tactics rather than playing a flat 5 in midfield who consistently stand off the opposition no matter who they are and thus leave Miller running around up front doing not too much.

Would be incredibly stupid.

You could see blatant improvement in the squad and in the Football we play.

He made mistakes at the start which tbh could have got a Manager the sack but it looks as if he has learned from those mistakes and as a team Scotland are getting the ball on the deck and are looking better.

Getting yet ANOTHER Manager in would be stupid.

One of the reasons we started this Campaign so badly was because Levein had no time to assess the squad and really get things going.

Nonsense.

The 4-6-0 came just under a year after he was in the job and was our third qualifier. Would think he was working with inept footballers, we have some very decent players in the squad and this has been a massive failure.

The reason we started so badly was due to his tactics, played for a 0-0 away to Lithuania and with no strikers against Czechs. There is no excuses for that 2-1 win at home to Liechtenstein even if it was his first match in charge and was within a month.

So you think the time he had is enough to get to know all the players etc?

And you blatantly ignored this part "He made mistakes at the start which tbh could have got a Manager the sack but it looks as if he has learned from those mistakes and as a team Scotland are getting the ball on the deck and are looking better".

It looks as if he has settled recently and if you compare the first half of the Campaign to the second half you can see blatant improvement and more consistency in his line-up and its obvious the more time he has had and the more games has helped him.

We are improving as a nation and to sack him would be silly.

Just posted in the other thread talking about the last few campaigns. Think people need to realise the difference in those 7 campaigns and understand 3 managers were solely to blame.

Euro 2000 and 2004 we made the play-off's and lost to bigger nations in England and Holland, IMO we reached our goal and were beaten by better countries.

Euro 2008 - Got stuck with the two World Cup finalist's and Ukraine, nobody gave us a prayer and we did a fantastic job, nobody can deny that.

World Cup 2002 we were unlucky and had a tricky group, one late 90th minute goal at home to Belgium cost us qualification. We did much better in that campaign than previous 2.

World Cup 2006 - Berti Vogts, need I say more.

I'd certainly say 3 of those campaigns were pretty successful, one was just unlucky and the other three were solely down to bad managerial skills and decisions for Vogts, Burley and Levein.

As a small nation we should not expect to make the big tournaments, however play-off's are certainly within our grasp. Considering the two previous campaigns have been our best chances with good groups, I think it's very fair to see the point why people want Levein out.

Fair enough, but I certainly don't see the SFA sacking him anyway.

In hindsight, that was as easy a draw Scotland could hope for.

Take Spain out the equation, as they beat everyone, but the Czechs are as poor a pot 2 team as you'll get. Lithuania are nothing special and Liechtenstein are a side we should be dispatching with relative ease given they only have a population of 35,000 people.

Scotland have been poor right through the qualifiers, and tbh, it'll be a while before they find themselves in as easy a group as that.

For World Cup 2014, we've a tough group, with no superstars in it... but no real diddies either.

They've a population of a Kilmarnock Rangers game at Ibrox?

Holy shit.

I think Levein's crucial mistake was over estimating the Czechs and judging the opposition is a big part of management.

I believe that the world cup group is tougher than the one we just failed in for the Euros so we really need to raise our standards ... you just wonder if Levein has what it takes to do this

MEMO TO EVERYONE.

THE ARSEHOLE OP WANTED HIS COUNTRY TO LOSE TO SPAIN TONIGHT.

HIs posts shame himself and Rangers. He is a waste of SKIN and not worth thinking about. He has no interest in what happens to levein. His views and this is FACT.

Close the thread of this bigot and let the good bears have a serious debate

Fuck off, I would never want my team or country to lose that's just my opinion above

I think it's a waste of time sacking Levein.

Watching that game last night you would be hard pushed to find 3 scottish players who could compete with that Spanish team. I can accept being beaten by a superior team with a hugely experienced manager.

Anyway, the point is nobody would do any better with that squad of players.

Look how quickly Wales have come along under the right manager. Compare that to us and that's what get's me.

All round I'd say we have a better squad than Wales.

I see what you are saying Ben, although this campaign was better than the last, so Levein has made an improvement. Now the only way he can improve on this campaign is by making the playoffs in the next. If he fails to do that as a minimum requirement, it's definitely time for a new man...or should I say old man.

This would be a valid point if McCleish and Smith were the only managers in existence.