Would You Support A Protest Of The Bbc

Adoniram

209 members have voted

1. 1. Would you join the protest

• Yes
    • No

My opinions may be shite in your eyes but as you are entrenched, no matter what I say, nor how intellectual or not I am about my points you will not listen, for you its seems to be YOUR way or NO way! and I voted NO.

(Oh and thanks for crediting me with maybe having the intellectual capacity to debate)

I just wanted you to prove i was wrong or that the BBC had treated them the same way as us. If you had then i could start leading an easier life.

Oh and i know you and i will never agree on anything and i won't be trying to flog a dead horse either.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Clearly, I want to know more about Craig Whyte and his intentions for our club. If this programme manages to ask some credible questions in a fair/balanced manner, then I'll be happy with that.

I also do concede that any ban may well be suitably timed from the view of the club in that it gets the fans onside before any further controversy and/or adverse publicity. We won't know until we see the programme.

Nevertheless, BBC Scotland have been less than fair in recent times when it comes to their coverage of our club. To that end, I cautiously welcome the ban and, in principle, back any fan protest of the BBC.

Cool - The program and subsequent reaction are going to be interesting but what I am really interested in is what plans Mr Whyte does actually have for the club and only time will tell.

For the avoidance of doubt the reason i worded the thread as i did was that many people said they wouldn't support boycotts or protests unless the club endorsed it or were sympathetic towards it.

Not everyone agrees with fans groups and their actions or the direction they take. And again as i have said repeatedly sometimes it is easier for us to see what is happening due to the information we are able to find or dig up on certain people or businesses.

The BBC in Scotland have been less than fair or impartial in their dealings with Rangers FC and the Fans.

Letterkenny Hotel Video

Use of the word h**

McCoist editing

Thomson picture editing

McAndrew picture editing

Karaoke lyrics for our songs

A very small selection of incidents that were less than professional. Taken in isolation none of these would constitute an agenda but when you add them up and compare them to the treatement of other clubs and fans then surely it raises doubts as to why they are acting like this.

Is it rogue individuals

Is it department heads

Is it management

Is it directors

Is it a mix and match of all of the above?

Or is it simply the BBC is full of employees who are not good at their jobs?

For the avoidance of doubt the reason i worded the thread as i did was that many people said they wouldn't support boycotts or protests unless the club endorsed it or were sympathetic towards it.

Not everyone agrees with fans groups and their actions or the direction they take. And again as i have said repeatedly sometimes it is easier for us to see what is happening due to the information we are able to find or dig up on certain people or businesses.

The BBC in Scotland have been less than fair or impartial in their dealings with Rangers FC and the Fans.

Letterkenny Hotel Video

Use of the word h**

McCoist editing

Thomson picture editing

McAndrew picture editing

Karaoke lyrics for our songs

A very small selection of incidents that were less than professional. Taken in isolation none of these would constitute an agenda but when you add them up and compare them to the treatement of other clubs and fans then surely it raises doubts as to why they are acting like this.

Is it rogue individuals

Is it department heads

Is it management

Is it directors

Is it a mix and match of all of the above?

Or is it simply the BBC is full of employees who are not good at their jobs?

At least 4 of them could be put down to the fact that some BBC employees don't like Rangers, that doesn't mean there's an agenda. I'd imagine there's employees at every company in Scotland who don't like Rangers.

To suggest there's a company wide deliberate bias against the club based on the actions of one, or a couple of, employee(s) is just ridiculous. Any protest resulting from it will make our support seem extremely petty.

At least 4 of them could be put down to the fact that some BBC employees don't like Rangers, that doesn't mean there's an agenda. I'd imagine there's employees at every company in Scotland who don't like Rangers.

To suggest there's a company wide deliberate bias against the club based on the actions of one, or a couple of, employee(s) is just ridiculous. Any protest resulting from it will make our support seem extremely petty.

Beg to differ, before i sold mine there was not one and there never would be one . Hello hello did you get that.

Out of interest why do you think the BBC admitted a few years ago to "Institutionalised bias" within its organisation.

I know it's not related to the BBC in Scotland but they have admitted to "failings" in their company down South.

And as for your counter argument the very fact these employees have done what they have done is enough in my eyes to not deal with them until they can prove to us they are acting professionally at all times and with impartiality.

One example being that they know fine well the Celtic fans sing about H***, Protestants and the IRA...their own Chief Executive has told them to stop singing them and they haven't...so why no Karaoke lyrics and bouncing ball for the viewers to understand what it is they are singing and to which tune?

Out of interest why do you think the BBC admitted a few years ago to "Institutionalised bias" within its organisation.

I know it's not related to the BBC in Scotland but they have admitted to "failings" in their company down South.

And as for your counter argument the very fact these employees have done what they have done is enough in my eyes to not deal with them until they can prove to us they are acting professionally at all times and with impartiality.

One example being that they know fine well the Celtic fans sing about H***, Protestants and the IRA...their own Chief Executive has told them to stop singing them and they haven't...so why no Karaoke lyrics and bouncing ball for the viewers to understand what it is they are singing and to which tune?

The director General admitted to institutionalised bias when he joined the company 30 years ago did he not? It would not be related to BBC Scotland, Rangers or the current millenium if that's the case.

How are they supposed to prove to you they are acting professionally at all times and with impartiality? I'm sure they think they are, the actions of a few mad tim employees notwithstanding.

When you start throwing accusations like 'Institutionalised bias' and back it up with petty stuff like karaoke lyrics and photo captions then your campaign loses credibility.

When you start throwing accusations like 'Institutionalised bias' and back it up with petty stuff like karaoke lyrics and photo captions then your campaign loses credibility.

How would you explain decisions taken to discuss generic sectarianism stories from outside Ibrox? Or letter bomb stories from outside Ibrox?

I agree some smaller examples of employee problems are petty. However, juxtapose them with clear editorial/production issues such as they ones above, the McCoist smile and other slanted debates on Newsnight and radio, then it's clear there is a problem.

Do you think RFC would take this decision for a laugh?

When Stuart Cosgrove admits to problems within the sports department RE: Rangers, one knows there is a problem.

Stuart Cosgrove :lol:

So why the pathetic litenay of examples then? Taken in isolation it makes the people claiming bias look petty, when added together it makes them look borderline psychotic.

How would you explain decisions taken to discuss generic sectarianism stories from outside Ibrox? Or letter bomb stories from outside Ibrox?

I agree some smaller examples of employee problems are petty. However, juxtapose them with clear editorial/production issues such as they ones above, the McCoist smile and other slanted debates on Newsnight and radio, then it's clear there is a problem.

Do you think RFC would take this decision for a laugh?

Some BBC employees don't like Rangers? It certainly doesn't point to institutional bias or a corprorate attitude within the BBC against Rangers.

I think RFC have taken this decision solely because the BBC are questioning the owner and his credibility - a quick read of this board will prove that they are not alone.

When Stuart Cosgrove admits to problems within the sports department RE: Rangers, one knows there is a problem.

Little pieces of anecdotal evidence like this doesn't matter to many people.

Nor does it matter when people come out with stories about Connie McLaughlin which they have witnessed.

Some BBC employees don't like Rangers? It certainly doesn't point to institutional bias or a corprorate attitude within the BBC against Rangers.

I think RFC have taken this decision solely because the BBC are questioning the owner and his credibility - a quick read of this board will prove that they are not alone.

That doesn't answer the my points.

I've conceded a few problems are just that. However, there is a direct line of evidence which shows that BBC Scotland are not impartial.

Stuart Cosgrove :lol:

So why the pathetic litenay of examples then? Taken in isolation it makes the people claiming bias look petty, when added together it makes them look borderline psychotic.

What's funny about using his point of a view?

Not only does he not like our club, he's a media expert and highly regarded with other businesses.

What's funny about using his point of a view?

Not only does he not like our club, he's a media expert and highly regarded with other businesses.

Who by his own admission has no love of Rangers FC or the fans. Why would he volunteer this information not long after we protested outside the BBC. Was he saying it just for fun or was he of the opinion that we had a case but perhaps hadn't presented it correctly or went after the wrong people...who knows.

What i have learned though is that you will never convince people like him regardless of the facts presented.

That doesn't answer the my points.

I've conceded a few problems are just that. However, there is a direct line of evidence which shows that BBC Scotland are not impartial.

BBC Scotland are slanted, biased and spin-happy. However it's not exclusively against Rangers - I'm sure if you read any Celtic board they would say exactly the same thing and have similar selective evidence to back them up. That's as close to parity as any of us are likely to get.

I don't really see what you're claiming - are you saying there's a culture at the BBC to always show Rangers in a bad light? That's laughable.

Who by his own admission has no love of Rangers FC or the fans. Why would he volunteer this information not long after we protested outside the BBC. Was he saying it just for fun or was he of the opinion that we had a case but perhaps hadn't presented it correctly or went after the wrong people...who knows.

What i have learned though is that you will never convince people like him regardless of the facts presented.

I've had some dealings with Cosgrove and while he's no friend of Rangers, he's an intelligent guy.

When someone like him says there are problems within his own organisation that suggests there are problems. He's not where he is at the BBC, Channel 4 and BT without knowing his onions.