The Spl Needs A Billionaire

bluebear24

Iv'e been thinking about the sheer amount of money that man city have spent in the last couple of years to try and push into the top 4 in the EPL (they must nearly be hitting 500 million). I cant help but think if that amount of money had been invested into our league buy a wealthy backer, then the standard of the whole league could of risen.

I don't buy the rubbish that the SPL is that much worse than the EPL, but if you were to split 500 million between the 12 SPL teams the quality of player could be increased, this in turn would improve the quality of the game, leading to better TV rights.

This is far fetched and there is no chance any one with that amount of money would invest. Not for nothing anyway, possibly if a cut of TV rights were given to said investor.

Yes I know this is a crazy idea and will never happen but its just what I was thinking at this min in time.

You would have to be a crack pot if you wanted to spend 15m+ on one team in the SPL. Youth is the way foward.

What I meant was split something like the amount of money man city have spent in the last few years with all 12 SPL teams, improving the quality of all teams.

Am I right in saying that this article is basically stating that 'more money would mean Scottish sides could sign better players and the league would improve'?

Christ, why didn't someone think of this before!

Ha, sorry, not meaning to have a go - but yes, more money = better players = better league = more interest

That's kind of a given though surely?

Any club/league would be improved by massive investment

Am I right in saying that this article is basically stating that 'more money would mean Scottish sides could sign better players and the league would improve'?

Ha, sorry, not meaning to have a go - but yes, more money = better players = better league = more interest

You get him telt!

Exactly, but i'm saying if someone invested in the whole league rather than the individual teams. like one massive backer for the SPL. making the SPL similar to MLS in America.

Exactly, but i'm saying if someone invested in the whole league rather than the individual teams. like one massive backer for the SPL. making the SPL similar to MLS in America.

Again, yea it would help. But it's never going to happen

Is the MLS really upto much anyway? I know it's a retirement home for some good players but dunno if there's much more to it. I suppose that would be a step up for the SPL - now, just how do we attract superstars like Henry and Beckham to Paisley rather than LA/NYC?

Another thought re investment in the SPL. As the roman catholic church seems to have concerns about voicing what is wrong with Scotland (that region) Why don't they invest a proportion of the alleged wealth that the vatican accrued as a result of WW2

They would make everybody happy and would help to eradicate the sectarian abuse that they say many people in this land have against them.