Espn Coverage

ESPN worldwide also have a Hearts fan who commentates games, can't remember his name but he is quite pro-Rangers. Him and Shaka Hislop did our Champions League commentary last year and it was really enjoyable. They were referring to Kirk Broadfoot as 'Captain Kirk' and Lafferty as the 'Ulster gazelle' was funny as fuck :lol:

Fuck me, I've heard of Lafferty being called a lot but a Gazelle!!! :lol:

I like Rae and Burley. Burley isn't bitter IMO, he tells everything like it is, gives them a lot more stick than he does us. I used to like Burley when he was on Setanta too.

Rae is good, back in the old ESPN coverage of Scotland outwith Britain he was always defending us because he had Tommy Smyth alongside him in the commentary box, who is the definition of a bitter Tim. Smyth eventually got removed from commentating on Rangers games. Rae is an Aberdeen fan, but he is one of the good guys, he's always been more than complimentary to us in the past (tu).

Smyth is a fucking cretin.

I remember watching him argue with Shaka Hislop on ESPN at the start of last season over who was going to win La Liga. Smyth argued that Real Madrid would run away with it because, and these were his exact words "Real Madrid have a world class centre forward in Karim Benzema." Hislop mentioned David Villa and Messi and Smyth just dismissed both of them as though they were pish, before shouting Hislop down for disagreeing with him.

An absolute charlatan of a broadcaster and how he's managed to build a career out of talking about football I really don't know. It's astonishing.

Unlike a lot of people on here, I don't mind Craig Burley as a commentator.

People who say he's biased are wrong.

They just can't see past the fact he played for the scum.

Agreed, Derek Rae's better than Crocker as well.

Crocker's a fat wank. You can sense the excitement in his voice everytime a team goes close to scoring against us or scores.

I agree. I don't think Burley is that bad at all.

Also prefer Rae to Crocker. Shame I don't have ESPN..I really should get it now I can't make it to every away game.

You should give them a call Ben, when I added it on in September I got 3 months for free - they may still be running the promotion.

I like Rae and Burley. Burley isn't bitter IMO, he tells everything like it is, gives them a lot more stick than he does us. I used to like Burley when he was on Setanta too.

Rae is good, back in the old ESPN coverage of Scotland outwith Britain he was always defending us because he had Tommy Smyth alongside him in the commentary box, who is the definition of a bitter Tim. Smyth eventually got removed from commentating on Rangers games. Rae is an Aberdeen fan, but he is one of the good guys, he's always been more than complimentary to us in the past (tu).

Yeah, the scum seem to detest the man because they cant stand one of their "own" telling things as he see's them i.e. he's blatantly called them out for their paranoia before :lol:.

Apparently Rae became friendly with Super last summer too during the WC! Probably why he's fair to us :D.

I prefer ESPN, but the "banter", if you can call it that, between Rae and Burley is so cringey.

Haha, it's awful. Reminds me of the shite banter my old man has with his mates.

ESPN worldwide also have a Hearts fan who commentates games, can't remember his name but he is quite pro-Rangers. Him and Shaka Hislop did our Champions League commentary last year and it was really enjoyable. They were referring to Kirk Broadfoot as 'Captain Kirk' and Lafferty as the 'Ulster gazelle' was funny as fuck :lol:

Not as funny as the RangersTV commentator, Tom Miller! :lol:.

Smyth is a fucking cretin.

I remember watching him argue with Shaka Hislop on ESPN at the start of last season over who was going to win La Liga. Smyth argued that Real Madrid would run away with it because, and these were his exact words "Real Madrid have a world class centre forward in Karim Benzema." Hislop mentioned David Villa and Messi and Smyth just dismissed both of them as though they were pish, before shouting Hislop down for disagreeing with him.

An absolute charlatan of a broadcaster and how he's managed to build a career out of talking about football I really don't know. It's astonishing.

...he's made his career in America? They just think anyone with an Irish or Scottish accent is brilliant.

I like burley as a co commentator, he's not at all biased. Scott Booth is actually a good commentator as well, another guy who isn't biased.

Derek Rae is the best Scottish commentator by a mile. The banter between him and Burley can be quite funny at times, it's usually burley being pissed off because they have to commentate in a shed at places like New Douglas Park :lol:

He sounds like a drunk cunt they found slumped against the side of a pub in somwhere like Wishaw :lol:

He's horrible :anguish:

The worst thing is my Public Law lecturer sounds like him, exact same accent, and it's comedy gold because he looks like the Copland nutter:

hopkins2.jpgcopland_nutter.jpg

Did you ever find that old Rangers news with the Crocker interview?

...is so much better than Sky's. Craig Burley is (surprisingly) a very unbiased co-commentator who simply says things as he see's it unlike that fucking leprechaun Andy Walker. Although those slow replays are beginning to get over-used.

Discuss.

WIT!! The guy is a complete JERK. After we scored he barley spoke for 10 minutes, in total shock!

His father must be ashamed of him.

Just subscribed to ESPN after getting 3 months free. Think Rae does a good job, and I agree about Burley. Always thought he was a decent commentator who told it like it is. Actually think Crocker is good as well though, although the reptiles sitting beside him don't help.