Joe Sise

4MenHadADream

Sise wouldn't be able to play for us until January so there's absolutely no rush to sign the guy. Also, if he's going to cust us £300k in compensation then I just can't see this move happening giving our current financial situation.

Even if Sise scores a hat-trick in the bounce game that's being arranged for him it doesn't mean he's a shoo-in to get a contract (remember Georgie Welcome).

Sise wouldn't be able to play for us until January so there's absolutely no rush to sign the guy. Also, if he's going to cust us £300k in compensation then I just can't see this move happening giving our current financial situation.

Even if Sise scores a hat-trick in the bounce game that's being arranged for him it doesn't mean he's a shoo-in to get a contract (remember Georgie Welcome).

Our current financial position is very stable. IF we get hit by a huge tax bill then we will prob go into admin. IF we don't it is business as usual. I think the fact that we go into admin if we get the bill means there is no point in preparing for that financially and ruining our league chances. It will make no difference.

Our current financial position is very stable. IF we get hit by a huge tax bill then we will prob go into admin. IF we don't it is business as usual. I think the fact that we go into admin if we get the bill means there is no point in preparing for that financially and ruining our league chances. It will make no difference.

“We have got to get to the stage where we at least break even and live within our means. We are very far from being there at the moment” (Craig Whyte)

Our current financial situation is not "very stable" as the club is currently running at a loss. Rangers, as a business, can't even break even. How is that classed as a "very stable" financial situation? As for your suggestion to stick heads in the sand with regards to administration and continue to spend more and more money, I doubt that's happening at Ibrox.

“We have got to get to the stage where we at least break even and live within our means. We are very far from being there at the moment” (Craig Whyte)

Our current financial situation is not "very stable" as the club is currently running at a loss. Rangers, as a business, can't even break even. How is that classed as a "very stable" financial situation? As for your suggestion to stick heads in the sand with regards to administration and continue to spend more and more money, I doubt that's happening at Ibrox.

in comparison to what is being reported, but i agree its not very stable. its far more stable than what is being reported. celtic have been making a loss for a good few seasons now, but i wouldn't call them very unstable.

and my suggestion was not to stick our heads in the sand, so dont misquote me again please. i said nothing of the sort.

i would hardly say aquiring the services of joe sise a young unknown player is going to break the bank.

all businesses have overheads, the aquisition of a player is an asset and his wages part of the overheads. if you are so concerned about the overheads etc then perhaps you should have protested against the aquisition of the players we signed this year or perhaps the new contracts offered to key players?

getting younger players in and moving older players on with high wages is the way forward.

you think in 2 dimensions, just as well it seems whyte doesn't.

Here's what you said post #11 of this thread:

Our current financial position is very stable.

Now here's what you said post #16 of this thread:

its not very stable.

You're contradicting yourself.

and my suggestion was not to stick our heads in the sand, so dont misquote me again please. i said nothing of the sort.

Yes you did say something of the sort. You said "there is no point in preparing for that" (meaning administration) You're suggesting Rangers should ignore the possibility of administration and insolvency by not preparing for it, that's sticking your head in the sand towards that issue. I even went to the trouble of looking up the meaning of the phrase 'sticking your head in the sand' and it's this:

"It means to ignore something, even when that something could be dangerous to the person in question or to those on whom he/she bears responsibility."

Read more: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_the_meaning_to_'bury_your_head_in_the_sand'#ixzz1cYbayuIr

i would hardly say aquiring the services of joe sise a young unknown player is going to break the bank.

£300k (excluding wages) is a lot of money for a club who are running at a loss. It just means more debt.

all businesses have overheads, the aquisition of a player is an asset and his wages part of the overheads. if you are so concerned about the overheads etc then perhaps you should have protested against the aquisition of the players we signed this year or perhaps the new contracts offered to key players?.

Rangers can't afford to pay the current overheads. Until Rangers ,as a business, are making a profits or at least breaking even then we shouldn't be thinking about increasing those overheads IMO. Also, when new bumper contracts were being handed out to McGregor, Davis, Whittaker and others Whyte said he was going to increase the wage budget by £4m and put £10m in to a Current Account for Ally to spend. It wasn't until after the summer transfer window that Whyte said he should have been more honest when he first came in to the job and told the fans how bad the situation really is. Now we know there's very little money to be spent on transfers and that the wage bill is to be reduced by as much as £7m.

getting younger players in and moving older players on with high wages is the way forward.

That's something I'd like to see happen. Get the likes of Weir, McCulloch, and Healy off the books before giving Sise a wage. Maybe then we'd start to turn a profit.

Here's what you said post #11 of this thread:

etc blah blah blah

you're clearly trying to be a tosser for some reason, i made it obvious for everyone to see what i posted i didn't think was correct and said i agreed with you. so for you to bolster my clear statement that i disagreed with the wording i used before is retarded and petty.

i read the first quote, but i'm not going to bother arguing with someone so petty.

good luck, if this is what you do to pass your day lol.

You mad? :D

i'm not going to bother arguing

You'd be better off. From what I've read of your posts I'm guessing you're not too bright. I don't want to make you look like a fool anymore than I already have done. Goodbye, and have a nice day.

You mad? :D

i've already corrected that, our financial position is stable imo at the moment, perhaps not very stable, but we are still trading.

if the tax bill didn't exist whyte has stated he will clear the debt, which will be a very good position for a club to have no debt in this financial climate. this would make us very stable even if we are not making a profit.

so, there is no reason to stop all business and start selling off players or preventing any coming in when there is no way to know the outcome of the tax case.

if we do win the case then we will be in a very good financial position.

if we have to settle an agreed fee then god knows what will happen. perhaps whyte will prefer us to go into admin so that he doesn't need to pay up.

if we lose the tax bill we cannot pay and will head into administration.

the fact is we may not be in a very stable financial position atm as we dont know whats happening, but the scenarios which can happen will determine the way this is handled. And frankly, i cannot see how the signing of a young unknown player to bolster our squad will make any real impact on our finances.

my opinion though, nothing more

Still trading = Financially stable?

:D

right ok then

we are fucked

we have a man in charge we know nothing about or can trust due to his past history

we clearly have idiots in charge of our finances as they are taking on another player when they should be reducing wages.

but, hey fuck optomism, i've been put in my place by people far more in the know than i am. :D

i'll have to remember the next time i'm being optomistic about the future - better just forget it and follow the press snowballing stories of liquidation, administration and going out of existance.

<cr>