Regan, Stokes and Media Double Standards

Fury

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And who was offended by Dallas’ joke? Seriously now.

This is a classic goose/gander moment. Regan makes a poor taste joke, Dallas passes on a brilliant joke. One of them was hounded from his job. The other?.

If you look back I didn't say I was offended by the Dallas joke, only that calling somebody a paedo is a far more serious crime than a joke about the amount of toast one eats

why did reagan go to extreme of stating 11 PIECES OF TOAST ..he could have stated 10 ffs ..he was having a crass snipe at remembrance day ..in my opinion anyway .

Reagans just a lawwell puppet nothing more i'm not surprised at all at his scummy tweets.

If you look back I didn't say I was offended by the Dallas joke, only that calling somebody a paedo is a far more serious crime than a joke about the amount of toast one eats

Few zip up the back as much as you appear to want - that joke wasn’t about the amount of toast he ate - the number eleven is significant. Quite why you want to pretend otherwise is stretching credibility beyond parody.

Or perhaps Dallas’ email was misinterpreted - it was a really a warning to mothers regarding the vehicular dangers of the popemobile. As highlighted by Zander Diamond.

Your argument is tenuous enough without making things up. Dallas did not call anybody a paedophile. He forwarded on a joke cartoon.

Your argument is tenuous enough without making things up. Dallas did not call anybody a paedophile. He forwarded on a joke cartoon.

Christ

I didn't say Dallas called anyone a paedo, I said the joke he passed on was about calling someone a paedo. For me, there is little comparison in comparing the two jokes

Few zip up the back as much as you appear to want - that joke wasn’t about the amount of toast he ate - the number eleven is significant. Quite why you want to pretend otherwise is stretching credibility beyond parody.

Or perhaps Dallas’ email was misinterpreted - it was a really a warning to mothers regarding the vehicular dangers of the popemobile. As highlighted by Zander Diamond.

The number 11 is significant because the date is 11.11.11 - that was the extent of the joke. I just cannot fathom the leap that is being made between a joke pointing out an event that can only happen next in, what, a hundred years time (unless my maths are failing me) and rememberence day. The joke is in no way disrespectful in my books but clearly plenty of you on here have decided to be offended. We'll have to leave it at that I presume. If he'd taken the piss out of soldiers, of the minutes silence, of what day it is, then fair enough, be mad. Can nobody comprehend that he simply looked at the date 11.11.11 and that was the full extent of it?

I can't believe that anyone here is suggesting Regan's joke wasn't about Remembrance Day.

Would he have made the joke if the date wasn't 11.11.11? I think not!!

What about 10.10.10? Was he cracking wide-assed jokes about eating ten bits of toast on the tenth of October last year? I seriously doubt it!

For him to make that joke on Remembrance Day is WORSE than Dallas being involved in the pope-joke-gate or whatever the hell they called it.

If Scotland's top refereeing official at the SFA can get sacked for what he did, then Regan should be fed to the wolves. He doesn't know his arse from his elbow anyway, so the SFA and Scottish football in general would be better off without him.

The number 11 is significant because the date is 11.11.11 - that was the extent of the joke. I just cannot fathom the leap that is being made between a joke pointing out an event that can only happen next in, what, a hundred years time (unless my maths are failing me) and rememberence day. The joke is in no way disrespectful in my books but clearly plenty of you on here have decided to be offended. We'll have to leave it at that I presume. If he'd taken the piss out of soldiers, of the minutes silence, of what day it is, then fair enough, be mad. Can nobody comprehend that he simply looked at the date 11.11.11 and that was the full extent of it?

No they cant because no one seems to think the way you do, your an odd one.

I’m not offended - Regan’s a stupid man, however.

Are you wilfully ignoring the facts - two jokes by Regan and Dallas, both questionable in context, but nothing more. One man was hounded out of his job. The other get’s defended by a lone poster on RM.

Regan should go the same way Dallas had to and that vile little bastard Stokes.......to have a player playing in our country openly supporting a terrorist organisation that has waged a campaign and bombed our country makes my blood boil.Vile player at a vile club.

Point Is here Celtic fans pretended to be offended by his mail to get a man to lose his livelihood and Reagan took the side of the nutters.

Live by the sword die by the sword.

And did they not reinstate some of the people sacked with him?

It was Dallas they were after, they had been after him for years and this was their opportunity and by fuck they didn't half make the most of it

This is pathetic to the extreme.

It was a joke about the date, not rememberance day.

also, can you explain his 'poppy' stance? As far as I'm aware he firmly wanted us to wear the poppy on our shirt.

the date was rememberance day, is there a difference between the two. I font think it about being offended but more about the double standards that are ever present these days