Good news regarding Ibrox.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was only saying seats in their place in the long run, although it baffles me that everyone scoffs at the idea because we can't fill our current stadium capacity..

Empty seats are in moderation IMO..

If we expanded our capacity our average attendance would more than likely go up. There would still be empty seats, but we would still gain a bigger average attendance than we do right now.

That's a very negative view IMO. Surely as a club we need to look forward and one of the main items on the agenga is getting regular bums backs on seats as well as getting NEW bums on seats. If there are empty seats, surely we need to ask why and tackle it by more imaginative pricing structures and packages that will entice people back to Ibrox.

But they arent doing that now so why would that change? At this moment in time around a 45,000 seater stadium would do us. Apart from when IRA fc visit the grounds not full. Even against Man ure last year there were empty seats.

In the financial climate we are in at this moment in time people cant afford the football so i dont see why us raising our capacity would help other than too have more empty seats on show. Even the away sides are not bringing as back a support as they used too.

I was only saying seats in their place in the long run, although it baffles me that everyone scoffs at the idea because we can't fill our current stadium capacity..

Empty seats are in moderation IMO..

If we expanded our capacity our average attendance would more than likely go up. There would still be empty seats, but we would still gain a bigger average attendance than we do right now.

7,000 of them?

Does it really matter how much? As long as it is bringing in cash to our club at the moment. It has been a crime for us as a club to not rectify a modern format for ad revenue that has been lying broken for years.

If it was £1 or £1 million you wouldn't think that would matter.....each to there own i guess....

Ssssssshhhhhhh..... We have no money remember

We need to appear skint to appease to the rhags and mhedia... We dont want a timplision and overworked staff at Samaritans

But good news!!

We've got around that. They are being installed with coin meters on the back.

But they arent doing that now so why would that change? At this moment in time around a 45,000 seater stadium would do us. Apart from when IRA fc visit the grounds not full. Even against Man ure last year there were empty seats.

In the financial climate we are in at this moment in time people cant afford the football so i dont see why us raising our capacity would help other than too have more empty seats on show. Even the away sides are not bringing as back a support as they used too.

Hence the part about better pricing and more attractive packages.... If people cannot afford to go to games, then you have to realistic and make it more affordable to people TBH.

Hence the part about better pricing and more attractive packages.... If people cannot afford to go to games, then you have to realistic and make it more affordable to people TBH.

No i get that mate but they have no real interest in reducing pricing. As seen by the prices for Malmo, Maribor, Liverpool and Chelsea

7,000 of them?

As silly as it sounds, what i mean is that we would still get a higher attendance..

Our average this season so far is 46,314.. If we took our capacity down to that exact number would it be full every week?

I could be very wrong but I don't think it works like that. If we added more we would get more people in..

As silly as it sounds, what i mean is that we would still get a higher attendance..

Our average this season so far is 46,314.. If we took our capacity down to that exact number would it be full every week?

I could be very wrong but I don't think it works like that. If we added more we would get more people in..

Im not being funny mate but where is your logic in that when there are seats not being filled on a regular basis? Surely if the stadium was full every week then we would have the chance to expand?

If it was £1 or £1 million you wouldn't think that would matter.....each to there own i guess....

Very droll. I'm sure Rangers would have a decent amount of local and National business' queueing up to exploit a great ad stream like a large screen in an environment that a regularly get 45,000/50,000 people every other week

Just to clarify i'm not saying we should expand at this moment in time, all i'm saying is out average attendance would go up..

The tims average attendance this season is 49,423 which is shocking considering they have about 7-8000 more seats than us?

For me this doesn't mean they have a better/more loyal support, if anything it shows how shit their support is, but for me if the fans know there are more seats more will come..

If we dropped our capacity then our average attendance would lower surely? It would work in the other direction aswell?

I may have a flawed logic though :ph34r:

Very droll. I'm sure Rangers would have a decent amount of local and National business' queueing up to exploit a great ad stream like a large screen in an environment that a regularly get 45,000/50,000 people every other week

They already had adverts on there, not sure of there was people queueing out the door to buy ad space from us though.

It was pretty simple question not directed to you (and no wonder considering the rubbish you have spouted since) to the person who said we made good money out it, i was wondering how much...if you don't know i'm not that interested in what you have to say.

They already had adverts on there, not sure of there was people queueing out the door to buy ad space from us though.

It was pretty simple question not directed to you (and no wonder considering the rubbish you have spouted since) to the person who said we made good money out it, i was wondering how much...if you don't know i'm not that interested in what you have to say.

:rolleyes:

Ok then......

I'd enjoy a better matchday experience if the guy controlling the volume on the PA system would crank the fucker down from the ear-exploding 10 that he has it at all the time, to a more listenable 5 or 6 on the dial.

Halftime conversation is almost impossible - indeed the guy who sits along from us that reads his copy of War and Peace during the halftime interval has been complaining that his concentration levels are struggling to cope.

Ibrox at full blast is where the word "Eh?" is heard (barely heard, surely?) most often. :rolleyes:

No i get that mate but they have no real interest in reducing pricing. As seen by the prices for Malmo, Maribor, Liverpool and Chelsea

Well more fool them and every other team that outprices fans. Fair enough if you have 50,000 every week but if we have 5/7,000 empty seats we need to address it and pricing is the most obvious thing that comes to mind.

Call me a fool but surely it's better to have more people in the stadium at a somewhat reduced rate? The profit would be balance out in the end and you surely have more people buying from the shops/catering etc?

Well more fool them and every other team that outprices fans. Fair enough if you have 50,000 every week but if we have 5/7,000 empty seats we need to address it and pricing is the most obvious thing that comes to mind.

Call me a fool but surely it's better to have more people in the stadium at a somewhat reduced rate? The profit would be balance out in the end and you surely have more people buying from the shops/catering etc?

Id love to see more competitive prices but what if they lower them and the attendance doesn't improve? Then they are losing more money.

I'd enjoy a better matchday experience if the guy controlling the volume on the PA system would crank the fucker down from the ear-exploding 10 that he has it at all the time, to a more listenable 5 or 6 on the dial.

Halftime conversation is almost impossible - indeed the guy who sits along from us that reads his copy of War and Peace during the halftime interval has been complaining that his concentration levels are struggling to cope.

Ibrox at full blast is where the word "Eh?" is heard (barely heard, surely?) most often. :rolleyes:

(tu)

It's fucking ridiculous. It also shits on any type of atmosphere that the crowd could get started before big games (OF games) which is probably why they do it.