Fleck Today

DamienM855

Bringing a bit of optimism to the board (as much as I feel sick)...

John Fleck really looked as though he'd got his act together today, he was quick, lively, and although they didn't lead to any goals, he made some fantastic passes and some great runs that weren't picked up by any of the other players.

Hemmings wasn't too shabby either. (although the rest of the team were I suppose..)

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bringing a bit of optimism to the board (as much as I feel sick)...

John Fleck really looked as though he'd got his act together today, he was quick, lively, and although they didn't lead to any goals, he made some fantastic passes and some great runs that weren't picked up by any of the other players.

Hemmings wasn't too shabby either. (although the rest of the team were I suppose..)

Totally agree with this. The one thing we wernt doing all afternoon was exploiting the width and having an extra player overlapping on the wing, Fleck did this twice and was ignored by both broadfoot and whitt's (who both subsequently played dire balls into the box).

Good point mate, Hope he starts the next game up top with Jela.

Its amazing what getting the ball down and passing it to a team mate can do! I would like to see him start the next game.

There is nothing simpler than playing football the right way, its honestly a doddle, pass and move, pass and move.

Attitude and effort is all that is needed.

Lets hope he picks up from here then

Was reading articles and watching footage of the 17 year old Fleck the other day and it made me sad

Makes me sick how we have mishandled this lad. He has the kind of ability that we needed in the Euro ties, that bit of class, that bit different.

There is nothing simpler than playing football the right way, its honestly a doddle, pass and move, pass and move.

Attitude and effort is all that is needed.

It all starts on the training ground. We have been lucky in the past few weeks IMO, although we have been grinding out the wins, there has been no cutting edge. Naisy will be sorley missed unless we can sort out the way we play as a team.